Normandy (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RTechnik View Post
    Tesla was too valuable to ber sent to the France, and Will's grandfather as one of the paratroopers could Helen be his Gradmother?
    speaking of will's grandfather... tesla was the *only* one of the five to know a zimmerman was involved in their mission. would he be able to put it together with 'will', who knows? helen never heard the name of the commander that was killed, and she never saw his face either, so she never knew she met will's grandfather. kind of sad
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      speaking of will's grandfather... tesla was the *only* one of the five to know a zimmerman was involved in their mission. would he be able to put it together with 'will', who knows? helen never heard the name of the commander that was killed, and she never saw his face either, so she never knew she met will's grandfather. kind of sad
      I guess that kind of gives new meaning for the scene in Revelations where Will is introduced to Tesla, who says "Ah, the mission's necessary disposable item". Maybe he was referencing back to this incident.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
        1- I can't see Helen and Watson as a couple.
        2- What's wrong with this woman??? Is she trying all the men in the group??? How stupid is that.
        i could see them together. (and she's only been with john and james, not all four)

john is her true love, but james was the one that was there for her, and was a nice and normal man... it's like how i could see cuddy falling for wilson, after putting up with house's mental and anti social crapola. (<-- that's from the series 'house')

3- I think that this episode was just a build-up.
        i didn't even think about that, until others on the live viewing thread said about this being part one. i guess that makes sense, now, being as there was no explanation why all of this was taking place in the past.

4- After this episode, I really really like Watson and the actor is so talented. I felt his agony. WOW!!!!
        all the actors of the 5 are top notch!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
          And now we know why Helen was so interested in Will in the first place.

''He won't be forgotten'' she says...
          woah, you're right. i didn't make that connection!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
            Well some Thompson where sent over lend lease there's a famous pic of Churchill toting one - i suspect that Helen gets the pic of the crop the early stens where a bit cheap and chearfull and prone to going off if you looked at them in the wrong way.
            what???
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              I guess that kind of gives new meaning for the scene in Revelations where Will is introduced to Tesla, who says "Ah, the mission's necessary disposable item". Maybe he was referencing back to this incident.
              Great connection KayLyne. There are so many great continuation bits in this episode.

Comment

All right, some thoughts:

1. Not a fan of WWII era in general.
                2. NO HENRY!
                3. Robin Dunne as Will's grandfather--sketchy idea at best.
                4. Helen and James as an item--not a fan of that pairing. What? Is she doing the rounds like some teen-ager?
                5. Can see why James & John are not BFFs.
                6. Was confused as to the why for this ep. Did I miss something in the beginning--Helen having a dream, talking to the others about some object or other, or some other reason?
                7. I agree, would've been better without the randomness and as a two part (although, I'm not a huge fan of that idea--see #2)
                8-∞. NO HENRY! I miss my RyRo and now I have to wait two more weeks after not seeing him in the last two eps! By then, I'll be out of town for three weeks, staying with my mom who is not a fan of sci-fi to begin with. Will have to get my Henry fix with S1 & S2 on Netflix. **goes off to pout in corner about lack of Henry**
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I may be a minority here, but I was slightly disappointed with the episode. I think it would've been great to perhaps do a two-episode special, to maxamise on the budget they spent on ....

Wait, next episode is called Carentan isn't it? Because isn't that the village they were in?? So maybe it is related to this episode :/

Anyway, basically I felt they needed a bigger budget to make it work... I felt like it was just missing something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Nitpicky things: Helen's wig (looked cheap), and her French... ugh! I wonder if she had a pronunciation coach, because even then she was mumbling and her acting in that bit was really bad too (she was trying to act all innocent and girlish). But yeah, that was cringe worthy.
                  The German at the start was funny too, I'm interested if the guy that James Watson was talking to was German because my sister couldn't tell.

Oh, and how hilariously annoying was the German commander? He was such a bad actor, going squeeling "I'M SUCH A FAN!!" like a school girl, and his fake german accent... eek.

Edit: maybe Carenten is about Will and Helen going tback to Carenten to recover the fire elemental?

Comment

that's what i'm thinking Julian

that the next episode carries on from this one, with the fire elemental
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      4. Helen and James as an item--not a fan of that pairing. What? Is she doing the rounds like some teen-ager?
                      I've seen a number of people at various places ask that same question, and I have to wonder why. We've seen her express her love & affection around all of the members of The Five. But from what we've seen & heard, Helen didn't have a romantic relationship with Griffin, Tesla, or even Adam Worth. (She did, however, mention watching the sunrise with one of The Beatles!) Plus, considering that Helen's lived long enough for two lifetimes, I'd say she's earned the right to have at least two or more serious relationships. It's better than characters these days who have a "fling of the week".

As I see it, John & Helen have a true love that will always keep them connected, plus they will forever be connected through Ashley. However, with John's penchant for evil - and him being prone to disappearing for long periods of time - Helen turned to comfort & affection from a trusted friend who was always around, had similar interests, knew the history of Helen & John, as well as being a friend to both previously. Even in this day & age, we see that type of love occurring all the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post

Edit: maybe Carenten is about Will and Helen going tback to Carenten to recover the fire elemental?
                        oh, that's a good way of tying in the two eps!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

this episode was great. By far, one of the best.

Comment

IMO, this was a wonderful episode. Very well done, and I loved seeing Helen and her old team in action together. The revelation about Will's grandfather was great.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it was interesting to see more of Helen's origin story

Comment

The 5 yayyyy!!

Great epsiode, the music was fantastic.. Kudos!

James/ Helen relationship - would not have seen it if they didn't point it out... I see them more as friends then anything.

Loved Tesla catchung the bad Guy XD

John having his own Agenda... no suprise there

Griffin - Great! hes so dry! great acting

Will as his G/Father - thought it was a bit sketchy.... but turned out to be pretty decent

Helen Speaking French... *giggles*
                                sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X