Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I use this analogy. JJ Abrams did to Star Trek what Micheal Bay did to Transformers
    Both movies were....almost there...on foiled by crudeness the other terrifically awful antagonist.

Comment

Hello superior thread friends. I was just reading some Star Trek headlines and was saddened to see that "Actor Bernard Kates, who portrayed Sigmund Freud in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Phantasms", passed away on 2 February 2010 from pneumonia and sepsis. He was 87 years old." Also "Bill Wistrom, the supervising sound editor for all four Star Trek spin-offs, has died. The six-time Emmy Award-winning sound editor died yesterday, according to the Motion Picture Sound Editors, of which he was a member. He was 74 years old."

As being a big fan of old school sci-fi shows like The Outer Limits and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, I remember Bernard Kates from his appearences in a couple episodes from each of those classic shows. He was a great character actor especially as Sigmund Freud in the very good TNG episode Phantasms.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Alright my fellow DS9 brethren. I just put the finishing touches on Star Trek Quiz #24 (NOT Quiz #23, I recounted) LOL. There are 59 questions (I wanted to have an even 60 but I ran out of space on the post page so I had to settle for 59).

The Quiz will be posted 2 weeks from today (Monday April 5). I will leave it live for 4 days and then post the results (Friday April 9). Again I am very proud of of this one (a ton of work went into it). It has something for everyone I'm sure.
        Outstanding brother Fifth Race. I have never missed one of your legendary quizzes, I will be here with bells on. Look's I have a good excuse to watch some Star Trek during my week off next week. It would be nice to get back my "ringer status". lol My quizzes have been hit and miss. I was looking at my past results and I managed to hit the "Honorable Mentions" list 6 different times.

Comment

Alright my fellow DS9 brethren. I just put the finishing touches on Star Trek Quiz #24 (NOT Quiz #23, I recounted) LOL. There are 59 questions (I wanted to have an even 60 but I ran out of space on the post page so I had to settle for 59).

The Quiz will be posted 2 weeks from today (Monday April 5). I will leave it live for 4 days and then post the results (Friday April 9). Again I am very proud of of this one (a ton of work went into it). It has something for everyone I'm sure.
          So there's a chance I might actually get some right answers then?

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Awesomeness. Definitely looking forward to taking this one. And it helps that Accession is one of my favorite DS9 episodes and Kira is one of my favorite characters.
          ........Um.......Would it surprise anybody If I said I was drawing a blank?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            ........Um.......Would it surprise anybody If I said I was drawing a blank?
            It's the episode that has an old Emissary coming through the wormhole 300 years after he was declared lost, and Sisko giving up his role as the Emissary. Brilliant episode from what I remember.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              It's the episode that has an old Emissary coming through the wormhole 300 years after he was declared lost, and Sisko giving up his role as the Emissary. Brilliant episode from what I remember.
              Actually Akorem Laan (the false Emissary) came from 200 year's in the past. Remember that because it might just turn up on the Quiz. Whoops, did I just give something away?.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Actually Akorem Laan (the false Emissary) came from 200 year's in the past. Remember that because it might just turn up on the Quiz. Whoops, did I just give something away?.
                Your usually not that picky with numbers
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought it was 300, this quiz will be fun if small details like that are being forgotten by me.

sigpic

Comment

*facepalm* Now I remember Poor Kira had to try her hand at.....Art I think it was. Man she was bad

200 huh....*writes down*
                    sigpic

Comment

Your usually not that picky with numbers
                      LOL indeed I am not brother jelgate. Otherwise the questions would become way to tedious. I manage to come up with plenty of ringer questions without having to resort to number guessing.
                      I thought it was 300, this quiz will be fun if small details like that are being forgotten by me.
                      I just re-watched Accession 2 nights ago with note-pad in hand. I took note that it was 200 years. But alas, I usually don't play number games on my quizzes (occasionally a numbers question will make my quizzes), and that particular question did not make this quiz.
                      Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Poor Kira had to try her hand at.....Art I think it was. Man she was bad
                      Now that fact that the lovely Lady Linda just leaked out might be worth taking note of. Whoops, did I just leak some juicy trivia that will help you in the quiz.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

LOL indeed I am not brother jelgate. Otherwise the questions would become way to tedious. I manage to come up with plenty of ringer questions without having to resort to number guessing.
                        I just re-watched Accession 2 nights ago with note-pad in hand. I took note that it was 200 years. But alas, I usually don't play number games on my quizzes (occasionally a numbers question will make my quizzes), and that particular question did not make this quiz.
                        Now that fact that the lovely Lady Linda just leaked out might be worth taking note of. Whoops, did I just leak some juicy trivia that will help you in the quiz.
                        You could ask why Kira was taking art in the first place. Lucky for me I know but I will stay quiet since it may be a question
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Unrelated to the quiz, I think the better question is why she was trying a clay sculpture. She was supposed to be an artist, but you'd think that when it failed, she'd move to painting.

sigpic

Comment

Well at least I'll get one right answer. But then again, I might forget it in two weeks time

You could ask why Kira was taking art in the first place. Lucky for me I know but I will stay quiet since it may be a question
                            sigpic

Comment

/\/\/\ You guy's and gal's are simply great /\/\/\

LOL this is why I love this thread so much (DS9 fans are simply the best!). If you guys keep talking you might give away more than just one answer. Shhhhhhh just kidding. Go ahead and talk it up, you are all hitting on juicy trivia.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Unrelated to the quiz, I think the better question is why she was trying a clay sculpture. She was supposed to be an artist, but you'd think that when it failed, she'd move to painting.
                                Maybe her caste classification was specfic to sculpting. They never really expanded too much on that class system
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X