Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Vote for your favorite Voyager Character
    definitely the doctor. he has a depth of character that isn't normally seen on voyager. the closest we saw to his character development were seven and Tom paris, who are tied for #2 for me.

not to mention robert picardo is one of my favorite actors..

Comment

Torres, then Harry but he never really got any development could have been a lot better.

Paris was annoying with his early 20th century shtick, the controls on the flyer what the hell were they thinking could have at least been modern switches, dials and levers.
      sigpic

Comment

For me it was seven of nine.
        The guys in the show were basicly...hm...toned down more than any other Star Trek. Ensign Kim ...always and ensign never a Lieutenant.
        Chakotay was passive, never wanted conflicted.
        Tuvok...loyal as a puppy (to Janeway)
        Paris ...part time bad boy full time whipping boy.
        Neelix...cook....(hmmm. But I like him notheless.) He was modern.

Seven was the most manly...assertive direct rebelious.
        And she looked really good doing it.

Comment

The Doctor. But Paris is a close second.

Comment

I hate Seska....what a despicable evil woman. I'd have no problems beaming her inside a solid wall.

I was enraged when the daft voyager crew didn't also demand her along with Chakotay when he went to destroy the transporter module and got caught. The Kazon leaders had no choice and would have agreed in an instant. What a bunch of idiots.

Comment

It's gotta be the Doc!

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
              Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

i would have to say ze Docter

Comment

I did not know so many people liked the Doctor.
                  Wow...what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                    I did not know so many people liked the Doctor.
                    Wow...what is it?
                    Voyager's premise was falsely advertised including the character bio's when they did pre-air publicity which they spent a lot of money on. when Voyager ended the only character bio that came through was the 'EMH' who was the most interesting, he evolved from good character arcs and had depth.

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                      Voyager's premise was falsely advertised including the character bio's when they did pre-air publicity which they spent a lot of money on. when Voyager ended the only character bio that came through was the 'EMH' who was the most interesting, he evolved from good character arcs and had depth.

- Christine
                      But I find it odd that Seven of Nine changed greatly but has not garnered as much favor among the fans here. I mean Janeway is the DOC's competition, which is odd for me because I've heard alot displeasure for her as a captain.

But with Seven and the The Doctor, I've heard that most believe they were extremely over used.

Comment

meet Captain Nicole Janeway played by Genevieve Bujold a Canadian Actress.

apparently they let her go in the middle of shooting in favor of Kate Mulgrew (runner up) because Genevieve didn't have the stamina to do 8, 9 scenes a day, keep in mind her imdb profile says she is 67 years old now.

I want to re-emphasize on my last post like I said Voyager's premise was falsely advertised it was supposed to share some of the Battlestar Galactica makeup but ended up being something completely different i'll quote Ronald Moore.

Before it aired, I was at a convention in Pasadena, and [scenic illustrator, technical consultant Rick] Sternbach and [scenic art supervisor, technical consultant Michael] Okuda were on stage, and they were answering questions from the audience about the new ship. It was all very technical, and they were talking about the fact that in the premise this ship was going to have problems. It wasn’t going to have unlimited sources of energy. It wasn’t going to have all the doodads of the Enterprise. It was going to be rougher, fending for themselves more, having to trade to get supplies that they want. That didn’t happen. It doesn’t happen at all, and it’s a lie to the audience. I think the audience intuitively knows when something is true and something is not true. VOYAGER is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bull****ting the audience I think takes its toll. At some point the audience stops taking it seriously, because they know that this is not really the way this would happen. These people wouldn’t act like this."
                        Ronald Moore also went on record saying he wasn't allowed to write what he wanted to write or his fellow writers from Deep Space Nine Michael Taylor and Bryan Fuller, the staff were treated poorly and there was a lot of inner politics from the powers to be even the actors didn't see eye to eye Kate Mulgrew thought Robert Beltran was unprofessional because he went on record saying he was tired of the repetitive scripts and cardboard characterization, if you want an example on what cardboard characterization is watch the 2 part episode Year of Hell which showcases what Voyager should of been except the characters are still "cardboard" compared to the Enterprise episode Damage which is under similar circumstances. Brannon Braga was no Shakespeare either, his creative vision ultimately led to one of science fictions most recognizable villains the Borg turn into fairy's. in my opinion the show was a complete disaster from the bottom up.

- Christine
                        Last edited by lkg1980; 16 October 2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I picked Chakotay, so loved his character. I would have picked Janeway too, she was awesome and Kate Mulgrew is spectacular in person.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Doctor. FTW!

Comment

Out of that list. Seska, since shes on there. I loved her character. i thought it was really well done.

Out of the main crew, Captain Janeway, in the first 1-3 seasons. Something changed about her. Shes not as good in later seasons than she was in the first few.

Overall my favorite character is Tom Paris. He was a great character.

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                                meet Captain Nicole Janeway played by Genevieve Bujold a Canadian Actress.

apparently they let her go in the middle of shooting in favor of Kate Mulgrew (runner up) because Genevieve didn't have the stamina to do 8, 9 scenes a day, keep in mind her imdb profile says she is 67 years old now.

I want to re-emphasize on my last post like I said Voyager's premise was falsely advertised it was supposed to share some of the Battlestar Galactica makeup but ended up being something completely different i'll quote Ronald Moore.

Ronald Moore also went on record saying he wasn't allowed to write what he wanted to write or his fellow writers from Deep Space Nine Michael Taylor and Bryan Fuller, the staff were treated poorly and there was a lot of inner politics from the powers to be even the actors didn't see eye to eye Kate Mulgrew thought Robert Beltran was unprofessional because he went on record saying he was tired of the repetitive scripts and cardboard characterization, if you want an example on what cardboard characterization is watch the 2 part episode Year of Hell which showcases what Voyager should of been except the characters are still "cardboard" compared to the Enterprise episode Damage which is under similar circumstances. Brannon Braga was no Shakespeare either, his creative vision ultimately led to one of science fictions most recognizable villains the Borg turn into fairy's. in my opinion the show was a complete disaster from the bottom up.

- Christine
                                I heard she walked off the set.
                                Couldn't take the schedule.

I'm still wondering why Mulgrew wasn't the first choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X