Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
    I gotta say, I haven't touched DS9 in quite a while. As a kid, I watched the episodes as they aired. After an SG-rewatch, I decided to pull out DS9. Just started on the first season, but I'm continually amazed and impressed by the production values this show had. Sure, some of the effects are amateur by today's standards, and you occasionally see a hair or something on the camera during the space scenes for some reasons (seriously), but overall just the sets, the feel, the depth they put into the show is quite remarkable. I'm catching things I never caught before simply because I'm a bit more experienced. It's amazing how you notice a lot of things when you add on years worth of life experience.

DS9 is quite fetching. I really miss television Star Trek. And though such a reality is nowhere in sight, I hope one day they bring it back for a new generation.
    Very well said 6th Race! DS9 is IMO one of those scifi shows that in 100 years from now will still be ground-breaking and highly entertaining. I watched DS9 during it's original airing, and I even collected every episode on VHS, but I went almost 4 years without watching a single episode until I bought the entire DS9 collection on DVD (circa 2004). After years of not watching it and being a little older, I also found a whole new appreciation for just how good it truly is.

As far anything new from Star Trek on television, I have a theory - They have 2 more new Trek movies planned over the next 3-4 years (with the current group of characters from the ST: XI). If the other 2 movies are as popular as the ST: XI was, Paramount will green-light a new television show. We will have to wait a little while, but not to long.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Possibly, but I would have liked to see the resolution of the Drakh plague. (Sorry OT!)
      For some reason Gallen was the only person i wanted to see more of.

Comment

Galen and Gideon were the only important people on the crew. A wrap up of the storyline featuring just the two of them would have been perfect.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          I gotta say, I haven't touched DS9 in quite a while. As a kid, I watched the episodes as they aired. After an SG-rewatch, I decided to pull out DS9. Just started on the first season, but I'm continually amazed and impressed by the production values this show had. Sure, some of the effects are amateur by today's standards, and you occasionally see a hair or something on the camera during the space scenes for some reasons (seriously), but overall just the sets, the feel, the depth they put into the show is quite remarkable. I'm catching things I never caught before simply because I'm a bit more experienced. It's amazing how you notice a lot of things when you add on years worth of life experience.
          That's is truly great to hear 6thRace. One of the main reasons I started thread was to get newbies or people like yourself (who might have watched DS9 in the past but never gave the show a real look) to discover or revisit DS9. It is truly a superior show.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
            As far anything new from Star Trek on television, I have a theory - They have 2 more new Trek movies planned over the next 3-4 years (with the current group of characters from the ST: XI). If the other 2 movies are as popular as the ST: XI was, Paramount will green-light a new television show. We will have to wait a little while, but not to long.
            Interesting thought brother USS Defiant. It sounds a lot like what I have stated a few different times over the years. In a lot of ways I am rooting for the next 2 Trek movies (I have little doubt they will be hugely popular like the ST: XI) because it might lead to a new television show. I just hope and pray it will be set in a future time-line (post 24th century).
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

So far I have seen the first 10 episodes of DS9 and im no that impressed, i prefer TNG and VOY.

However I am willing to stick it out till the end.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                So far I have seen the first 10 episodes of DS9 and im no that impressed, i prefer TNG and VOY.

However I am willing to stick it out till the end.
                You can appreciate this. The first season of DS9 is like the first season of TNG. Quite poor.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, all of the Treks with the possible exception of Enterprise start slow, but even ENT gets better. It's a feature of shows with some character development, we have to get to know the characters first and then their exaggerated edges get smoothed out. The same can be said for B5 and SG-1 for that matter.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Yeah, all of the Treks with the possible exception of Enterprise start slow, but even ENT gets better. It's a feature of shows with some character development, we have to get to know the characters first and then their exaggerated edges get smoothed out. The same can be said for B5 and SG-1 for that matter.
                    Well said maneth, I wholeheartedly agree.

DS9 is the type of show that you need to invest enough time to get to know the characters before jduging the series, especially in Season's I & II. The people that hang on long enough to get to the Dominion storyline (end of season II) are rewarded with 5 of the best scifi seasons of any show period! I have talked to quite a few people on this thread alone where once they got through the entire series, they look upon those first 2 seasons of DS9 with a lot more appreciation.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I just got DS9's 4th Season Box Set. It's the first DVD's I've ever gotten for a series. (These look kewl)

I didn't get them to watch over and over again. I'm just not that kinda person.
                      I got them to study the Defiant to make plans and the quality is quite good.

Comment

I know I haven't been in here much for a while now. But just the same, I like our little cult so I'm popping in for my 10,000th post
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I know I haven't been in here much for a while now. But just the same, I like our little cult so I'm popping in for my 10,000th post
                          Congratulations. I had a feeling you would be popping in here for post 10,000 so I kept checking this thread.

In a few weeks, I'll likely be coming here to do the same thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            LOL to kewl brother Digi. Hey no matter where you may roam, the superior thread will always be a welcoming home for you and all our brethren.
                            Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            Congratulations. I had a feeling you would be popping in here for post 10,000 so I kept checking this thread. In a few weeks, I'll likely be coming here to do the same thing.
                            You better brother Fuzz You have posted here with a few different post count achievements. I love it!

I watched the first 3 episodes of AMC's season 1 zombie show The Walking Dead. Interesting and very graphic, yet not gratutitous. I kind of like it. It's no Dawn of the Dead, but it's pretty darn close. There always seems to be some kind of evil redneck southern dude in every one of these zombie flicks. LOL
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              I just got DS9's 4th Season Box Set. It's the first DVD's I've ever gotten for a series. (These look kewl)
                              I got them to study the Defiant to make plans and the quality is quite good.
                              The DS9 DVD black Box Set's are very sweet, one of the best looking and designed. Make sure you check out the "Special Features" stuff (each disc has a few hidden ones)

Other than The Muse and Bar Association (which I kind of like), there are no what I would consider bad episodes in DS9's season IV. You start out with The Way of the Warrior and The Visitor (both are brilliant) as the first two episodes of the season. There is also Little Green Men - Homefront - The Sword of Kahless - Paradise Lost - Accession - Hard Time - Shattered Mirror - The Quickening - just to name a few.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                                The DS9 DVD black Box Set's are very sweet, one of the best looking and designed. Make sure you check out the "Special Features" stuff (each disc has a few hidden ones)

Other than The Muse and Bar Association (which I kind of like), there are no what I would consider bad episodes in DS9's season IV. You start out with The Way of the Warrior and The Visitor (both are brilliant) as the first two episodes of the season. There is also Little Green Men - Homefront - The Sword of Kahless - Paradise Lost - Accession - Hard Time - Shattered Mirror - The Quickening - just to name a few.
                                I always liked the Section 31 Secret Files. I agree with most of your list except of the Sword of Kahlass. Too much of a generic Klingion story and too predictible
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X