Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    I'd have to be in agreement here. It seemed to me like Helen was counting off on her fingers the others who have left the 'Five.' Watson and Griffin have passed. Tesla was de-vamped and as far as I think Helen knew, perhaps not immortal anymore. Which left John and herself.

Will's line about why Helen was so adamant about trying to reverse Tesla's actions in Sleepers and his dawning comprehension that she was the last of the Five made Helen's line about John's 'Departure' a bit confusing. Something had to have happened that we missed. Druitt is simply, IMO, not just away chasing down the Cabal for what they did to Ashley. Why did Helen believe she was the last of the 'Five' now?

That tweet isn't conclusive and to me it seems she successfully dodged around the subject. I really do dislike when people can't just give a simple, straightforward 'yes' or 'no' to a question.
    In my case it was an answer. I RT what she wrote but before I wrote that it should be Haunted.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      We know that they are the wrong way around now Chelle. Some of us have been digging out spoilers since the announcement of Season 2 and Haunted was always slotted as ep 10. No biggie though, it's not the first time an ep has been shown out of order and the comment can be explained away.
      Its a good thing Syfy has correct the site, otherwise I wouldnt be surprised if they posted the podcast for Haunted instead of Sleepers LOLOLOL

Comment

Great episode! Tesla is just so fantastic!

I loved the "French Canadian Rock and Roll" comment. We were all laughing so hard here I had to rewind so we could catch the rest of the dialogue.

Just as he was zapping the last guy, I was thinking, "I wonder what would happen if he zapped himself?" And then he did. I'm not surprised he got a new power, though- he only neutralized being a vamp, not the source blood. Makes me wonder what would happen to the surviving Five if somehow their powers were neutralized? Would new ones surface?

I love how they keep it all current referencing other TV shows. Good stuff!
        sigpic

Comment

1. Oi, that's my generation they're taking the mick out of - if anyone in their 20s who wasn't a Sancturary fan got vamped then they'd probably assume the myths were true untill proven otherwise.

2. Tesla went out with class!

3. Kate was definately on form here.

4. Did not expect Tesla to get de-vamped but the magnetism should certainly be cool!

Fun stuff!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            1. I rolled my eyes at the notion of triple helix DNA. It was so stupid.
            Agreed, I was also amused to see a Fraction Collector in use at Helen's desk at the end of the episode.... despite not being connected to anything! We have what looks like the same model at work just irked me.

Other than those points.... great episode!
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Actually, a triple helix model was considered before the double helix model. Perhaps the Nobel prize winners who proposed/discovered the double helix model (their names slip my mind) were using source blood when they were thinking of the triple helix model!

Comment

I feel sad that Tesla is no longer a vampire if only because he is no longer immortal. Course he's got new super powers now so that's cool. I'm sad he can no longer control electricity because I simply loved the idea that Tesla, a man who worked with alternating electric current, would have electric super power. We saw him use one super power who knows in time there could be more to what he can do. So he's not "ordinary" anymore. Not that he ever was even before coming one of the five.

I was with Helen hoping Nikola could become a vampire again as he's one of the five. I want the five or rather the three to live for a very long time (longer then it's already been).

LOL at Henry & the Big Guy going to comic con LOL Big fan boys the both of them I love it Second episode both guys have been off having fun together. I miss seeing them but I love that they together having together. I wonder if it's as buddies or father/son? Either way brilliant!

Those 'kids' would be rotten selfish jerks with or without turning into vampires. They are selfish spoil brats. In 30 years I can't picture some of them being that much better of people. They'll just be powerful older d-bags. They really didn't care that they killed their friend. At least the girl cared for few seconds.

I love Nicola's reaction to finding out one of next generation dropped out of med school because the parties where lame. He was like the final insult that make him hate the little buggers even more.

LOL at the name Tesla made up for his fake doctor. LOL at the dig at French Canadian Rock & Roll. + The nameless female blond vamp totally wanted to get with Nicola. I don't blame her Jonathon Young is so funny "I hate them! oh, ah, I hate them!" after he got thrown off the building. Then "Clad man, my bro, we can work this out" Just every line he delivers is magic! And "I'm ordinary"

I love that Nikola never misses a moment to hint on/flirt with Helen. Also the bit about imagining Helen tied up. Kinky! lol I love that Nikola hid the devamper at Helen's Sanctuary. He knows Helen knows him so well and will find it and fix his mess if there's trouble. I thought the devamper in underground vampire layer the source blood was kept. I loved the scene between Helen and Nikola. The music playing was just the perfect touch.

Don't they have that blood bag from Nikola while he was still a vamp? Couldn't they use that somehow? It wasn't mentioned.

I like that they the episode was in memory of Jonathon's daughter, niece and nephew.
                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by tze View Post
                  Now that he's gotten the whole 'Resurrect The Vampire Race!!' thing out of his system, maybe Tesla can get around to the project he should've been working on this whole time: Operation Resurrect Watson and Griffin. He can devote the whole of Season 3 to it, that's fine, but the Five are one of the best things about this series and they've been dropping like flies!

Speaking of which, was anyone else disappointed that Tesla didn't hide the Devamper in a copy of The Invisible Man or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes? The entire time they were in Magnus's library, I was like 'Head over to Arthur Conan Doyle, people!' Le sigh.

Someone needs to track down Druitt and inform him Tesla's no longer immortal. I think Druitt would actually be kind of irritated: here's this obnoxious little know-it-all that he can no longer push off of skyscrapers. How's he supposed to let off steam without maiming Tesla?

And for that matter, I'm crying foul on the whole 'teen vamps take down Tesla' thing. The man hobnobbed with Sherlock Holmes and spent an inordinate amount of time ****ing off Jack the Ripper: you don't do either without picking up some skills. Though that shot of Tesla getting hit by a car was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
                  Yes he was monologuing and that shot just cried out for a rection shot from Helen
                  ----------------------------
                  You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Why would Tesla make a device that would harm himself, He tends to plan around things, what if this is a rouse to get Helen off his sent for a later plan
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Watching the episode, so haven't read the thread yet...

* Funny how appealing Tesla is, despite his arrogance. He's so pleased with his own genius, it gives him tunnel vision, though. I mean, even I could've worked out that if he used smug, spoilt, bratty kids, he'd end up with smug, spoilt, bratty vampires. Silly Tesla.

* Also, given the scale of the problem - the resurgence of the most dangerous abnormal ever to walk the earth - shouldn't Magnus really have recalled Henry and the Big Guy?

* And, what, Tesla made the de-vamper work from both ends? Well that was just...not...smart. I'm disappointed in you, Nikola...

* Magnetism. Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                        * Magnetism. Huh.
                        I'm with you there.
                        Immediately I thought; oh great another Magneto?

I really liked Tesla as a Vampire, you gotta admit, being the last of an amazing race; you'd try to help your race from being exstinct.
                        There's gotta be a way Helen can bring out the Vampire in Tesla. She got her hands on 'untampered vampire blood' before, there has to be another way.

....future thought.....Tesla gets the blood back from the Cabal and gets Ashley back on the way out....just imagining here...
                        Last edited by Tiger; 25 December 2009, 05:44 PM.
                        O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

that source blood has to be somewhere

i'mnot ready to call tesla permanently devamped

i think devamping is like death - only temporary in scifi land
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why if the teenagers were vampires and the source blood was vampire blood they didn't take their blood?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              that source blood has to be somewhere

i'mnot ready to call tesla permanently devamped

i think devamping is like death - only temporary in scifi land
                              100% agree! I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another adventure with Tesla, Magnus and Druitt off to get the blood again. I don't believe for a second that Tesla will just give up his Vampdom, no matter how cool his electromagnetism may be.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                                Actually, a triple helix model was considered before the double helix model. Perhaps the Nobel prize winners who proposed/discovered the double helix model (their names slip my mind) were using source blood when they were thinking of the triple helix model!
                                You mean Dr. James Watson? (No, I'm not taking the mickey).
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X