Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    Me too! I really felt that sense of awareness too and found it fascinating that they were all considering the notion of being ‘free’. Could it be a step along in holographic evolution perhaps, a totally unforeseen byproduct of the original Mark 1 EMH programming? I thought it was so sad to see the ‘failed’ Mark 1’s being thought of as only fit for basic menial work in the dilithium mines. Seeing how Voyager’s Doctor evolved when given the right opportunities it’s a lesson in how on being given a chance anyone can achieve something they thought they never could. I would love to see them turn up in a movie where we see them join Voyager’s doctor on the quest for self determination and take their place as valued members of Federation society. A fitting end and a new beginning would be when he finally gets a name.
    Very well said Kris!. I would look forward to seeing the EMH Doctor in any future Trek endevour..
    Originally posted by Krisz
    What an excellent idea about an episode and a workout. The kids use the downstairs to sit and watch DVD’s and guess what else is down there? Yes, you guessed it, a dust gathering item called an exercise bike!! Now all I need is some willpower and I’m off! I do agree about looking forward to that first watching of an episode of a good show. The only show left for me at the moment is Supernatural, sharing your cynicism I fear it too will fall to the whims of the networks and be cancelled after the 3rd season. At least it gets one more season than Dead Like Me did, now that was a fantastic original show that was cut off as it really got going.
    Supernatural is hit and miss for me. One episode is good, then one episode is great and another is crappy. Which tends to be the norm in any series' first season, it did build up nicely towards the end of the season. Hope fully season II will be even better.

Dead Like Me was a fantstic show!, that one hurt when they canceled it. Another pretty good show I wasn't to happy that got canceled was the Dresden Files. Which started out really slow but turned out to be a very good by the end of the season. I would have much rather seen the Scifi Channel cancel Eureka than Stargate or the Dresden Files. -- Heck!, I am still mad that ABC canceled Invasion, NBC canceled Surface and extremely pizzed off that CBS canceled Threshold.
    All this talk about these ‘hunky’ men kicking muscled up "azzes" makes revisiting San Francisco next year sound more interesting.
    LOL, don't stroke Fifth Race and Starbases ego Kris. Those two guys are scary looking big and strong, especially Fifth Race (David). People tend to stare at them everywhere they go, I just tell people they are my bodyguards when I hanging with them.
    I got hooked about the concept of two minds in one body and the reaction of others to the Trill in general when I first saw TNG episode 'The Host'. It was a great episode as we watch Beverly try to cope with this concept. She was in love with the symbiont but it still highlighted how much humans take outside appearances into account as well. It was just too much for her to believe that the female host was as much Odan as the original Trill host and Will Riker were. This episode again shows TNG did touch on certain subjects but couldn't take it further with Beverly continuing her relationship with the female Odan.
    :
    I vaguely remember that TNG episode The Host. I am going to pull out my TNG DVD Box Set's and give a look tonight, maybe even it review it.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
      DS9 Season II Episode Blood OathBackground Information
      What a great list of Background and Inside Information you came up with brother Defiant, good work my friend.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        Supernatural is hit and miss for me. One episode is good, then one episode is great and another is crappy. Which tends to be the norm in any series' first season, it did build up nicely towards the end of the season. Hope fully season II will be even better.
        I also had a hard time getting into Supernatural initially, but it did get much better by the end of the season, and there were many very good episodes.

I haven't seen all the Supernatural episodes, so let me ask a question to those who have ..... Last week they replayed the episode where the boys travel to San Francisco and encounter a woman who Sam falls for and who got bit and turns into a Vampire and goes out terrorizing people without realizing it. Now, that episode ends with Sam seemingly going into her bedroom under her request to kill her so she doesn't harm anyone else. My question is - does her actually kill her?, does she show in a later episode so he obviously didn't kill her?, or we don't really know what happened to her?.
        Originally posted by USS Defiant
        Dead Like Me was a fantastic show!, that one hurt when they canceled it. Another pretty good show I wasn't to happy that got canceled was the Dresden Files. Which started out really slow but turned out to be a very good by the end of the season. I would have much rather seen the Scifi Channel cancel Eureka than Stargate or the Dresden Files. -- Heck!, I am still mad that ABC canceled Invasion, NBC canceled Surface and extremely pizzed off that CBS canceled Threshold.
        Surface, Dead Like Me, Invasion and especially Threshold rocked!. I was bummed big time when all 4 went under. Dresden Files was pretty good but not great. Eureka is decent enough, although it is rather pedestrian.
        Originally posted by USS Defiant
        I vaguely remember that TNG episode The Host. I am going to pull out my TNG DVD Box Set's and give a look tonight, maybe even it review it.
        That would be awesome if you gave us one of your patented detailed reviews of The Host. I am going to also re-watch that episode tomorrow during my day off.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hey everyone!

I have here some information regarding Colm Meaney who is currently in negotiations to star in a new tv series entitled, "Life On Mars". Here is the inside scoop:

Meaney Mulls ABC's Mars Pilot

Former Star Trek star Colm Meaney is in final talks to co-star opposite Jason O'Mara in Life on Mars, the pilot remake of the British time-travel series that David E. Kelley is preparing for ABC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on the BBC series, the show centers on Sam (O'Mara), a detective who finds himself transported back to 1972 after his girlfriend is kidnapped.

Meaney will play Detective Hunt, the gruff, funny head of the homicide unit in 1972 who clashes violently with Sam.

Lenny Clarke also was cast in the pilot, from 20th Century Fox TV, David E. Kelley Productions and Kudos Film & Television.

Meaney is perhaps best known to SF fans as Chief Miles O'Brien on Star Trek: The Next Generation and its spinoff series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He also appeared in episodes of SCI FI Channel's Stargate Atlantis.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=43316

I must admit that I'm excited about this because Meaney is a such a great actor, he is so fascinating to watch. I'm looking for forward to this and hopes the pilot performs well to warrant a series. Here's hoping!
          Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
            Hey everyone!

I have here some information regarding Colm Meaney who is currently in negotiations to star in a new tv series entitled, "Life On Mars". Here is the inside scoop:

Meaney Mulls ABC's Mars Pilot

Former Star Trek star Colm Meaney is in final talks to co-star opposite Jason O'Mara in Life on Mars, the pilot remake of the British time-travel series that David E. Kelley is preparing for ABC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on the BBC series, the show centers on Sam (O'Mara), a detective who finds himself transported back to 1972 after his girlfriend is kidnapped.

Meaney will play Detective Hunt, the gruff, funny head of the homicide unit in 1972 who clashes violently with Sam.

Lenny Clarke also was cast in the pilot, from 20th Century Fox TV, David E. Kelley Productions and Kudos Film & Television.

Meaney is perhaps best known to SF fans as Chief Miles O'Brien on Star Trek: The Next Generation and its spinoff series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He also appeared in episodes of SCI FI Channel's Stargate Atlantis.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=43316

I must admit that I'm excited about this because Meaney is a such a great actor, he is so fascinating to watch. I'm looking for forward to this and hopes the pilot performs well to warrant a series. Here's hoping!
            Interesting bit of news- I haven't seen the original "Life on Mars" yet, must do so some time. Lets hope that this remake isn't another American "Red Dwarf"- I'd give it a try to see Colm Meany though. But why americans need to remake all these British shows is beyond me..... Are Americans really that unable to appreciate the original British versions of these shows? I have trouble believing that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
              Hey everyone!
              I have here some information regarding Colm Meaney who is currently in negotiations to star in a new tv series entitled, "Life On Mars".

Hi ya brother Whitestar. I would watch anything that Colm Meany is a part of, I hope he get's the part.

I alway's love anything David E Kelly does, aside from his politics. I guess he must have an affinity for Star Trek and past Trek actors. Most of his past shows starred ex-Trek actors such as Jerri Ryan. Plus his current show Boston Legal is chalk full of ex-Trek actors and guest stars. Thanx for the heads my friend.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Interesting bit of news- I haven't seen the original "Life on Mars" yet, must do so some time. Lets hope that this remake isn't another American "Red Dwarf"- I'd give it a try to see Colm Meany though. But why americans need to remake all these British shows is beyond me..... Are Americans really that unable to appreciate the original British versions of these shows? I have trouble believing that.....
                LOL, us Americans want it bigger and better. As I am sure you and most television and movie savvy people are aware of - There are very few original idea's left in Hollywood. Not only on television but look at all the re-makes of movies they do these days, which has really been going on for years now. But to be fair the British have ripped off plenty of American shows and movies themselves. America and Britain share a lot of the same likes and dislikes when it comes to television. So to re-make an American or British version of said show usually works out for the best. I just read an article on Yahoo a couple of weeks ago that talked about how Hollywood is bringing a lot of British actors over to star in new and old television shows and movies, while Britain is doing the same with American actors.

I have seen an episode or two of the original Life on Mars via the BBC America channel, It has a pretty cool premise. I noticed that BBC America is going to start showing Torchwood in September on supernatural Saturday Night's. Have you or any one else seen Torchwood before?. And other than a spin-off of Doctor Who (which I enjoy) - what is it about?.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Torchwood is about this agency called Torchwood 3, located in Cardiff, Wales, who specialize in supernatural investigations. There's this thing called "The Rift" right where the Torchwood facility is, and all sorts of stuff comes in and out of it.

The series starts when when a Cardiff police officer named Gwen Cooper accidently overhears a conversation by some of the members of Torchwood during an investigation, and becomes curious. She gets herself involved too much and becomes part of the team. From there, the series goes on.

It's much more 'adult' than Doctor Who and wasn't exactly made for American TV, so I don't know how much they will cut out when they start to show it here.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    .It's much more 'adult' than Doctor Who and wasn't exactly made for American TV, so I don't know how much they will cut out when they start to show it here.
                    Thanx for the nicely detailed explanation Xicer. From the short spoilers clips they have shown on BBC America it looks a bit more scarier than Doctor Who.

Have you seen any episodes? if so, is it any good?.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Well a few friends I know have taped every episode and let me borrow them a while ago, so I've seen all of S1. It's a bit shaky in beginning (namely the first two episodes) but after that it starts to get good. The characters being to grow on you as time goes by and there's some pretty sufficient development for all of them. It's definitely not something you wanna watch with your kids though. It's kinda like CSI + X-Files. I'd say it's worth checking out.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

ok I volunteer to join Krisz and watch the workouts - although the last time I was In san fransisco I saw this totally gorgeous guy... whose gate swung the other way... talk about disappointing. (ok it was '78... looooooooooong time ago!) I love to watch handsome men sweat, it is a spectator sport I swear.

Thanks for the background on Blood Oath, Defiant - I don't know where you scare this info up but it is fascinating. I can't quite accept William Campbell as a totally blood-thirsty Klingon. He will always be more Trelane to me - obviously a rip-off of Liberace even to the ruffles and lace!

I honestly can't say i have been a fan of recycled tv shows... dr who is simply worse than the original (which I thought was terrible) and does not capture my interest at all. I am not a big fan of the BSG remake either. I wish the entertainment industry would fire everyone and hire all new people with good ideas. BUT i doubt that will ever happen.

P.S. Besides the new Dr. Who is a Death Eater... evil evil!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Rac80; 16 August 2007, 01:20 PM. Reason: smart quip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          Thanks for the background on Blood Oath, Defiant - I don't know where you scare this info up but it is fascinating. I can't quite accept William Campbell as a totally blood-thirsty Klingon. He will always be more Trelane to me - obviously a rip-off of Liberace even to the ruffles and lace!
                          Defiant and Fifth Race each have an incredible collection of Trek memoribilia including these very cool DS9 and TNG Director's Handbook where each episode is broken down with inside and background information about the production of that particular episode. Some of this information can be found online, but a lot of it cannot. Except for now, because this thread is getting some buzz on google.
                          Originally posted by Rac80
                          I honestly can't say i have been a fan of recycled tv shows... dr who is simply worse than the original (which I thought was terrible) and does not capture my interest at all. I am not a big fan of the BSG remake either. I wish the entertainment industry would fire everyone and hire all new people with good ideas. BUT i doubt that will ever happen.
                          LOL, I'm with you there on Dr. Who lady Rac. I do like some of the episodes, but most of them are to cheesy for my taste. Some compare Dr. Who to Farscape as far as cheese fastor goes, but IMHO Farscape was way more interesting and just a better show over-all.

As far as the new BSG goes. - I loved the mini-series they made in 2003 where they showed destruction of Caprica and then the escape. The first 2 seasons after that were rather montonous, I did enjoy season III. Hopefully season IV will be as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            Defiant and Fifth Race each have an incredible collection of Trek memoribilia including these very cool DS9 and TNG Director's Handbook where each episode is broken down with inside and background information about the production of that particular episode. Some of this information can be found online, but a lot of it cannot. Except for now, because this thread is getting some buzz on google.
                            LOL, I'm with you there on Dr. Who lady Rac. I do like some of the episodes, but most of them are to cheesy for my taste. Some compare Dr. Who to Farscape as far as cheese fastor goes, but IMHO Farscape was way more interesting and just a better show over-all.

As far as the new BSG goes. - I loved the mini-series they made in 2003 where they showed destruction of Caprica and then the escape. The first 2 seasons after that were rather montonous, I did enjoy season III. Hopefully season IV will be as good.
                            I just hope BSG gets rid of the soap-opera plotlines. all the angst drives me nuts! I was a fan of the original BSG and am not a fan of the "darker" version. I don't mind "darker", but the new BSG is a cesspit!

Sooo our thread is buzzing on google? is it a legal buzz? I say it is and we are too cool for it to not continue getting buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Torchwood is about this agency called Torchwood 3, located in Cardiff, Wales, who specialize in supernatural investigations. There's this thing called "The Rift" right where the Torchwood facility is, and all sorts of stuff comes in and out of it.
                              Sound's interesting, hopefully it will be better and more adult than Dr. Who. I will definetly give it a try in September when it premieres on BBC America.
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

I gather the obscure background and inside information from a combination of the internet and my trusty Trek Director Hanbook's and my collection of every imaginable Star Trek magazine that has been published in the past. It really is a lot of work to put together, but it's a true labor of love, plus the appreciation I get from you and other DS9 Brethren makes it all worth while.
                                Originally posted by Rac80
                                I honestly can't say i have been a fan of recycled tv shows... dr who is simply worse than the original (which I thought was terrible) and does not capture my interest at all. I am not a big fan of the BSG remake either.
                                Dr. Who is IMHO one very silly and rather cheeky show, as the British might say. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not yet. Some episodes are very intriguing while others I can hardly watch. I hope Torchwood is better.
                                I just hope BSG gets rid of the soap-opera plotlines. all the angst drives me nuts! I was a fan of the original BSG and am not a fan of the "darker" version. I don't mind "darker", but the new BSG is a cesspit!
                                I also like darker, especially with scifi, but I hear you loud and clear about the new BSG. For as good as the writing is (Ronald D Moore is outstanding) some of the episodes are the cure for insomnia. I agree with brother Stabase - The mini-series and season 3 were excellent and everything I have read about season 4 sounds good. This might be one of the shows that is best enjoyed on DVD, so you can watch as much or as little as you want in one sitting.
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X