Who is your favorite Voyager Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I thought the dare was about the kiss? That he dared him that he wouldn't put a kiss in there?
    Well you need a reason behind the kiss or it just looks stupid. Not that Seven/Chakotay was a smart idea to begin with
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Well you need a reason behind the kiss or it just looks stupid. Not that Seven/Chakotay was a smart idea to begin with
      But there wasn't any romance, it was dinner then the kiss...That was it

HOLY HANNA, is this even worse than *gulp* Mc....Mc....McKeller naaaaaa that's not possible
      sigpic

Comment

Their is a rumor that the Seven/Chakatoy ship was because a dare made by Robert Beltram. The rumor goes that Beltram dared Braga that he didn't have the guts to put a romantic scene between Chakotay and Seven because at the time because Braga was dating Jeri Ryan. But like all rumors who know how much truth their is to that
        yep that was why chakotay and 7 ended up together out of nowhere...

Robert Beltran: I remember having a conversation with her and I said I guess now that you're with Brannon, there won't be any Chakotay/Seven of Nine kissing scenes. We can throw that idea out the window. She said, "I'm going to tell him what you said." I said, "Tell him. Tell him. Maybe he'll take me up on the challenge." It took a long time.
        braga wanted to prove to robert he wasnt jealous of his then girlfriend kissing robert on screen - who lets face it is HOT

it was however stupid to create a relationship out of it... as a stand alone episode 7 experimenting with romance with a holographic chakotay would have satisfied the dare without creating feelings in chakotay that simply didnt exist...

but i think most trekkers will agree that the chakotay/7 pairing was not a smart one...
        Last edited by katjoy; 23 July 2009, 02:48 AM.
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

But there wasn't any romance, it was dinner then the kiss...That was it

HOLY HANNA, is this even worse than *gulp* Mc....Mc....McKeller naaaaaa that's not possible
          Of coure Chakotay/seven was worse. McKeller had development. Poor and inproper development but development none the less. In Chakotay/Seven their was absolutely no development.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Of coure Chakotay/seven was worse. McKeller had development. Poor and inproper development but development none the less. In Chakotay/Seven their was absolutely no development.
            McKeller had development hmmm lest seee, they had a drink together a few months ago.......Then Rodney declared his love months later...Nothing in between...Yeah I can se where the development was
            sigpic

Comment

McKeller had development hmmm lest seee, they had a drink together a few months ago.......Then Rodney declared his love months later...Nothing in between...Yeah I can se where the development was
              I think Jel's right in that there was an actual hint of them possibly getting together as far back as Trio. With Chakotay/Seven, it was like "what... where... why??"
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Oh, you had the whole Rodney and Ronon are jealous of each other routine going on for what felt like forever, so at least you were aware that these guys knew of Keller's existence.

I remember watching the last season of Voyager and being like "What just happened here? Did I miss a whole bunch of shipping scenes?"

As someone who will ignore a ship if I don't approve, I honestly felt like I had just been oblivious of the whole thing. This was by far the worst Trek pairing of any series, IMO.
                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  I think Jel's right in that there was an actual hint of them possibly getting together as far back as Trio. With Chakotay/Seven, it was like "what... where... why??"
                  Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                  Oh, you had the whole Rodney and Ronon are jealous of each other routine going on for what felt like forever, so at least you were aware that these guys knew of Keller's existence.

I remember watching the last season of Voyager and being like "What just happened here? Did I miss a whole bunch of shipping scenes?"

As someone who will ignore a ship if I don't approve, I honestly felt like I had just been oblivious of the whole thing. This was by far the worst Trek pairing of any series, IMO.
                  ahhhh but the whole triangle from hell thing didn't happen till Rodney so suddenly declared his love for Keller out of the blue, so there was no indication from a drink in Trio to "I love you" in The shrine Nothing, nada

hehe, I can be a very stubborn sod
                  sigpic

Comment

ahhhh but the whole triangle from hell thing didn't happen till Rodney so suddenly declared his love for Keller out of the blue, so there was no indication from a drink in Trio to "I love you" in The shrine Nothing, nada

hehe, I can be a very stubborn sod
                    But you see their were hints before the relationship. Poorly hints. With Chakatoy/Seven it just appeared in Endgame
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

But you see their were hints before the relationship. Poorly hints. With Chakatoy/Seven it just appeared in Endgame
                      There was A hint The drink, that was the hint

Well there was the holosuite program thingy, you could call that a hint on what Seven was thinking
                      sigpic

Comment

Well there was the holosuite program thingy, you could call that a hint on what Seven was thinking
                        Their was also McKay's decleration of love in The Shrine.
                        The love triangle of doom
                        Keller's uncertainity at the end Lost Tribe
                        The AU in The Last Man.

Like I said poor hints. The holodeck program only reveals that Seven had some mild attraction.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Their was also McKay's decleration of love in The Shrine.
                          The love triangle of doom
                          Keller's uncertainity at the end Lost Tribe
                          The AU in The Last Man.

Like I said poor hints. The holodeck program only reveals that Seven had some mild attraction.
                          I know there was all those .....But my point I was trying to make was there was no hints between Keller asking McKay out for a drink and his declaration of love....There was nothing in between and , months surely must have past by this point so to cut a long story short, the declaration of love more or less came outta no where
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post

agreed... it was horrible... and as a person who does notice ship i can tell you you definately didnt miss anything... there was nothing to miss...

her and plenty of others chakotay wasnt voted the sexiest guy in star trek for nothing [in the mags we used to buy]...
                            Last edited by katjoy; 24 July 2009, 04:05 AM.
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I liked the doctor/7 relationship... it might have been a bit weird, if not down right odd... but at least it had some build up, and several episodes with his feelings shown.

Comment

^ yeah the doc had established feelings for 7 and they were friends... the characters interacted all the time... there was a dynamic there... so while i personally didnt see them as a couple it still would have made more sense to me then chakotay/7...

there was practically no interaction between chakotay and 7 in 4 years... in fact when she came on board he didnt like nor trust her... and while he came to realise she wasnt going to betray them they never really established that he considered 7 one of his friends let alone that there was any romantic interest...

i was personally always a janeway/chakotay shipper even though i knew nothing would happen...

Comment

Working...
                                X