No announcement yet.

End of Nights, Part 1 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow..... what an opener..... only bad thing i can say is that Essex isn't some sleepy village in a lush green mountain range ( well it wasn't the last time i looked out the window behind me)

The rest was just brilliant.... LOVED the Martin Wood line, had to rewind and play that bit again.

Really liked the fight scene between Father and Daughter.... specialy how Ash starts a kick, only to finish it after 'jumping' across the warehouse.

Amanda really kicked it out the park at the end... the way she begged Druitt to take her back to the warehouse....

I was at Haven 1 a couple of weekends ago... and something EU hinted at there made me think about Ashley's screentime this season

Spoiler:
    Apparently EU has had some kind of health problem recently, resulting in a major operation she had to go through...... makes me think TPTB have had Ashley go off on her own for a few episodes to let EU recover from whatever it was.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      I just finished watching/listening and it's great!! It's another M.A.D. commentary (Martin, Amanda & Damian)
      Originally posted by kes View Post
      I'm laughing so hard!
      I got listen to this while watching the ep LOL
      M.A.D. is right. They are nutty! Much more even distribution of talking this time, methinks. They definitely gave me the giggles. And a few outright guffaws.

It was very hard to figure out where they were sometimes. All I have is my lappy at the moment so couldn't listen *and* watch.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i had the sme problm suse. i was like... uhh so what are we talking about now?! lol
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
          that definetely was pretty special, though that does not look like any part of essex ive been to, but obviously it wasn't and i'm not expecting them to fly over here for not even a minute of tv
          I live in Essex and it's the flattest part of the UK so as soon as I saw the hills I laughed!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Don't know if it should go here or in most recent episode thread or spoiler thread? Sometimes I get lost in here

One possibility

Spoiler:
            I think Bigfoot could be the one who dies and that Ashley is the one to kill him while she is under the Cabal control. As far as affecting other sanctuaries and the team...this is possible if you really interpret "affecting all the sanctuaries" part loosely. If Ashley is the one that kills Bigfoot it would obviously put her in a tailspin emotionally when she becomes normal again and realizes what she did. This would force her to leave the sanctuary in order to try to get herself together, so to speak. Her leaving would also mean Sanctuary losing their biggest "gun" to protect all the other sanctuaries. The abnormal (can't remember his name) that Magnus tried to get info out of in the premiere actually made the statement that having Ashley gone has been good for abnormals like him. This could be what they mean by affecting the other sanctuaries. If Emilie had to be out because of an illness, this to me would be a way to cover for that. Of course, maybe I too, am just grasping at straws and hoping that she is not the one that gets killed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              wow..... what an opener..... only bad thing i can say is that Essex isn't some sleepy village in a lush green mountain range ( well it wasn't the last time i looked out the window behind me)

The rest was just brilliant.... LOVED the Martin Wood line, had to rewind and play that bit again.

Really liked the fight scene between Father and Daughter.... specialy how Ash starts a kick, only to finish it after 'jumping' across the warehouse.

Amanda really kicked it out the park at the end... the way she begged Druitt to take her back to the warehouse....

I was at Haven 1 a couple of weekends ago... and something EU hinted at there made me think about Ashley's screentime this season

Spoiler:
              Apparently EU has had some kind of health problem recently, resulting in a major operation she had to go through...... makes me think TPTB have had Ashley go off on her own for a few episodes to let EU recover from whatever it was.
              awe i wonder what was wrong. poor kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                That was....kind of awesome. Way better than I was expecting anyway.

Ashley's new vampire thing was super cool, but as one who hopes she does go back to being on the good side at some point, I have to wonder exactly how the writers are going to finangle that what with her DNA being rewritten or whatever.

I won't even think about the science on that one because it'll just make me irrationally angry.

Still love Henry although he needs to be less gullible.

I already hate the new girl. She needs to disappear and take her cocky, stupidly wise-cracking, talking too much, and thinking too little type persona with her. GAH! She grates on the nerves like WOAH!
                I really like the show but I was a bit upset with Henry's actions as well. It was like there was a huge whole in the writing and they were like, I know Henry is suddenly struck dumb!

Have to say I am not into the new girl but I am not sure if it is her acting or perhaps poor direction. All scenes with her were a tad off. Her energy and pace in the show did not match the rest of the cast. It was like a sore thumb. Now this could be poor direction, when an actor is not in step with the rest of the cast a director needs to see that and fix it.

All the parts with her did not have the true Sanctuary feel, not to mention her banter was delivered in an over the top fashion. And her dialog was kinda lame. "It's a fun game you really wanna play??"

I mean please!! We have gone from witty Tesla to this chick.

I love the fact that Will is having a relationship, and that Tesla was back. (I love his character!!!) I liked that Helen lost control however there were too many senses with her walking away in angry. It got to the point that I was tired of seeing her back.

Also I really wanted Magnus to slap Will for telling her that her manners suck since she has been hanging out with John. Hello her freakin daughter has been stolen! Any mother would kill to get their child out of harms way.

Cannot wait to see more of this season!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Ok I finally got to sit down and watch, and all I have to say is fabulous! Totally fabulous!

All right, that's not all I have to say. Love the Helen-John banter searching for Ashley. Helen being so panicked just breaks my heart!

Speaking of that, Henry begging Bigfoot to take the drugs just about killed me too! The tears and the pain and the anguish... they should just hold him down and make him do it! I don't want him to die!

That "doctor" working on Ashley was totally creepifying! She was just crazy! And what they did to Ashley is just insane! I couldn't even recognize her! I hope they can fix the poor girl. I don't think Helen could take that loss.

Overall, totally fantastic! I loved it! I can't wait until Friday!
                  sigpic

Comment

This may be giong out on a limb here but here goes. You recall the cabal doctor who worked on ashley said that she either has or had a daughter. I also recall the doctor walking with dana for that brief moment. I kinda wonder if dana is that doctor's daughter. What do you guys think?

Comment

i rewatched the premier last night. i was struck even harder with how amanda played this one scene...

it's when helen and john are sitting outside at night, with the huge moon in the background. i LOVE the way amanda played this... she seemed so lonely and lost... *fangirl squees. and throws in a hug too*
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                        This may be giong out on a limb here but here goes. You recall the cabal doctor who worked on ashley said that she either has or had a daughter. I also recall the doctor walking with dana for that brief moment. I kinda wonder if dana is that doctor's daughter. What do you guys think?
                        I very highly doubt it. The doctor said that her daughter hadn't survived, and that if she had, she would be about Ashley's age. And Dana's *way* older than Ashley is!
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                          Ok I finally got to sit down and watch, and all I have to say is fabulous! Totally fabulous!

All right, that's not all I have to say. Love the Helen-John banter searching for Ashley. Helen being so panicked just breaks my heart!

Speaking of that, Henry begging Bigfoot to take the drugs just about killed me too! The tears and the pain and the anguish... they should just hold him down and make him do it! I don't want him to die!

That "doctor" working on Ashley was totally creepifying! She was just crazy! And what they did to Ashley is just insane! I couldn't even recognize her! I hope they can fix the poor girl. I don't think Helen could take that loss.

Overall, totally fantastic! I loved it! I can't wait until Friday!
                          I totally agree. That dr was a freak! I was scared everytime she was on the screen. I kept hoping that she would try and free Ashley, but no! She is a fruit loop like Dana.

BTW like Dana's new hair do! But can we please loosen her skirt so she can take bigger steps?

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                          Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I have to say I really liked the premier of the new season but there are some problems:

1. The new girl, bad acting straight up. She should have died in the car. If someone has a dot on you it means all they have to do is pull the trigger and your dead. It does not mean that you have enough time to open a car door, jump out a car, leap STRAIGHT VERTICAL and over and wall, and then take cover with nigh but a leg wound. I also don't get how she managed to get all the way to the Sanctuary on a bad leg and the Cabal operatives didn't bother to pursue and catch her?

2. The interrogation: FAIL. Way to get absolutely nothing done. I personally work with non-violent interrogation methods in my workplace. They work better and make people like you more. There are many routes to pursue, they could have found out people (she gave them her real name) she is related to or associated with and tell them who she is or what she does, shame is a powerful motivator. They could have offered more money, they could have established a baseline psych profile and used it (i.e. daddy touched me there, therefor I'm a soulless ***** who kidnaps people for money) and finally they could have out waited and threatened. Secondly if they are not going for non-violent then shoot the *****. Magnus is a DOCTOR she could easily find a place to shoot her so she would bleed a lot but not have any lasting damage. Make her more afraid of you then she is of the Cabal. That half-and-half crap did nothing but look like a bad TV interrogation.

3. Henry, please man, come on, she told you she was going to escape and she dropped the bar in her crotch for god's sake. You are literally retarded and should probably be left with crayons and coloring books for the rest of this show after that.

4. Did anyone else find the Ashley transformation scenes creepily erotic? The intense cleavage and close angles gave me a gross old lady on trapped young girl vibe that the "I had a daughter thing" really didn't explain away.

5. BACKWARDS Eclan sights on MP7's!>!>! NO! A 4x scope meant for distance use should not be on that gun EVER, and it was BACKWARDS!

6. Why did Will pull a pistol on Ashley when he had a submachinegun on him? Maybe she can survive two 9mm to the arms (a big guy on coke would shrug that off too) but could she survive a 30 round mag to the face? I'm never going anywhere remotely dangerous with Will after this, knowing his preference he would probably bring a corkscrew to a knife fight.
                            sigpic
                            In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                            "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                              6. Why did Will pull a pistol on Ashley when he had a submachinegun on him? Maybe she can survive two 9mm to the arms (a big guy on coke would shrug that off too) but could she survive a 30 round mag to the face?
                              Maybe killing her wasn't his first choice in case of a fight. Not everybody is that trigger happy.
                              sigpic

Comment

The idea wasn't to kill her. They want to save her.
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X