This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sam Witwer For Season 9?

Sam Witwer's character of Davis Bloome was killed in the Season 8 finale, "Doomsday," but a lot of fans had hoped that he would continue with the series as the character of Zod when the show returns for a ninth season. A leaked photo showing Sam with a goatee seemed to confirm these suspicions.

The Sam-as-Zod notion was first hinted at in the episode "Bloodline," where Faora commented that Davis looked "just like his father."

Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like Sam-as-Zod is not going to come to pass. A few independent but unconfirmed sources are telling us it's not going to happen, but of course, this hasn't been confirmed or denied by the network or the series' producers.

One theory is that Sam was always only contracted for one season, as many thought Season 8 would be the last; the other theory is that Witwer's contract explicitly states that it is to be playing Davis Bloome and not another character.

The fact that actors like Joe Manganiello are being considered for the "Mason" role - and he resembles Sam quite a bit - might also confirm that it's not meant to be, as it is doubtful the show will have two actors who look so much like each other.

Either way, official news or confirmation should be out by Comic-Con at the latest; unfortunately for fans of Sam Witwer, it's not looking very good at the moment

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

From a recent Laura Vandervoort Interview:-

VISITORS AMONG US: Will you be returning to Smallville?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: I couldn't tell you.I did one this season. They called and asked me for what they thought would be the season finale, but now they're coming back for another year. I have an inkling that I'll be back for an episode next year. I don't think they can keep me hanging for too long.
      For more details about the interview check the cast/crew interviews thread.

Comment

Shame about Witwer. I like him as an actor.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Smallville Season 9 Premiere Date

CW's Friday lineup of "Smallville" and "Top Model" repeat will not materialize until Sept. 25
          http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2248

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            No Sam Witwer For Season 9?

Sam Witwer's character of Davis Bloome was killed in the Season 8 finale, "Doomsday," but a lot of fans had hoped that he would continue with the series as the character of Zod when the show returns for a ninth season. A leaked photo showing Sam with a goatee seemed to confirm these suspicions.

The Sam-as-Zod notion was first hinted at in the episode "Bloodline," where Faora commented that Davis looked "just like his father."

Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like Sam-as-Zod is not going to come to pass. A few independent but unconfirmed sources are telling us it's not going to happen, but of course, this hasn't been confirmed or denied by the network or the series' producers.

One theory is that Sam was always only contracted for one season, as many thought Season 8 would be the last; the other theory is that Witwer's contract explicitly states that it is to be playing Davis Bloome and not another character.

The fact that actors like Joe Manganiello are being considered for the "Mason" role - and he resembles Sam quite a bit - might also confirm that it's not meant to be, as it is doubtful the show will have two actors who look so much like each other.

Either way, official news or confirmation should be out by Comic-Con at the latest; unfortunately for fans of Sam Witwer, it's not looking very good at the moment

Please, do you have anything — anything — about Smallville? Please? Please! — Gabriela
            MATT: I shall reward your repeated use of the word "please" by sharing a provocative bit of intel I just stumbled across. A source tells me that although Sam Witwer was invited back for Season 9 — for possibly several episodes — at this time the actor has no plans to slip back into either deceased Davis' EMT jacket or presumed-dead Doomsday's spikey skin.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1006939.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Please, do you have anything — anything — about Smallville? Please? Please! — Gabriela
              MATT: I shall reward your repeated use of the word "please" by sharing a provocative bit of intel I just stumbled across. A source tells me that although Sam Witwer was invited back for Season 9 — for possibly several episodes — at this time the actor has no plans to slip back into either deceased Davis' EMT jacket or presumed-dead Doomsday's spikey skin.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1006939.aspx
              Really? Hmmm, that surprises me a little.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Brian Austin Green Joins Cast as Metallo

Brian Austin Green has been cast on Smallville as the DC Comics villain Metallo, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

That's right — the Terminator alum is now playing a cyborg himself.

Green will appear as the kryptonite-powered villain (alter ego "Daily Planet" journo John Corben) in at least the first two episodes of Season 9, which kicks off Friday, Sept. 25.

http://spoilertv-smallville.blogspot...een-joins.html

Question: Please tell me you have some Smallville scoop! I am spoiler-dry and need some fixins' on season 9. --Joel
                Ausiello: Rumor has it Warner Bros. is once again throwing around the "s" word. No, not Superman -- I'm talking about spin-off. With next season likely Smallville's last, word has it the studio is thinking of ways to extend the franchise. Meanwhile, my buddy Mitovich over at TV Guide is reporting that Brian Austin Green traded in that series regular gig on One Tree Hill for a two-episode arc on Smallville as DC Comics baddie Metallo.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/...-and-more.html
                Last edited by Madwelshboy; 18 June 2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

IGN TV - Smallville: What We Want
                  It's time for The CW's Super series to get real in Season 9.

Season 8 of Smallville began full of promise. Longtime writers/producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar stepped aside just as the show needed a creative jolt to move past the revolving storylines it had been shackled with for years. And in spite of the unfortunate departure of Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), the season kicked off with more momentum than Smallville has enjoyed in years. There was the sense that it was all really going somewhere. This excitement continued right up until the final leg of the season. And then came the epic fizzle that left fans feeling frustrated and bewildered.

We're glad Smallville is finally moving forward, but it absolutely must deliver. With that in mind, here are some specific things we'd like to see in Season 9. Take a look at our list of must-haves for the next season, and leave your own suggestions in the comments.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/985/985870p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I enjoy Smallville. It has had some amazing moments over the seasons.
                    Ah, but Angel was written by Joss Whedon. Admittedly I've only seen Firefly (and Serenity) but he is definately a better writer than those of Smallville. I do like the writing of Smallville, but I must admit I was quite pissed off with Chloe's character - they seemed to not be able to make their minds up about her the last few episodes. You could see Allison Mack was struggling to show Chloe's motives, because the writers kept changing them!
                    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                      Ah, but Angel was written by Joss Whedon. Admittedly I've only seen Firefly (and Serenity) but he is definately a better writer than those of Smallville. I do like the writing of Smallville, but I must admit I was quite pissed off with Chloe's character - they seemed to not be able to make their minds up about her the last few episodes. You could see Allison Mack was struggling to show Chloe's motives, because the writers kept changing them!
                      Chloe did seem to have a whole lot going on.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Casting News

The CW confirms that Callum Blue, a British actor you may know from the WB's short-lived Related or Showtime's Secret Diary of a Call Girl, has been cast as Phantom Zone baddie Zod for season nine of Smallville. Blue will be a regular next year. As previously reported, Smallville's other newbie will be Brian Austin Green as baddie Metallo.

http://spoilertv-smallville.blogspot...ting-news.html

Comment

Smallville Season 9 Start Date
                          We have learned that Season 9 of Smallville is currently set to start filming on July 6, 2009.

It also appears that, although we cannot offiically confirm this yet, Kevin Fair will be directing the season premiere.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

Comment

I can't wait for juicy spoilers once production starts on Season 9.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Episode Titles Revealed!!

Episode #9-1: "Savior"
                              Episode #9-2: "Metallo"

For spoiler deatils check the spoiler thread!!

Comment

One Tree Hill's Joe Manganiello Will Not Be "Mason"

Joe Manganiello (One Tree Hill's Owen) tried out for the Smallville role of "Mason" - but it seems he did not get the role, making us wonder even more if "Mason" was just a code name for the Zod role which will be played by Callum Blue.

On an interview with the internet radio station Stardish, Manganiello said he wouldn't be doing Smallville, adding that they were "looking for something a little different than me."

Comment

Working...
                                X