Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Smallville will return for a 10th season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably by the Season 9 finale....but hopefully sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Probably by the Season 9 finale....but hopefully sooner.
      Yeah, I would hope much sooner than that.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Smallville Buys More Set Space?

In this day and age, Twitter is often a place where all kinds of things can come out.

The YVRFilm Twitter apparently seems to cover announcements and news regarding the Vancouver film industry. Yesterday, they posted this:

@YVRFilm Smallville has purchased more surrounding buildings to expand their Burnaby studio space
        Now, Smallville is likely shooting somewhere around the 13th or 14th episode of Season Nine. Why would they be expanding their studio if the show could be ending only 8 or 9 episodes later? Could this mean Season 10 is happening?

Either way, fans asked, and YVRFilm responded yet again.

@YVRFilm Smallville SpinOffs to consider also
        So, could the spin-off idea be still explored? Or - provided any of this is even for real - could this extra space be to finally give Lois an apartment? Or, Smallville theories aside - maybe the set space is created so producer Tom Welling could shoot the Cheer pilot in Vancouver? (If it's even shooting, and if it's even shooting in Vancouver)

No sources aside from YVRFilm have confirmed any of this to be true, and the studio has not confirmed or denied this to be true, so this one's labeled just in the Rumorville category for now, as it is only speculation at this point. However, if it is true, the news should be encouraging... and especially if "Absolute Justice" ratings are big, the adventures of a "young" Clark Kent could very well go into a tenth year.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

More set space definitely sounds like a good thing to me.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            More set space definitely sounds like a good thing to me.
            Definitely!

Comment

I think there's a decent chance we'll get a 10th season. I'd love for it to happen. I've been watching Smallville since the first episode, and it is still one of my faves.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Rebel View Post
                I think there's a decent chance we'll get a 10th season. I'd love for it to happen. I've been watching Smallville since the first episode, and it is still one of my faves.
                Same here. It has grown and changed quite a bit since its early days.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope so. I love Smallville and I want a new season.

Comment

Smallville Season 10: Things Are Looking Even Brighter...

Today The CW held their part of the Television Critics Association press tour, and several journalists caught up with CW Entertainment President Dawn Ostroff to discuss the prospects of Smallville going for a tenth season.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello, Ostroff sounds optimistic about the show's chances, and seems pleased with the show creatively. But regarding whether or not the show will be back for another year, Ostroff says the decision will come in May. "[The producers] haven’t even pitched us the last episodes yet, so we haven’t even gotten to how we’re going to deal with the last episode and whether it’s a season finale or series finale," Ostroff said to Ausiello. "But right now, I think it’s just a season finale."

Ostroff also made chances sound good in an interview with IGN's Eric Goldman. "If the show doesn't come back, I think it will be a sort of really last minute decision, because either development [for new series] was great or the show wasn't doing as well on Friday nights. But we still have a whole half a season to go before we have to determine that," she said.

So, while no official decision has been announced, at least things ARE sounding good.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

Well, at least it is nice to be able to think positively for the time being.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nice news indeed. Not as good as a yes, but enough to give hope. I am a bit surprised that it would take until May, I was expecting that good ratings of 'Absolute Justice' or at least good ratings during the first half of the season would be enough to get some confirmation around February.

Stupid question though, has it been confirmed that Welling is at least signed on for a 10th? I thought it he was confirmed for a 9th and 10th when he signed on for the 9th, but I am not too sure.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Stupid question though, has it been confirmed that Welling is at least signed on for a 10th? I thought it he was confirmed for a 9th and 10th when he signed on for the 9th, but I am not too sure.
                          Yep its confirmed. Some sources also say ED is signed for a 10th, but that hasnt been confirmed or denied.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that. I was sure it was true but it's been so long I was having doubts about it. At least It's good to know that if S10 won't happen, it won't be due to Welling.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              Thanks for confirming that. I was sure it was true but it's been so long I was having doubts about it. At least It's good to know that if S10 won't happen, it won't be due to Welling.
                              Yeah, that is good to know. That being the cause would be a real shame.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

CinemaSpy Exclusive: Smallville Season 10 Confirmed!

Fans of The CW series Smallville take note: industry sources inform CinemaSpy that the show has been renewed for a tenth season, and that the official announcement is probable before the end of January — possibly to be made on the Vancouver sets — when Peter Roth, President of Warner Bros. Television will visit the Warner-produced shows Smallville, Supernatural...and Fringe.

The media has been speculating for the past few days that the series would come back for a tenth season, with Tom Welling purportedly already signed on. CW President Dawn Ostroff recently told Entertainment Weekly, "I’m really pleased with the show. Creatively, I think they’ve done a great job. And the ratings are strong on Friday night. I have to commend the producers… It’s not easy in season 9 to keep a show fresh. And you know what I think? The fans have really liked the show this season. I don’t know which way we’ll go."

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3873

Since their the only ones reporting this as a fact rather than conjecture, im gonna take it with a grain of salt untill these an official press release.
                                Last edited by Madwelshboy; 22 January 2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X