Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    So far I have seen the first 10 episodes of DS9 and im no that impressed, i prefer TNG and VOY.

However I am willing to stick it out till the end.

Trust me its worth it,

I know its hard to stick with a new show that you think hasn't started well but DS9 is like a snowball that gathers huge momentum the further it goes. Also for me anyway the more I watched DS9 the harder it became to watch Voyager.
    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
      Trust me its worth it,

I know its hard to stick with a new show that you think hasn't started well but DS9 is like a snowball that gathers huge momentum the further it goes. Also for me anyway the more I watched DS9 the harder it became to watch Voyager.
      A lot of that is because they are different than night and day. Its hard to compare DS9 and Voyager because they are so different. I found Voyager to be like TNG both in its sucesses and flaws.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Indeed!. Riker is tough as nail's but mostly a big teddy bear while Kirk is spastic and a loose gun.

I love your Kira as the Cardassian Iliana Ghemor avatar Iffy.
        Kirk is spastic. There was once someone dressed at him at a con where I worked. It was a bit freaky having Kirk in the bar.

and thanks about the avatar.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        Riker's also much hotter than Kirk.
        A thunker at heart
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post

A thunker at heart

I'm sorry if its a stupid question but whats a thunker? (ive heard it a couple of times before but have no idea what it means)
          LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
          Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,

Comment

I'm sorry if its a stupid question but whats a thunker? (ive heard it a couple of times before but have no idea what it means)
            From the GateWorld FAQ (frequently asked questions) link.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              From the GateWorld FAQ (frequently asked questions) link.
              Thank you Cold Fuzz

'Thunk - The sound made when one hits the ground due to a superb male/female specimen'

Ah that makes more sense now

Comment

Now, do you know what a 'whumper' is?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  A person who like a thunked getting scrapped and brusised
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you Cold Fuzz

'Thunk - The sound made when one hits the ground due to a superb male/female specimen'

You're welcome.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post

whump
                    A fandom term, commonly used by fan fiction authors (particularly in the Stargate genre) to describe physical and/or mental abuse laid on a character in a story.

Whumpage
                    Also known simply as whump. Describes a style of fic in which the plot or events focus on physical (or sometimes emotional) violence done to the lead character or characters. Whumpage overlaps with darkfic, but is not synonymous, as whumpage can focus on the character's endurance or survival as well as on suffering. Whumpage differs from H/C (Hurt/Comfort) in that the "comfort" side of the dynamic is rarely present. The term may also be used to describe a story element in a fanfic that is not otherwise specifically focused on violence and suffering.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Cold Fuzz

Someone needs to do more thunking.
                      sigpic

Comment

Someone needs to do more thunking.
                        All I need is a picture of Julie McNiven (Ginn) and I'm good to go with some red-headed thunkage—my favorite kind.
                        sigpic

Comment

You also got some redhead whumpage with her, too.

I know whumpers, Fuzzy. They're a cute lot, until they start talking about the injuries their 'favourite' characters experienced and how they want to nurse the characters them back to health... o.O
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I was watching the Rapture the other day, when it dawned on me. I really hate Kai Winn, there's no empathy, sympathy at all. Really I rather despise the character, but she is so fun to hate. Her and her politics and religion.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was watching the Rapture the other day, when it dawned on me. I really hate Kai Winn, there's no empathy, sympathy at all. Really I rather despise the character, but she is so fun to hate. Her and her politics and religion.
                              Indeed Iffy. DS9 is chalk full of brilliant characters that are easy to loathe, including some truly evil ones - but for my money Winn Adami is tops on that list, especially after she turned her back on Bajor by being in cahoots with the Pai Wraiths.

She always had her self-interests ahead of everything else while not caring who she squashed on the way. The give and take between her and Kira are some of the best scenes in the entire series. Matching her up with Dukat towards the end of the series was a stroke of genius.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thats the point of her character. Showing false empathy behind religion when its all about power. Something we have seen before in some of the Earth's religions
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X