Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Smallville will return for a 9th season??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarCapnRa View Post
    Ummmmmm... nope.

First, all we have is you citing a rumor (and a very nonspecific one at that).
    Second, the show's getting long in the tooth. As someone said, Lex is gone. Lana has had very few appearances (and Kreuk is most likely gone after this season).
    It's about time for Clark to finally leave Smallville. In leaving the town for which the show is named, it would be synchronistic for the show to leave, as well.
    That's my opinion, anyway.
    Uh, I wasn't "citing a rumour" at all, merely passing on information that hopefully is exciting to smallville fans. This thread is discussing the possibility of a season 9 and since both Ausiello (who literally tends to have to eat humble pie if he's wrong and therefore rarely ever is) and "tv by numbers" have proven just how strong season 8 of Smallville has been, it is pretty safe to believe the spoiler king.

I still stand by this season as being a breath of fresh air. Lana's absense IMHO was a catalyst for Clark to move on (and that for me was really what was stagnating the show). And he is moving on. He no longer feels bound by the constraints of the farm. He's exploring his powers more. And the use of Metropolis has increased dramatically. I for one don't want the Kent farm removed completely as it does give grounding to the series, and honestly it doesn't matter if Clark still lives there... it's not like he has a long commute I love that they exploring new villains and it's no longer all about Lex. Yes his existence is important, but season 8 has shown that they can survive without him as a regular. Hopefully though they can get Michael to do a few guest spots in season 9.
    Last edited by PengYn; 09 January 2009, 09:24 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

The Clark Kent character from Smallville needs to grow, the series needs to evolve into superman. If it does and brings in a larger audience Tom will secure a future role as superman in feature films as well. People that i spoke to about the series have become bored at the slowing pace...they/ and I want to see him develop his role within the standing of the DC world and learn to fly! lol

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think Clark has come a really long way this season in regards to accepting his destiny. If given another season, I think his progression into the Superman we all know and love would continue to accelerate.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I may be the only one, but I think the news about a possible season nine is terrible. I haven't liked Smallville since season seven, with the exception of a handful of episodes. Clark has no character growth anymore because they can't take him anywhere else without turning him into Superman. And now without Lex, I really don't care. For me, Smallville was about Clark and Lex. While I'm thrilled that Lana's gone, Lex's absence has left a great hole.
          sigpic
          Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
          I'm a 60%er!
          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I hope.

Comment

If there's a 9th season, they should change the name to 'Metropolis'
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                If there's a 9th season, they should change the name to 'Metropolis'
                I doubt they'd do that. Especially since I'm sure Season 9 , if we are lucky enough to get it, will most likely be the last.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                  I may be the only one, but I think the news about a possible season nine is terrible. I haven't liked Smallville since season seven, with the exception of a handful of episodes. Clark has no character growth anymore because they can't take him anywhere else without turning him into Superman. And now without Lex, I really don't care. For me, Smallville was about Clark and Lex. While I'm thrilled that Lana's gone, Lex's absence has left a great hole.
                  i disagree, season 8 has given clark the most character development since season 4/5, he's actually moving towards his destiny. And in the case of Lex i allways thought he should have gone a few seasons ago. Micheal was great as Lex but they just drew out the confilct between Lex and Clark for to long.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    i disagree, season 8 has given clark the most character development since season 4/5, he's actually moving towards his destiny. And in the case of Lex i allways thought he should have gone a few seasons ago. Micheal was great as Lex but they just drew out the confilct between Lex and Clark for to long.
                    I couldn't agree with you more about Clark. I think that this season has done wonders for his development into the Superman we all know he will become.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Some part of me wants to see Smallville go on to it's ninth season. I think the new show runners have done an excellent job and I'd like to see more from then. But with that said you also have to take into account that the show can't go on forever.
                      "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mitchell View Post
                        Some part of me wants to see Smallville go on to it's ninth season. I think the new show runners have done an excellent job and I'd like to see more from then. But with that said you also have to take into account that the show can't go on forever.
                        You are right, it can't. Just one more season is all I am really asking for.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I couldn't agree with you more about Clark. I think that this season has done wonders for his development into the Superman we all know he will become.
                          About the only difference between season 8 Clark and the one from the Superman movie is a cape and flying. That's a lot of character development since the kid that just found out he was an alien allergic to meteor rocks in the pilot episode.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            About the only difference between season 8 Clark and the one from the Superman movie is a cape and flying. That's a lot of character development since the kid that just found out he was an alien allergic to meteor rocks in the pilot episode.
                            He has come a long way. And it has been a pleasure to watch that development.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a tv series about superman with Tom Welling called Metropolis. It would be better than what Warner Bros. would give us in some movie. Superman Returns is a prime example. Let's face it. There hasn't really been a decent Superman movie made.
                              "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mitchell View Post
                                I personally wouldn't mind seeing a tv series about superman with Tom Welling called Metropolis. It would be better than what Warner Bros. would give us in some movie. Superman Returns is a prime example. Let's face it. There hasn't really been a decent Superman movie made.
                                I liked 'Superman Returns' and 'Superman: The Motion Picture' is a classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X