Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the kiddie vamps were cringeworthy at points. not much depth given to them
    i think they were meant to be. look at how dumb they were in many parts of the ep, and where helen-wil-kate were interrogating that one vamp chick and kate said about how the bullets were laced with holy water and all these other cliches. it was funny.

but i do know what you guys are meaning about them (that one girl's acting didn't help), but i think it was just to really show us how 'cool' the real thing was (tesla).

oh, i when vamp chick called helen a b**ch.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Definitely enjoyed this episode. great to see Tesla again. I love his interactions with Helen. And they have an interesting relationship--they have a bond but he still drives her nuts.
      Though I felt kind of bad for Tesla when he lost his vampness, I was kind of glad too. The show could definitely go overboard with vampires. This opens up some new possiblities.
      We should definitely see Tesla a few times a season.
      Looking forward to rewatching this one. (can we hope JY does the commentary on the dvd with AT? please?)
      so, season 3, helen continues to help tesla find his vampness. he thinks he's found it, and by testing it, bites helen... she's either part vampire, or she's drawn to him and... i want to see this happen on the show!

^^ that was speculation, no actual spoilers
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        [...] it fails to answer why she's so frantically trying to help Nikola.
        i 'think', b/c helen actually likes tesla. and, i think she might have felt some empathy with him, maybe wondering what it would be like to lose her 'power'... maybe she realized she'd not be happy with it either?

but this is just guessing.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

"You can Bite me... Biatch"

ahah loved that part.. Helen's experssion was great the whole "I - Will - End- you" look

overall great episode.. i giggled a little when tesla was falling and onto the car "i hate then, oh i hate them so much"

fun epsidoe 8/10
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
            Also, in this (or another thread) *has fuzzy memory skills* we discussed how much some of us liked seeing the darker side of Helen and the occasionally out of control Helen but I also love seeing the humor that comes through as well.
            yes.

and amanda's so good at it!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
              Liked the SDCC reference and Biggie. I wonder if the "bloody awful" line was an intentional reference to Top Gear?
              Why would Sanctuary be referencing Top Gear?

'Plus, you gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Brilliantly delivered by JY.... that and the WONDERFUL bit of music (Which, and i dunno if this was intentional or not, seem to have the vocals 'Want you back' over the dedication.....)

Biggie and Henry at SDCC..

Tesla getting hit by the car was a real bolt from the blue...... and left me LMAO

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

ok...i really don't know what to make of it...seems Sanctuary's writing has gotten more...i don't even know what to call it....S1 was more angsty...more of a story line...S2 seems to be more stand alone eppys...i have my reservations on this episode...it was kind of scattered every where although of course...AT, and RD did some funny stuff...

I loved the Telsa Helen moment "FOCUS Nicola" was great....but over- all i don't know how i feel about S2....just not the same....my mom no longer watches, nor my sister...but i'm a faithful fan, and want to stick it through no matter what...oh and btw....no that s3 has been given the green lite...we all should tweet amanda and say "ASHley needs to come back"

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  but i learned something last night...

when helen finally came on screen, i actually took a gaspy breath... i think i realized how much i love helen now (just her coming on screen brought everything up to a higher level and class). she's a GREAT character, and deserves her own show!
                  I was thinking about how Amanda has been able to distance the Helen character from the Sam Carter character over at SG-1 and she has done it wonderfully.

I’m like you when I see Helen come on, she is really good and I have to admire her talent to give this fictional "person" that difference and life and she just looks beautiful.

Sam has her own beauty too, I love them both... they are played by the same wonderful actress LOL

Love the scene with Helen and Tesla; the looks they give each other and the feelings they display are very touchy you can tell Helen really likes Tesla even if he has been a pain in her **s for more than a decade she likes him and also the thought of losing someone else so soon really hits her.

also the reference to the vine Churchill gave her and the looked Kate gives Will at that comment and Will goes long story.

Wonder if they are going to take in that fact on Helen’s life the D Day that be really good…I think.
                  sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                    I was thinking about how Amanda has been able to distance the Helen character from the Sam Carter character over at SG-1 and she has done it wonderfully.

I’m like you when I see Helen come on, she is really good and I have to admire her talent to give this fictional "person" that difference and life and she just looks beautiful.
                    i don't think it really hit me until it *hit* me, as i explained seeing the ep last night.

sam's still my fave right now (*years* of character), but i finally know i really 'love' helen.

hehe
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I think Jonathan Young may (at least) get nominated for an award for best supporting actor for this role as Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                        I think Jonathan Young may (at least) get nominated for an award for best supporting actor for this role as Tesla.
                        he deserves it!

someone tell me what magneta does. he's from the x-men, right? if they're following that movie, i'd like to know what tesla might end up like.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I saw the second half of the ep last night. Saw the whole thing today.

Those darn kids got *very* old *VERY* fast. Seriously. Someone bought into the Twilight crap. imho. Or they were making fun of it. Either way, it was too much. Too. Much.

I liked the Sanctuary people bits. Lots of good one-liners. at the SDCC reference.

Jonathan Young did a great job.

Didn't Tesla convert a lot? What about those? Some are gonna die sooner than 30 years too...
                          Last edited by suse; 19 December 2009, 09:44 PM. Reason: add a line
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            Oh and Kate's lines actually worked this time. I liked her in this ep. Except for the whole bit about garlic, cross and stakes Thats lame.
                            Laura was lame. It makes sense that she would buy the lameness. She obviously doesn't know the truth about the Vampires yet.

It was especially funny after Tesla's "It's beyond insulting" speech in The Five.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              he deserves it!

someone tell me what magneta does. he's from the x-men, right? if they're following that movie, i'd like to know what tesla might end up like.
                              Magneto
                              -

Comment

Very conflicted about this episode. It has Tesla in it and i think JY did an excellent job again with the role. I was just less thrilled by some of the twists and turns. Tesla's initial capture was lame. For some reason he didn't get involved in the fight and got knocked over by a car and captured. Tesla losing his vampireness was very disappointing too. The magnetic thing seemed a bit lame really. There must be some of that cabal source blood left!

Liked the teenage vamps trying to turn their friend steve and killing him.
                                Liked tesla's flirtatious comment about it being a pity she'd brought the kids when he took the devamper.

Comment

Working...
                                X