Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Todd.
      =Dukat
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

As for Tracker... Bilge water. A 'kill them stupid Wraith' action episode that's Keller/Dex heavy AND introduces a juvenile 'love' triangle of which the female isn't aware... No thanks.
        Yes, we get it brother nx, you don't like Ronan, so much for a fair and inpartial review of any Ronan heavy episodes, lol. Well your review Tracker was, with all due respect, pond scum. Tracker was great episode that had a cool sense of adventure. And at least the little love triangle was kind fo settled, sort-of. Geez I never saw that one coming -
        Spoiler:
        that the sexy little Dr. would choose Rodney over Ronan, lol.

It's just that I have no interest in a straight up thug. Sorry, but I'd rather have seen Mckay alone in the wilderness trying to find Keller than have Dex be a part of the equation. The character does nothing but grunt and kill, and I find that not only uninteresting but a decided minus for my viewing experience.
        That character is one of the most interesting things in that entire series. What is it with you, don't like macho or something?.

Comment

Hmph. To each their own, whether character or plot.
          *grumblestupidronongrumble*

I don't hate, ahem, 'macho'. I do hate what I see as 1 dimensional characters.
          Last edited by nx01a; 12 November 2008, 04:20 AM.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            I also enjoyed the episode Tracker where Rodney and Ronan had to rescue the good Dr. who they both have the hots for, it kind of reminded me of one of the great episode Deadman's Switch with the indominable Aris Boch.
            Tracker also made me think of Deadman's Switch with Aris Boch. We never did see Boch again after they left it hanging he might return, which tells me we probably will not see Kiryk again.

Ronan and Rodney make a wonderful duo and pretty cool team together. I didn't see it coming with those two together, but they are very entertaining together and carried one of the best episodes this season.
            Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            I like the Trip character from ENT and Connor Tineer is a pretty good actor, but I have hard time taking a shine to the Michael character. It just seems out of place, IMO they should have used him for a seasonal storyline arc and then be done with it, it's not very interesting.
            I never cared for the Michael character to begin with. He was semi-interesting at the start, like you suggested, "they should have made it a seasonal storyline" or a couple episode arc.

As much as I was content with Atlantis ending this season, the closer we get to finale the more bummed I become.

Comment

Hmph. To each their own, whether character or plot.
              *grumblestupidronongrumble*
              LOL, look at brother Weyoun needling brother nx, anything is better than religion and politics. I don't really have feelings one way or the other about Ronan, that being said, I would miss him if they happen to kill him off or something. I do enjoy his dry wit, he does remind he of teal'c in away and his dedicated episodes are always pretty exciting and adventurous. He balances out the dynamic of Shep's team quite nicely.

Comment

Hi everybody, its good to be back. My monitor broke and it took a while to replace it.

I hope everybody is ok.
                LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Broken monitor? Ouch. Sorry.
                  Did Ronon break it?
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
                    Hi everybody, its good to be back. My monitor broke and it took a while to replace it.

I hope everybody is ok.
                    Hey brother SC, good to see you back on the superior thread. It has been an interesting mix of Religion, Poltics with a little bit of scifi even since the election. I'm not sure what to think of it, lol.

Comment

I hope everybody is ok.
                      WB Spinning Chevron
                      Did Ronon break it?
                      lolol
                      Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      As much as I was content with Atlantis ending this season, the closer we get to finale the more bummed I become.
                      I feel the same way. I didn't think I was going to care, but the closer we do get to the end, the more "bummed" I find myself.

Comment

Did Ronon break it?
                        Yeah, he became angry when I forced him to cut his dreadlocks.
                        LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                        Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                        99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Todd.
                          that plays perfectly into one of my theories... that the ancients who couldn't or didn't want to ascend messed with their DNA looking for immortality and became the wraith... atleast Todd and the other scientists/leaders of the wraith.
                          who says ronon is illiterate he just said he doesn't write reports... i can change the oil in my car, but I don't (that is what hubby is for )

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            LOL, look at brother Weyoun needling brother nx, anything is better than religion and politics. I don't really have feelings one way or the other about Ronan, that being said, I would miss him if they happen to kill him off or something. I do enjoy his dry wit, he does remind he of teal'c in away and his dedicated episodes are always pretty exciting and adventurous. He balances out the dynamic of Shep's team quite nicely.
                            You know, one day you'd find out Ronon is worshipped by some religion or other, and all this discussion would go back to being about religion!

I hope everybody is ok.
                            Oy, wibble!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

LOL! Ronon worshipped. By Amelia, maybe... And, by his own admission,
                              Spoiler:
                              Woolsey.
                              Didn't see THAT ship coming.

@Rac... We know the Ancients came to Earth and, ahem, integrated with the locals. The thought of them retrovirusing themselves into their greatest enemy, though... You've gotta sell me on that one a bit more.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                who says ronon is illiterate he just said he doesn't write reports... i can change the oil in my car, but I don't (that is what hubby is for )
                                Actually (and everyone seems to be misquoting him on this), if I recall correctly, he said:
                                I'm not good with writing.

I interpret that as he's not good at writing, not that he doesn't like to write reports (although who does...)

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                                The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Working...
                                X