No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to start a DS9 re-watch cannot wait , i think it'll be like my 4th run through of DS9?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I'll probably be doing one again soon, the local library has all the seasons.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

It's the only star trek series i don't like (except some episodes like the visitor or children of time).

Comment

Interesting choices because those are two of the most depressing episodes, though I still like them.
          sigpic

Comment

I really like DS9 they really give you so much with cast development I'm a huge Dax fan Terry Farrell is so beautiful. And I really enjoyed the dominion war. I will say Kira can get on my nerves sometimes as her hate for Cardassians annoyed me in the first season of course it was just ! but eventually I learned to like her and odo. And Colm Meaney is a great actor also it's probably my second favourite series after Next Gen
            Last edited by Kenton-Atlantis; 26 April 2015, 01:33 PM.
            sigpic
            Kenton Canada

Comment

Hi all. I started this thread awhile back and realized I was not alone in my love for DS9. I certainly love all the Trek series (even ENT lol). But to this day DS9 was and still is the superior show. I re-watch all of the various series every week and still never get tired of doing an entire DS9 series re-watch.

I recognize a few friends and names from the last time I was on GateWorld. Please say hello and I will try to get back here more often. DS9 forever.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hey Fifth!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm now onto my re-watch of season four. 'Little Green Men' is one of the few Ferengi episodes I like. And 'Our Man Bashir' is one of my most favourite episodes in general.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    Hi all. I started this thread awhile back and realized I was not alone in my love for DS9. I certainly love all the Trek series (even ENT lol). But to this day DS9 was and still is the superior show. I re-watch all of the various series every week and still never get tired of doing an entire DS9 series re-watch.

I recognize a few friends and names from the last time I was on GateWorld. Please say hello and I will try to get back here more often. DS9 forever.
                    Hi Fifth Race, I haven't been on the superior thread for an age either. Good to see you back and reminds me that another DS9 rewatch is overdue! Be great to try my hand at one of your wonderful quizzes again, that wooden spoon will always be mine!!!

Comment

And I will always be the best. Except for that time Fifth asked about DS9 being compared to a bicycle wheel
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey Fifth

I just started the 3rd season of DS9 about a week ago
                        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 May 2015, 10:36 PM.
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Wait till you get to the fifth season and on it gets great !! I know the first 4 season are good but the show goes to another level
                          sigpic
                          Kenton Canada

Comment

It really does. Season 3 it starts to pick up for previous seasons which had more fluff episodes and starts to take the darker turn which the rest of the series has.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              Hi all. I started this thread awhile back and realized I was not alone in my love for DS9. I certainly love all the Trek series (even ENT lol). But to this day DS9 was and still is the superior show.
                              I love DS9 as well and I find the way the writers embrace the darker aspects of the Federation extraordinarily interesting, like the episode when Sisko poisons that Maqui planets atmosphere. However, Avery Brooks is very awkward and unnerving on camera (the way he stares at people/the camera is just plain creepy and off putting and I dare you to say otherwise). Also the first seasons writing sucked and the other Star Trek shows were far more consistent overall.

Comment

I love Brooks as Sisko. I never found him creepy so I will say otherwise. Its hard to argue S1 was poor but it'd hard to sat the other series were more consistent as most of the Trek's S1 were bad.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X