Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    The next episode A Simple Investigation is a rather interesting episode. It is one of those hit and miss episodes, some people loved it, some people hated it, personally I thought it was excellent.
    It was a miss with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Wow! Had no idea there's be a wider story! Can't wait to see where this genetic enhancements issue goes! Presumabley there are some....aspiring Khans out there.
      The group of "other's" that brother Fifth so vaguely alluded to, are, let's say, controlled by Starfleet. They have a few dedicated episodes, while Bashir occasionally flaunts his now out in the open genetic enhancements.

Bashirs genetic superiority sets up not only the "other's" storyline but it also sets up the whole section 31 storyline as well.
      The USS Defiant Rocks!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        The group of "other's" that brother Fifth so vaguely alluded to, are, let's say, controlled by Starfleet. They have a few dedicated episodes, while Bashir occasionally flaunts his now out in the open genetic enhancements.

Bashirs genetic superiority sets up not only the "other's" storyline but it also sets up the whole section 31 storyline as well.
        Really? Wow, this just sounds like it's going to get better and better!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Really? Wow, this just sounds like it's going to get better and better!
          Absolutely, Dr. Bashir's additional face time makes for some great storylines in season 6 and season 7 especially involving his genetic enhancements.

Did you watch A Simple Investigation Trek_Girl, if you did what do you think?.
          The USS Defiant Rocks!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I can't really remember A Simple Investigation as I don't have my DS9 videos with me at uni but I think I remember it enough to say that is was mediocre. Not great, I would say it could stretch to intriguing for the first time viewer.
            Spoiler:
            So many colours. All the pretty horses.
            What's he talking about?
            I gave him some morphine for the pain. I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.
            Excuse me. Why am I lying here?
            You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.
            Oh. Well, that sounds painful. Gluteus maximus. Glootus...maaxim ...Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!
            Aye.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
              Absolutely, Dr. Bashir's additional face time makes for some great storylines in season 6 and season 7 especially involving his genetic enhancements.

Did you watch A Simple Investigation Trek_Girl, if you did what do you think?.
              I'd have to agree with Micropot and say that it was Mediocre- wasn't bad, just not as captivating as DS9 has become, expecially in the last two seasons. I'm not a fan of single episode love interests either- but it was still good for developing Odo's character.

Comment

Hey brother Fifth, you mentioned awhile back you had dug an interesting article discussing Ronald D. Moore and the similarities between DS9 and BSG.

I have recently catching up on this current season of BSG and I am starting to see some suttle and profound similarities between the two series. So if you still have it I would be interested in reading it, thank's.

Comment

Anyone remeber what doctor bashir i assume was about?
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                    Anyone remeber what doctor bashir i assume was about?
                    Ask and you shall recieve......

Episode 16 of DS9 season V

Doctor Bashir, I Presume?
                    Bashir is chosen as the model for the new version of Starfleet's holographic doctor program. Bashir is informed of the project by Doctor Lewis Zimmerman, the scientist in charge. As part of the process, Zimmerman must learn everything he can about Bashir, from childhood quirks to his interpersonal relationships, a procedure that includes interviews with Bashir's family, friends and co-workers. Uncomfortable with this, Bashir requests that Zimmerman refrain from speaking with his parents.

Zimmerman begins the task of interviewing the crew, taking note of all of their feelings, good and bad, about Bashir. The next day, Bashir is horrified when two unexpected visitors arrive — his parents.

Bashir is clearly uncomfortable with his mother and father, and clearly upset when they tell him they have come in response to Zimmerman's request. Later, Bashir attempts to prepare his parents for their interview, especially concerned that they keep a certain childhood secret — one that, if revealed, could destroy his career.

Bashir's parents later tell their son that they won't divulge the fact that he was genetically enhanced as a child — not realizing they are talking to his holographic version while O'Brien and Zimmerman witness the exchange. Since genetic engineering is illegal, Zimmerman's pending report could cause Bashir to be immediately expelled from Starfleet once the truth comes out. Because of this, Bashir sees no alternative other than to resign before that report is filed.

Angry and defeated, Bashir confronts his parents and tells them his intentions. But when he goes to Sisko, Bashir finds that a solution has already been worked out with Starfleet. His father, Richard, will spend two years in a minimum security prison, in return for letting his son retain his Starfleet commission. Bashir reluctantly but gratefully accepts his father's sacrifice and bids his parents farewell, saddened by the turn of events, but happy that he and his father may be rewarded with a stronger relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved this episode!, we get Robert Picardo playing the Real Dr. Zimmerman which he played brilliantly!. He was horny, flirtatious, devious, surly and annoying all in one great episode, nothing like his hologram counterpart although you do see some similarities between the two.

We meet Julian's parents whom he is rather ashamed of and most importantly he learn that Julian has been genetically enhanced and lied about it on his Starfleet pledge he made when he joined.

Another truly great DS9 episode.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      Hey brother Fifth, you mentioned awhile back you had dug an interesting article discussing Ronald D. Moore and the similarities between DS9 and BSG.

I have recently catching up on this current season of BSG and I am starting to see some suttle and profound similarities between the two series. So if you still have it I would be interested in reading it, thank's.
                      I do have it downloaded on my home PC, I will post it up for you amigo when I get home from work. It is quite an interesting read, like the article on the similarities I posted earlier between DS9 and BSG I agree with some of it but not all of it.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                        Ask and you shall recieve......

Episode 16 of DS9 season V

Doctor Bashir, I Presume?
                        Bashir is chosen as the model for the new version of Starfleet's holographic doctor program. Bashir is informed of the project by Doctor Lewis Zimmerman, the scientist in charge. As part of the process, Zimmerman must learn everything he can about Bashir, from childhood quirks to his interpersonal relationships, a procedure that includes interviews with Bashir's family, friends and co-workers. Uncomfortable with this, Bashir requests that Zimmerman refrain from speaking with his parents.

Zimmerman begins the task of interviewing the crew, taking note of all of their feelings, good and bad, about Bashir. The next day, Bashir is horrified when two unexpected visitors arrive — his parents.

Bashir is clearly uncomfortable with his mother and father, and clearly upset when they tell him they have come in response to Zimmerman's request. Later, Bashir attempts to prepare his parents for their interview, especially concerned that they keep a certain childhood secret — one that, if revealed, could destroy his career.

Bashir's parents later tell their son that they won't divulge the fact that he was genetically enhanced as a child — not realizing they are talking to his holographic version while O'Brien and Zimmerman witness the exchange. Since genetic engineering is illegal, Zimmerman's pending report could cause Bashir to be immediately expelled from Starfleet once the truth comes out. Because of this, Bashir sees no alternative other than to resign before that report is filed.

Angry and defeated, Bashir confronts his parents and tells them his intentions. But when he goes to Sisko, Bashir finds that a solution has already been worked out with Starfleet. His father, Richard, will spend two years in a minimum security prison, in return for letting his son retain his Starfleet commission. Bashir reluctantly but gratefully accepts his father's sacrifice and bids his parents farewell, saddened by the turn of events, but happy that he and his father may be rewarded with a stronger relationship.
                        I liked this episode, you get to have a Trek crossover of sorts and that it develops Bashir and his relationship with the others on the station because of his genetic engineering. I also like it as it opens up new storylines and arcs as well as Bashir acting as a protable calculator in certain episodes
                        Spoiler:
                        What's he talking about?
                        I gave him some morphine for the pain. I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.
                        Oh. Well, that sounds painful. Gluteus maximus. Glootus...maaxim ...Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!
                        Aye.

Comment

DS9 is the best Star Trek show.

/that's all I had to say.
                          We're whalers on the moon,
                          We carry a harpoon.
                          But there ain't no whales
                          So we tell tall tales
                          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Oka View Post

agreeed
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oka View Post

Too right
                              Spoiler:
                              What's he talking about?
                              Aye.

Comment

yeah they need to start putting more than 1 episode each day on tv. we need more
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X