End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
    I have to say I really liked the premier of the new season but there are some problems:

Spoiler:
    1. The new girl, bad acting straight up. She should have died in the car. If someone has a dot on you it means all they have to do is pull the trigger and your dead. It does not mean that you have enough time to open a car door, jump out a car, leap STRAIGHT VERTICAL and over and wall, and then take cover with nigh but a leg wound. I also don't get how she managed to get all the way to the Sanctuary on a bad leg and the Cabal operatives didn't bother to pursue and catch her?

2. The interrogation: FAIL. Way to get absolutely nothing done. I personally work with non-violent interrogation methods in my workplace. They work better and make people like you more. There are many routes to pursue, they could have found out people (she gave them her real name) she is related to or associated with and tell them who she is or what she does, shame is a powerful motivator. They could have offered more money, they could have established a baseline psych profile and used it (i.e. daddy touched me there, therefor I'm a soulless ***** who kidnaps people for money) and finally they could have out waited and threatened. Secondly if they are not going for non-violent then shoot the *****. Magnus is a DOCTOR she could easily find a place to shoot her so she would bleed a lot but not have any lasting damage. Make her more afraid of you then she is of the Cabal. That half-and-half crap did nothing but look like a bad TV interrogation.

3. Henry, please man, come on, she told you she was going to escape and she dropped the bar in her crotch for god's sake. You are literally retarded and should probably be left with crayons and coloring books for the rest of this show after that.

4. Did anyone else find the Ashley transformation scenes creepily erotic? The intense cleavage and close angles gave me a gross old lady on trapped young girl vibe that the "I had a daughter thing" really didn't explain away.

5. BACKWARDS Eclan sights on MP7's!>!>! NO! A 4x scope meant for distance use should not be on that gun EVER, and it was BACKWARDS!

6. Why did Will pull a pistol on Ashley when he had a submachinegun on him? Maybe she can survive two 9mm to the arms (a big guy on coke would shrug that off too) but could she survive a 30 round mag to the face? I'm never going anywhere remotely dangerous with Will after this, knowing his preference he would probably bring a corkscrew to a knife fight.
    I agree with some of your points, but could you please leave out the character bashing? There are many ways to say that you didn't like Henry's actions without resorting to name calling. Just sayin'.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

1287 caps from the first episode

http://sanctuary-caps.com/
      SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/includ...commentary.mp3

Ep 201 commentary!!!

Have no way to mute the ep on the computer. Need to copy it so I can watch it on the tv on mute and listen to the commentary.

Thanks for the link RoX!

suse
        Curious as to what player you're using that doesn't have a mute option?

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          Curious as to what player you're using that doesn't have a mute option?
          Operator error.

Found the mute.

sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

only bad thing i can say is that Essex isn't some sleepy village in a lush green mountain range ( well it wasn't the last time i looked out the window behind me)
            Lol, i definately agree that Essex certainly doesnt look like this
            http://sanctuary-caps.com/displayima...bum=25&pos=662
            (Wasnt for me either)

Overall though, very good season opener and Im interested to see how the rest of the season pans out

Comment

i just watched this in uk cause it wasnt advertised at all for itv4 so i had to catch repeat and i have to say i cant blame them for not advertising it, it really was the most diabolical episode

before you call me a hater i enjoyed the first series of sanctuary,though it was a bit hit and miss but had alot of potential, but this episode stank of it trying to be something its not, namely 24
              WTF was up with those blackouts, i counted 13 in one episode, well actually mostly in the second half, and not even at the end of the scene where they are supposed to be, but in the middle, hell when helen shot at kate it completly sucked the drama out, and what was the point of the car chase it was completly out of place in this show and not only that but the two cars just followed each other in a straight BLOODEY LINE. Also the episode was obvious, the dialogue atrocious and what they are doing with ashlee is the same is what they did with ford, didnt write anything for them in the first series and so makes them go evil so they can be killed and written out of the show.

Kate is clearly meant to replace ashley as she does the same role except that shes whiney and annoying, plus there is no way henry would have fallen for that, not that quickly

the only saving grace were the two cabel women, which in a show were they are supposed to be the bad guys, is very worrying.

Seriously i loved sanctuary season one but after that amateur, ridicously poor episode this show has one episode to improve or i stop watching forever

PS the bit with essex actually insulted me, would it hurt to look at google maps instead of assuming its a little village, and that all british are posh farmers with horses oh my days

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

I liked the split-screen stuff. And everything else. Next ep is soon!
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

i like when Will got on Magnus about spending so much time with Druitt.

"You should stop hanging around with Jack the Ripper. It's effecting you manners somewhat."
                  Last edited by AresLover452; 29 October 2009, 07:58 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Another thing.

If Tesla is so smart how come he didn't turn the cure into a gaseous state and disseminate it in the air just to get Bigfoot to take it. that would be quick, simple, effective. Though I can understand how the cure would be more effective in a liquid form instead of a gas state.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yahoo! Just watched this ep for the first time and I adore Tesla so much more now. I love the scene where Will is web-camming with Clara and Tesla just stands there with the empty bottle.

Tesla: "Your shaggy friend is still refusing treatment, and frankly, I'm insulted." (crosses his arms)
                      Will: "Oh, right, yeah, because I forgot, this is all about you."
                      Tesla: "I have spent weeks creating a working treatment for the Lazarus virus. I spent weeks more traveling the earth, disseminating it to the affected abnormals, effectively stemming an outbreak, and in the end, the creep in the room with the hair doesn't wanna take his medicine!"

And the whole Huggy Bear thing. I had to rewind and watch that whole conversation twice.

Comment

Just watched this one. First episode I've ever seen. Wee bit confused. But it was good.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                          Just watched this one. First episode I've ever seen. Wee bit confused. But it was good.
                          You should watch season 1, or at least the last 2 eps of s01 lol

Comment

Just got my dvd set yesterday wioohoo was so tired that I only could watch The first Part of End of Night, but it was awesome! Everything was said so i dont repeat everything, but I love this show now even more than season one! way to go..
                            sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice the use of Beethoven's Fur Elise as a theme for the doctor with Ashley? The first scene she puts FE on from her phone. Then each scene with the two of them has it in the backround.

Must really like FE cos they used it for a second on the season three episode Animus. When Henry fixes the radio you hear it.

Comment

Holy handgrenades. What an explosive episode! I'm on pins and needles to see what happens to Ashley. If they can manage to turn her back, she will be quite the asset to the Sanctuary, even more than she was before. I really hope they don't have to kill her.
                                Signature by Glitch33.
                                sigpic
                                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X