Who is your favorite Voyager Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone seems to love the Doctor.

Not much fight on him being a good character.

Comment

The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
        I vote for Janeway, mainly becasue she the only woman Captain of the series-franchise. The Doctor's good too, but he's kinda irritating for me same as Neelix.
        THe second fave for me would be Tom Parish, he changed a lot during those years.
        finally someone agrees with me...the doc is charming..'cough' bout irritating.

Comment

I voted for Chakotay ( what the heck, I like the guy ), but I wish he was more like the other executive officers: Spock, Number One, T'Pol and Kira were great characters, more equal to their captains than Chakotay ever was. I don't know, maybe because he was in love with Janeway, but that's my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
            I voted for Chakotay ( what the heck, I like the guy ), but I wish he was more like the other executive officers: Spock, Number One, T'Pol and Kira were great characters, more equal to their captains than Chakotay ever was. I don't know, maybe because he was in love with Janeway, but that's my humble opinion.
            I don't think he was in love with her, they were just really good friends.

Thinking about them two in a relationship seems a little bit creppy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
              i think chakotay was a great character and had so much potential... i think the reason that he was sidelined is because they didnt what to over shaddow janeway as star treks first female captain... so they kinda lost that balance they had between captain and first officer in the other series...

which is a shame because janeway was also a great character, and the dynamic those two had was well written, its my fave character relationship of the franchise...

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              I don't think he was in love with her, they were just really good friends.

Thinking about them two in a relationship seems a little bit creppy too.

chakotay definately had feelings for janeway...

in resolutions [s2] chakotay was embarrased to tell her the story of what she means to him... there was a definate awkward moment when he was giving her the neck rub...

and then in shattered janeway asks chakotay if they were more then friends, because she got that vibe, but he said that they have never crossed that line...

i reckon chakotay was jealous when janeway was dating the hologram in fair haven and spirit spoke... i also think janeway was somewhat jealous if not merely offput when she found out -

Spoiler:
              chakotay married 7 in endgame...

and those are the more obvious moments off the top of my head...

it would have made much more sense to me if chakotay had been paired with janeway then 7... granted they werent going to do that because janeway is the captain... but chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...
              Last edited by katjoy; 18 July 2009, 03:40 AM.
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Spoiler:
                In the pocket book series for voyager, it shows that Janeway and Chakotay are very much in love with each other and always dismissed their feelings due to rank.

Comment

It was obvious that
                  Spoiler:
                  7/9 and Janeway
                  were in love.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    <snip>...but chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...
                    THANK YOU! Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt that was a little awkward
                    If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                      I think 90% of the fandom saw that
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                        chakotay and 7 just didnt make any sense...
                        Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                        Now as anyone who knows me will tell you, i'm a shipper, a big shipper...But geez way to go clutching a romance outta thin air here I still ftind myself scratching my head wondering where this came from...It just.....Appeared
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Now as anyone who knows me will tell you, i'm a shipper, a big shipper...But geez way to go clutching a romance outta thin air here I still ftind myself scratching my head wondering where this came from...It just.....Appeared
                          And it was a terrible pairing as well. Those two didn't go together at all to me.

Seven/The Doc made more sense and Janeway/Chakotay made more sense (even though that would be a crazy thing to attempt, imo).
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                            And it was a terrible pairing as well. Those two didn't go together at all to me.

Seven/The Doc made more sense and Janeway/Chakotay made more sense (even though that would be a crazy thing to attempt, imo).
                            Yes, see the doctor/seven I would have understood. They had so many scenes together and great chemistry. But Chakotay barely tolerated seven since she came aboard so I don't understand where or when he changed his mind and ended up loving her The didn't really have many scenes together either if I recall correctly. It was so confusing to say the least.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Yes, see the doctor/seven I would have understood. They had so many scenes together and great chemistry. But Chakotay barely tolerated seven since she came aboard so I don't understand where or when he changed his mind and ended up loving her The didn't really have many scenes together either if I recall correctly. It was so confusing to say the least.
                              Their is a rumor that the Seven/Chakatoy ship was because a dare made by Robert Beltram. The rumor goes that Beltram dared Braga that he didn't have the guts to put a romantic scene between Chakotay and Seven because at the time because Braga was dating Jeri Ryan. But like all rumors who know how much truth their is to that
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Their is a rumor that the Seven/Chakatoy ship was because a dare made by Robert Beltram. The rumor goes that Beltram dared Braga that he didn't have the guts to put a romantic scene between Chakotay and Seven because at the time because Braga was dating Jeri Ryan. But like all rumors who know how much truth their is to that
                                I thought the dare was about the kiss? That he dared him that he wouldn't put a kiss in there?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X