Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Picard and the kids, Worf and Keiko, Data and Riker, the brilliant interaction between Troi in command and Miles and Ro. The low point was the medical doctor's advice to Geordi on how to survive the vacuum. Exhale, Doctor. Exhale!
    Disaster was IMHO a somewhat lame episode - but that being I said I loved the scenes with and injured Picard and the 3 kids (stuck in the Turbo-Lift) who won a personal tour (by Capt Picard) because of there science projects, it was very well done and quite touching. Ensign Ro was channeling her inner female Bajoran wild woman, she was way out of line (I loved Miles expression every-time Ro suggested that they separate the saucer section and leave more than half the crew behind, whether they were dead or alive). Poor Counselor Troi looked and acted like a lost puppy.

Obviously it was season V (a typo, I knew that) - especially considering that Geordi, Worf and Riker were all sporting awesome beards.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Huh, for a moment there I thought you were talking about the episode where Ensign Ro, Guinan and I think Picard? become kids!
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Huh, for a moment there I thought you were talking about the episode where Ensign Ro, Guinan and I think Picard? become kids!
        Rascals hilarious ep imo
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I liked Troi in it, and I loved how the whole crew [minus Picard] worked together to save the ship. Well, minus Ro, too, I guess.
          'Rascals' did little for me, apart from this, of course.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Rascals makes the Enterprised look like a bunch of idiots.

Seriously you let pirates take over your ship so easily. And to top it off they were Ferengi
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

A character episode about getting a 'second chance' might have worked, along with some mild action, but the Ferengi really ruined almost anything they were in during TNG. Thank the Prophets for DS9!
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                Disaster was IMHO a somewhat lame episode - but that being I said I loved the scenes with and injured Picard and the 3 kids (stuck in the Turbo-Lift) who won a personal tour (by Capt Picard) because of there science projects, it was very well done and quite touching. Ensign Ro was channeling her inner female Bajoran wild woman, she was way out of line (I loved Miles expression every-time Ro suggested that they separate the saucer section and leave more than half the crew behind, whether they were dead or alive). Poor Counselor Troi looked and acted like a lost puppy.
                I agree brother Fifth, Disaster wasn't exactly horrible but definitely not one of the better TNG S5 episodes. I see you watch late night TNG on WGN as well because that episode was on last night. The scenes with Picard and 3 young children trapped in the turbo-lift was IMO the hi-lite of the episode. Miles also stood out, and I agree Ro was way out of line and the writers made her look like a total buffoon. Troi was lost but she played it very well. I also enjoyed and got great laugh from Worf when he was semi-panicking while delivering Keiko's baby Molly -
                Worf: "It's not like the holosuite program I trained with at Starfleet Academy"

Comment

Sorry I missed the "Guess the Quote" questions this morning. I will definitely check in tomorrow morning so I don't miss the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    A character episode about getting a 'second chance' might have worked, along with some mild action, but the Ferengi really ruined almost anything they were in during TNG. Thank the Prophets for DS9!
                    "Thank the Prophets" lolol

It's hard to believe that the Ferengi were first conceived to be this alien race that were savage and strong, and enjoyed eating the flesh of huumon's. I believe the story goes that after the lame TNG S1 episode The Last Outpost (that introduced the Ferengi and Armin Shimmerman (Quark) as a different Ferengi than Quark of course) public opinion was so bad about the Ferengi, which the TPTB agreed with, completely changed them around to be this rather lame and weak race. Well at least they decided to keep them around because I cannot imagine DS9 without Quark and the rest of the Ferengi.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      "Thank the Prophets" lolol

It's hard to believe that the Ferengi were first conceived to be this alien race that were savage and strong, and enjoyed eating the flesh of huumon's. I believe the story goes that after the lame TNG S1 episode The Last Outpost (that introduced the Ferengi and Armin Shimmerman (Quark) as a different Ferengi than Quark of course) public opinion was so bad about the Ferengi, which the TPTB agreed with, completely changed them around to be this rather lame and weak race. Well at least they decided to keep them around because I cannot imagine DS9 without Quark and the rest of the Ferengi.
                      It would be more entertaining
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It would be more entertaining
                        You Ferengi hating Trekster. We can always count on a "I hate the Ferengi" comment from you brother jelgate. Well at least you're consistent.

At least the Ferengi we got on DS9 were far superior characters compared to the meat-head Ferengi we saw on TNG and VOY for that matter.

Comment

You Ferengi hating Trekster. We can always count on a "I hate the Ferengi" comment from you brother jelgate. Well at least you're consistent.

At least the Ferengi we got on DS9 were far superior characters compared to the meat-head Ferengi we saw on TNG and VOY for that matter.
                          let's not forget ENT
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Come on. You know thier are storylines and characters you hate with a passion too. I'm just vocal in my dislike.

I don't know about that one. I would have to think and compare Ferengi episode in DS9 vs TNG. I found some good moments of Ferengi episodes TNG. For instance I quite liked DaiMon Bok
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Come on. You know thier are storylines and characters you hate with a passion too. I'm just vocal in my dislike.
                              Quark and Rom are IMO the 2 very best Ferengi characters from any Trek series.
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              I don't know about that one. I would have to think and compare Ferengi episode in DS9 vs TNG. I found some good moments of Ferengi episodes TNG. For instance I quite liked DaiMon Bok
                              With all due respect brother jelagte, are you nuts!. Daimon Bok was a hack!. Even the brief appearence the Ferengi had on VOY was pathetic.

Comment

With all due respect brother jelagte, are you nuts!. Daimon Bok was a hack!. Even the brief appearence the Ferengi had on VOY was pathetic.
                                I'll fall back on the old rule. When in doubt blame Linda.

Seriously I liked his motivation for what he did. I can relate to a person wanting revenge for losing a loved one
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X