No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread needs refreshments..... We're getting really familiar so somebody get a cask of blood wine and let's stay up all night and test our strength.....

Comment

Well said kmiller. There's nothing like sharing a vat of blood wine and a headbutting session. Followed by tales of dead warriors who fell with honour. *hic*
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        Well said kmiller. There's nothing like sharing a vat of blood wine and a headbutting session. Followed by tales of dead warriors who fell with honour. *hic*
        Hehe Sounds like fun! *passes out cold after second glass*

Comment

Ds9 defiantly had alot of great characters. Even the lower level characters like nog and rom were very interesting. The next generation had a great cast as well but probably only half of the great characters ds9 had.

How can you not love cisco, worf, gul dukat, kira, dax, constable, and of course quirk

Comment

Originally posted by APOPHIStheGREAT View Post
            Ds9 defiantly had alot of great characters. Even the lower level characters like nog and rom were very interesting. The next generation had a great cast as well but probably only half of the great characters ds9 had.

How can you not love cisco, worf, gul dukat, kira, dax, constable, and of course quirk
            Not a huge fan of Ferengi episodes- but loved Rom in today's episode, "Bar Association" Great ep! Loved seeing Quark get what was coming to him.

Comment

I'll bring the my collection of Klingon opera's and we will toast Kailess.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by APOPHIStheGREAT View Post

Well said ApophistheGreat, I love DS9 for a lot of reasons but the characters (including the minor ones) are my #1 reason. The way the series was written brought most characters to life better than any other scifi series (Trek or not) was ever able to do. From the back stories to the great actors they hired made it something very special that will hold up forever. The more time I re-watch all the seasons over and over the more I learn and appreciate just how good DS9 is!.

If you would Apophisthe Great, list your top 5 or or top 10 characters from the show with maybe a brief explanation why. Most all the regulars on this wonderful thread have done so in the past, it gives us all a better feel for how someone viewed the show, thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  Well said ApophistheGreat, I love DS9 for a lot of reasons but the characters (including the minor ones) are my #1 reason. The way the series was written brought most characters to life better than any other scifi series (Trek or not) was ever able to do. From the back stories to the great actors they hired made it something very special that will hold up forever. The more time I re-watch all the seasons over and over the more I learn and appreciate just how good DS9 is!.
                  Nice summarization brother Base, although I agree with everything you say, but I put the storyline as #1 reason for loving DS9, the characters are a very close second. The writing of the back stories, whether it was for a particular character or a particular race or species was so well done on DS9, it really made you have an understanding of not only the character or race but enhanced the overall storyline. DS9 did this better than any other series, which made you understand and feel for the characters a lot more.

I found the TNG parody theme song brother Base, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what song its parodying? I will post it up in a little bit and see if you or any of our other Trek brethren can figure it out.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Not a huge fan of Ferengi episodes- but loved Rom in today's episode, "Bar Association" Great ep! Loved seeing Quark get what was coming to him.
                    I think Quark got some great comedic lines. I didn't always like the Ferengi episodes, but they were usually good for a laugh - ie Little Green Men...

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
                      I think Quark got some great comedic lines. I didn't always like the Ferengi episodes, but they were usually good for a laugh - ie Little Green Men...
                      I wasn't the biggest fan of Ishka (aka "Moogie"), Quarks and Roms mother. The Grand Nagus Zek also bugged me.

Quark, on the other hand, was brilliant, or should I say Armin Shimmerman was brilliant is his protrayal of Quark. That could not have been easy pulling off that character the way he did. I loved all the Quark dedicated episodes, some more than others. Even Rom and Nog grew on me in the later seasons.
                      The USS Defiant Rocks!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Sci-fi brain has done a comparison of BSG's Exodus Pt II and DS9's Sacrifice of Angels, what looks to be the first a series of "BSG and DS9 Brothers In Space" articles, anyway, I haven't read it, since I don't want to be spoiled for the DS9 episode, but I thought there would be a few interested parties here.

Just scroll down the page, and for frak's sake, beware of Exodus spoilers if you haven't seen the ep yet!!!

http://blogs.ign.com/Sci-Fi_Brain/

Comment

LOL TrekGirl. I nearly clicked on the link. I guess we're both stuck then. I haven't seen Exodus Pt II yet, or even season 2 for that matter.

Does the "BSG and DS9 Brothers In Space" articles mean that BSG and DS9 draw distinct parallels with each other? It doesn't surprise me, as they both share a common link in Ronald D. Moore.

Comment

LOL TrekGirl. I nearly clicked on the link. I guess we're both stuck then. I haven't seen Exodus Pt II yet, or even season 2 for that matter.

Does the "BSG and DS9 Brothers In Space" articles mean that BSG and DS9 draw distinct parallels with each other? It doesn't surprise me, as they both share a common link in Ronald D. Moore.
                            Exodus Pt II is brilliant, you really don't want it spoiled.

And yup, they did a bit more of a non-spoiler article awile back about that, talking about RDM's involvement in both shows, you can click on the link i supplied and just skim over the top article (it's a review of Exodus Pt. II) to the highest news section (no spoilers there) and there will be a link in green text at the bottom of that block titled "index", you can go in there and find the original Brothers in Space article, which I don't think is huge spoilery (it's from last June). It's mainly about comparing the different themes and characters in the shows.

Edit: oops, you haven't seen season two, best ignore the above then and don't read the article.

Comment

Ah well. I best not go there then.

It's really good to see former Trek producers and writers take what they've learned from Trek and go on to create new hit shows. Even Star Trek alumni are in great demand for all the current big-hit shows on air. It really says something about the quality of Star Trek in all its various guises.

It's about time we saw more of the DS9 cast in the top-rated shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Sci-fi brain has done a comparison of BSG's Exodus Pt II and DS9's Sacrifice of Angels, what looks to be the first a series of "BSG and DS9 Brothers In Space" articles, anyway, I haven't read it, since I don't want to be spoiled for the DS9 episode, but I thought there would be a few interested parties here.

Just scroll down the page, and for frak's sake, beware of Exodus spoilers if you haven't seen the ep yet!!!

http://blogs.ign.com/Sci-Fi_Brain/

Interesting read Lady Trek, thanx for posting it up. At times when I watch BSG I can see Moore's and some DS9 influence in certain parts. I am trying real hard to get into BSG, I like the show but I do not like the pacing they use to advance the storyline, it moves way to slow and the back tracking from previous episodes bugs me to no end. That being said it has gotten better compared to the first season and early parts of season II. I thought the last BSG episode they aired last week Exodus part II, was the best episode since the mini-series.

William Adama reminds me a lot of Sisko, they are both very likable yet flawed commanders that have a level of respect among there brethren that endears them and makes the people that serve under him so loyal. They both are not afraid to show emotion and use it when necessary.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X