Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    OUCH That is very painful. I hope you get it sorted out and get the full use of your hands back
    Carpal tunnel affects the wirsts not the hands.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Question of the day: Was it ever explained what a self sealing stembolt did?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Hello Brother Fifth Um notes about what? Oh about the Vorta? meh, I never cared for them much
        Bite that Vorta loving tongue of yours Lady Linda.
        Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Carpal tunnel affects the wirsts not the hands.
        It's true Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), or median neuropathy at the wrist, is a medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to paresthesias, numbness and muscle weakness in the hand. Trust me brother jelgate - As someone who had Carpal Tunnel on both my right and left side. It affects your hand strength and grip greatly. You will suddenly drop something out of your hand without any control. Also the pain you feel from Carpal tunnel hits you right in the palm of your hand, not your wrist (it feels like someone is sticking a heated ice pick in the middle of your hand). And omg can it be painful - it used to keep me up at night before I had it fixed.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Question of the day: Was it ever explained what a self sealing stembolt did?
          I don't really think it ever was brother SB. I mean the name itself is pretty self-explanatory - they are bolts that self seal themselves? I do know that as seen in the season I DS9 episode Progress - Chief O'Brien let it be known that even he had no idea what they were.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I know he had no clue, but I had hoped something somewhere would have said what they are. Easy enough to say stay they are stembolts that self seal, but what does a stembolt do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              I don't really think it ever was brother SB. I mean the name itself is pretty self-explanatory - they are bolts that self seal themselves? I do know that as seen in the season I DS9 episode Progress - Chief O'Brien let it be known that even he had no idea what they were.
              I always loved how "Self-Sealing Stem-Bolts" became a metaphor for anything that was useless. It was like the DS9 writers were poking fun at there own techno-babble. lolol

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I doubt he would be the last Weyoun clone. There is something about Weyoun that makes him a survivor. After Dukat.. you know what, I almost made a big error there, after Damar destroyed the cloning facility where the Weyoun's were created, I would have expected him to keep a fresh sample somewhere save or to have kept a sample back in the Gamma Quadrant.

I think Weyoun said "I could be the last Weyoun" after the facility was destroying, which to me shows there was a chance for another resurrection of sorts.

--

As for the Vorta being clones, I am aware they weren't originally clones but it's never been said that they are now anything other than a race of clones. I'd like to know if there are non clone Vorta, having baby Vorta. Oh god, just imagine it, the original Weyoun (we have no idea how long they live) showing up with Weyoun Jr.

I would disagree. She did seem to show an emotional attachment to Weyoun when he said "I wish I could give my life to save yours".
                If there's any attachment between the Founder Leader and Weyoun, it seemed more like he was her pet--a pet, by the way, that she was very willing to murder if he got too irritating:

"If our cloning facilities were operational, I would eliminate this Weyoun immediately."
                --The Founder Leader to Thot Pran in "Tacking into the Wind"

She didn't love him. Period. He was a disposable tool, as were the Jem'Hadar and the rest of the Vorta. She even ordered Weyoun have the Vorta doctors who were working on a cure to the Section 31 plague "eliminated," just so there could be a "new perspective."

The Founders simply don't have the respect for sentient life other than their own:

* Weyoun and the rest of the Dominion trivializing the deaths of 7 million Cardassians, when the Cardassians were supposed to be their partners against the Federation Alliance.
                * 800 million deaths on Cardassia at the end of the war.
                * The Teplan people suffering from the blight for 200 years
                * Willingness to destroy the entire Bajoran star system in "By Inferno's Light." This would have resulted in the deaths of billions of Bajorans, as well as thousands of humans, Klingons, and Romulans.

To me, there's no silver lining to the Dominion. If anything, they were responsible for far more destruction in the Alpha Quadrant than the Borg.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  I always loved how "Self-Sealing Stem-Bolts" became a metaphor for anything that was useless. It was like the DS9 writers were poking fun at there own techno-babble. lolol
                  LOL, indeed. I liked how in the DS9 finale What You Leave Behind, Miles makes the statement to Bashir while they are saying there goodbyes - "somebody has to teach you officers the difference between a warp matrix flux capacitor and a self-sealing stem bolt"
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    If there's any attachment between the Founder Leader and Weyoun, it seemed more like he was her pet--a pet, by the way, that she was very willing to murder if he got too irritating:
                    True, but she (Female Changeling) did show preference over some of the Weyoun's. I think if there is such a thing as Founder love, she showed it for that last Weyoun that Garak so appropriately killed.
                    Originally posted by Cold Fuzz
                    She didn't love him. Period. He was a disposable tool, as were the Jem'Hadar and the rest of the Vorta. She even ordered Weyoun have the Vorta doctors who were working on a cure to the Section 31 plague "eliminated," just so there could be a "new perspective."
                    Good point brother Fuzz. Wow that is cold.
                    Originally posted by Cold Fuzz
                    * Weyoun and the rest of the Dominion trivializing the deaths of 7 million Cardassians, when the Cardassians were supposed to be their partners against the Federation Alliance.
                    * 800 million deaths on Cardassia at the end of the war.
                    To me, there's no silver lining to the Dominion. If anything, they were responsible for far more destruction in the Alpha Quadrant than the Borg.
                    Yikes, that's brutal that they killed that many Cardassian's. I have little doubt the Founders and the Dominion would have destroyed and killed every living solid (not including the Vorta or the Jem'Hadar) in the Alpha Quadrant.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

True, but she (Female Changeling) did show preference over some of the Weyoun's. I think if there is such a thing as Founder love, she showed it for that last Weyoun that Garak so appropriately killed.
                      Good point brother Fuzz. Wow that is cold.
                      Yikes, that's brutal that they killed that many Cardassian's. I have little doubt the Founders and the Dominion would have destroyed and killed every living solid (not including the Vorta or the Jem'Hadar) in the Alpha Quadrant.
                      Yeah, she was cold. One of the very few times I remember seeing the Founder Leader actually smile was when the treaty with the Breen was formalized. I believe she said about the Federation, "Together, we'll wipe them from the face of the galaxy."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Yeah, she was cold. One of the very few times I remember seeing the Founder Leader actually smile was when the treaty with the Breen was formalized. I believe she said about the Federation, "Together, we'll wipe them from the face of the galaxy."
                        LOL, you got a great Trek memory brother Fuzz. I think the Female Changeling was smiling because she was thinking in the back of her liquid head - 'you're next Breen'
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Bite that Vorta loving tongue of yours Lady Linda. It's true Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), or median neuropathy at the wrist, is a medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to paresthesias, numbness and muscle weakness in the hand. Trust me brother jelgate - As someone who had Carpal Tunnel on both my right and left side. It affects your hand strength and grip greatly. You will suddenly drop something out of your hand without any control. Also the pain you feel from Carpal tunnel hits you right in the palm of your hand, not your wrist (it feels like someone is sticking a heated ice pick in the middle of your hand). And omg can it be painful - it used to keep me up at night before I had it fixed.
                          First of all did you copy that from Wikipedia?

Second of all I aware of the pain that it causes the hands but that pain is due to the nerve damange on the wrist

The Founders aren't that cruel. They like servants. The Founders commit genocide when they rebel. So as long as the Alpha Quadrant Solids obeyed the Dominion would let them live. Although I would like to see a Dominion-Breen War. You know that would have happened if the Dominion won the first war.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            The Founders aren't that cruel. They like servants. The Founders commit genocide when they rebel. So as long as the Alpha Quadrant Solids obeyed the Dominion would let them live. Although I would like to see a Dominion-Breen War. You know that would have happened if the Dominion won the first war.
                            I respectfully disagree my friend. The Founders were going to let the Vorta and Jem'Hadar rule everything while killing every other solid race one by one. I think you underestimate there cruelty and utter lack of compassion for all solids. They are scared of us, and the only way they can make themselves feel safe is too "rid the Galaxy of all solid's" to quote the Female Changeling.

IMHO a Dominion vs Anyone War would be dominated bu the Dominion, especially if they had access to there Gamma Quadrant brethren. The Dominion were by far the biggest threat the Alpha Quadrant ever faced.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Have to agree with Fifth on this one.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Founders were going to let the Vorta and Jem'Hadar rule everything while killing every other solid race one by one. I think you underestimate there cruelty and utter lack of compassion for all solids. They are scared of us, and the only way they can make themselves feel safe is too "rid the Galaxy of all solid's" to quote the Female Changeling.
                                Great point brother Fifth - The Founders did act scared of us and IMO that is the main reason why they wanted us wiped out as opposed to enslaving us. We do know that they weren't exactly treated very well by the solid races that encountered the Changelings - It was those dealings with solids that created that burning hatred they had
                                Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                                IMHO a Dominion vs Anyone War would be dominated by the Dominion, especially if they had access to there Gamma Quadrant brethren. The Dominion were by far the biggest threat the Alpha Quadrant ever faced.
                                I completely agree with you there. If the Gamma Quadrant Dominion Fleet weren't blocked by the Prophets from entering the Alpha Quadrant via the Celestial Temple - they would have run rough-shod over all the Alpha Quadrant races, and probably wouldn't have needed to use any allies what so ever. Even a Federation alliance would have most likely have been crushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X