X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you count Voyager as Trek?

*edit* nx01a: Yeah, me too.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I am done sobbing now, this quiz was a doosie!
      Spoiler:
      1.c.
      2.b
      3.c
      4.d
      5.c
      6.d (thank the star trek gods!!!)
      7.a
      8.a
      9.a
      10.c
      11.c
      12.a
      13.a
      14.a
      15.great bird of the galaxy ??
      16.The Rock, A fighting Champion
      17.a cook, keldar and ishkah,lumbah,romulan ale,tongo,???,grilka
      18.4, Lt., tuvix,vulcan lyre?,orchids,archery,a knife
      19. so worf's son alexander can be there, alexander his son,obrien, julian, & alexander,Syrillia (sp?),morn & a boelian,6,life on DS9 during the cardassian occupation,blood red, beaten by the groomsmen
      20.173,285,A man is only worth the sum of his possessions
      Last edited by Rac80; 02 June 2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one who felt good about this one??? Of course watch me come back with a terrible score now.

Then again, regarding number 16, that was a headdesk moment for me too (aside from the fact that as soon as I submitted I knew exactly who it was). For some reason I put Leonardo DaVinci.....then realized what was wrong with that picture. Should have left it in for a laugh.....

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
          Why don't you count Voyager as Trek?
          Because it took a terrifically Trek concept, boldly going where none have gone before, and squandered it miserably. And after they realized how horribly they were squandering it, they decided that the only way to fix it was to bring in sex appeal and beat a previously dread-inspiring villain into a useless plot device that could be defeated at any turn. And to add insult to injury, the series finale all but precludes any future Trek series since the Federation is now invincible. And let's not even start on the fact that only one of the actors could actually do anything with the embarassing scripts handed to him (Picardo).

No thanks. If by some bizarre twist of fate I were to suddenly assume creative control of the franchise, announcing that voyager, enterprise, and possibly even Nemesis never 'officially' happened would be my first act.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Spoiler:

1 A
            2 B
            3 C
            4 D
            5 C
            6 D
            7 A
            8 A
            9 D
            10 D
            11 B
            12 C
            13 A
            14 A
            18 4, Lieutenant, Tuvix, ?, orchids, ?, ?
            19 The only part of this question I can remember is the wedding outfits are red.

That was hard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              No thanks. If by some bizarre twist of fate I were to suddenly assume creative control of the franchise, announcing that voyager, enterprise, and possibly even Nemesis never 'officially' happened would be my first act.
              I'd agree with you on Nemesis, but I can't say I hated VOY or ENT. Sure, there were flaws, but there were also some great episodes, Borg-neutering notwithstanding.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Isn't it funny how we all seem to have different favorite rules of acquisition?

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Am I the only one who felt good about this one??? Of course watch me come back with a terrible score now.

Then again, regarding number 16, that was a headdesk moment for me too (aside from the fact that as soon as I submitted I knew exactly who it was). For some reason I put Leonardo DaVinci.....then realized what was wrong with that picture. Should have left it in for a laugh.....
                I felt pretty good about it, but now I'm not so sure. Oh, and my first thought was Da Vinci

blablabla
                Well I thought it was entertaining Sure, it's no match for DS9, but really, what is?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I'm a bit out of it, I guess, but tonight when I turned the Sci-fi channel on, I discovered they are re-runing TNG episodes now, instead of ENT. There's been a dearth of TNG re-runs, so I am happy (and I sure can use the refresher for quizzes ).

Is anyone familiar with the new series Sci-fi will begin airing this Friday--Charlie Jade? I know it was filmed in South Africa, and it involves a detective who somehow gets himself trapped in a parallel universe, but that's it. It looks interesting and I was wondering if anyone here could recommend/warn against it.

Comment

I felt pretty good about it, but now I'm not so sure. Oh, and my first thought was Da Vinci
                    Thank goodness I'm not the only crazy person here.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    I'm a bit out of it, I guess, but tonight when I turned the Sci-fi channel on, I discovered they are re-runing TNG episodes now, instead of ENT. There's been a dearth of TNG re-runs, so I am happy (and I sure can use the refresher for quizzes ).

Is anyone familiar with the new series Sci-fi will begin airing this Friday--Charlie Jade? I know it was filmed in South Africa, and it involves a detective who somehow gets himself trapped in a parallel universe, but that's it. It looks interesting and I was wondering if anyone here could recommend/warn against it.
                    Charlie Jade? That's been airing here for years. I watched maybe one ep, not sure if I even finished it. I don't think the show was bad, I just found it boring and never bothered checking it out again.

Comment

The TNG theme is fan favourite episodes, should be fun. Arsenal of Freedom.

La Forge: How fast can you get a weapons lock?
                      Worf: Fast.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

LOL, ^5 that's exactly what I was going for brother ./freelancer. I knew when putting that question together we were going to get a whole array of different quotes, and I also knew it was going to be fun to read.
                        You did pretty darn good on this rather tough quiz Lady Trek. I got the feeling correcting your quiz that you were on your game this week.
                        Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        #16 was my ringer question of the week. Some of you might get it, most will not, if you do, welcome to my Trek world. (hint: It's not someone famous or dead)

NOTE: I am leaving this brain racker up until Wednesday night before posting results. I will go back to a more friendlier version with the next couple quizzes.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Charlie Jade? That's been airing here for years. I watched maybe one ep, not sure if I even finished it. I don't think the show was bad, I just found it boring and never bothered checking it out again.
                          Sci-fi is behind again, then, I guess. I like sci-fi/mystery crosses (generally), so hopefully Charlie Jade will be OK. If not, I just started reading the first Dresden Files novel, which so far is promising, so I shall get my fix one way or another.

Comment

Spoiler:

1) A

2) B

3) C

4) D

5) C

6) D

7) A

8) B

9) B

10) A

11) B

12) A

13) D

14) A

15) Great Bird of the Galaxy

16) some wrestling dude (sorry don't know the name)

17) cook/Ishka (Moooogie!!! sorry couldn't resist)/John Doe/hot lips?/spin the wheel?/gold press latinium?/replicated Quark's mug/some Klingon lady

18) 12/Lt./Tuvix/guitar/gardenia/Kung Fu! LOL/a bottle of water

19) because they knew they would probably never see each other again/Sisko/O'Brien, Bashir & Garak/Jane Doe/Bareil/seven times/about the Dominion War/red and gold/they kill each other! LOL

20) don't know/don't know/ditto

This was by far THE toughest quiz yet, at least for me. Whew!
                            Last edited by Whitestar; 03 June 2008, 06:42 AM.
                            Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              1- C
                              2- B
                              3- C
                              4- A
                              5- C
                              6- D
                              7- A
                              8- A
                              9- B
                              10- C
                              11- C
                              12- D
                              13- D
                              14- A
                              15- ??
                              16- ?? / ??
                              17- Cook / Ishka / Keldar / Luumba / Tongo / ? / Adverts. on DS9's monitors and stations / Grilka
                              18- 4 / Lt. / Tuvix / Vulcan Lute like thingy / Orchids / Science of the Archeries / Ritual blade
                              19- So Alexander could be there / Alexander / O'Brien / Bashir / Alexander / Sirrella / Morn and another alien (hilarious!) / 6 times / Short stories about his time aboard DS9 during the Dominion's rule / Red and some Black / Every one rushes the bride and groom and attacks them with sticks.
                              20- 170ish / 290ish / The 1rst rule of Acquisition "Once you have there money, never give it back".
                              Wow that was a brain twister. The most important rule of Acquisition has to be the 1rst one?. At least thats what I quoted.

Comment

Because it took a terrifically Trek concept, boldly going where none have gone before, and squandered it miserably. And after they realized how horribly they were squandering it, they decided that the only way to fix it was to bring in sex appeal and beat a previously dread-inspiring villain into a useless plot device that could be defeated at any turn.
                                This is just so wrong, First of all Janeway was a scientist, more of a scientist than any of the other Captains we have seen. Being in the Delta Quadrant, they ran into enemies of the Borg who had been fighting them. So they garnered information from them. They rescued a Borg with enormous knowledge of the collective and used the knowledge to improve their ability to fight the Borg. Their situation forced them to improvise and gain knowledge faster than if they had Federation resources to call on. It makes complete sense that if they could survive the journey home, they would come back with superior technology.

I would remind you that under the pressure of World War II, the P51 Mustang was developed in 117 days and it became a strong reason for our victory in WW2 (can you hear the band playing?)

Voyager is a totally pure Trek series. Roddenberry would have loved it.

(I'm obviously trying to cover for the fact that I'm scared of the quiz)

Comment

Working...
                                X