• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    loved the ep!

~needed more helen~

what?
    I know this hard to believe but their are people who like other characters more then Helen? Shouldn't those characters be able to shine as well and put Helen in the background for an episode or two?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think we're very lucky that amanda is far from a glory hound and is more than willing to let others shine.

In fact, that's how rick used to be from all i ever heard. If there was a scene and it made more sense for someone else to say a line rather than jack, he was like fine. no biggie

i think amanda is the same way. and given as many hats as she wears, i'm sure she's more than happy to let the other actors have lines while she takes the time to edit or produce or other stuff
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I know this hard to believe but their are people who like other characters more then Helen? Shouldn't those characters be able to shine as well and put Helen in the background for an episode or two?
        there are 'other' characters?...
        sally

sigpic

Comment

so i started to review the ep, but i realized i needed to see it again to do a good job. (and that staying up late is murder for me with my work schedule)

just random:

i didn't get the 'twilight' reference, b/c 1- i haven't seen the movies , and 2- i have a LOT of trouble hearing dialog on this show (or) channel. so does my mom. it might be my tv... just very muffled sometimes. anyhoo, i couldn't hear what biggie said, and then after reading here, i still wouldn't have known.

also didn't know the hockey player or author. hmmm, maybe i really don't get out enough

LOVED helen catching that baseball! mom laughed out loud.

helen's cleared, she's officially head of house, and wexford's got a spanking and doesn't get to play in the sanctuary sandbox anymore!

oh, did declan 'know' that this verdict was coming, and that's why helen called him a cheeky ba**ard?

poor will. but very nice seeing him in his boxer briefs. i didn't know robin was so defined.

the whitey abnormals were cool. but were they trying to erase will's memories, or ignite them b/c they were following gregory's request/orders?

and i agree, sky, biggie felt more human-ish. i don't mind letting up on the grunties.

wexford's not done with helen. ah oh.

very interesting in this mini, magical city. can't wait to find out more about it.

oh, and more helen.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

there are 'other' characters?...
            I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Overall, I thought Firewall was rather good.

-Loved how Wexford was outed from the organization...finally. Bout time. I can see him aligning with any baddies in future eps now.

-Loved the softie in Biggie with him reading Nicholas Sparks. I wonder if he tears up during the sad parts of those books.

-Loved Henry geeking out over the 'alien mind probe'. Hee! Was laughing at the end when he was astounded by the city that appeared and couldnt believe his eyes, but could still entertain thoughts of aliens from other planets.

Wasn't overly fond of the leotard-clad abnormals. Costumes just didnt do it for me. Guess I should be happy that at least there were no noticeable 'panty-lines'.

General question, but did Kate seem different to anyone in this episode? Toward the end of S2, she seemed to mellow out and fit into the Sanctuary more with the rest of the team, shedding her old ways in a sense. In this one, she seemed back to her 'street-smart' ways and her silly one-liners. As if the chip on her shoulder had returned or whatever and she had to act 'tough' again. Was rather disappointed to see her regressing so much when I thought she was beginning to mature and move on from her past.
              Great review.

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
              LOL Very true, I agree with you they need signs but I know the Sanctuary is huge..it's just the episode last night like stepped right up and said, 'Do you realize HOW huge we are?' It just struck me last night during the episode, seemed like there was no end to the thing. LOL

Course now you gotta wander exactly HOW much is Helen worth? She's got money, that we found out about.
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              she must have it well hidden.

multiple accounts in multiple places and possibly under multiple names
              Well, she's smart so I imagine she's been saving for over 100 years. But how does she keep these accounts and change them? I mean after a while she has to do something with them? Also, what about her drivers license, how does she get it renewed and what not?

loved the ep!

~needed more helen~

what?
              They should do a spin off show, "The Helen Magnus Show".

I think we're very lucky that amanda is far from a glory hound and is more than willing to let others shine.

In fact, that's how rick used to be from all i ever heard. If there was a scene and it made more sense for someone else to say a line rather than jack, he was like fine. no biggie

i think amanda is the same way. and given as many hats as she wears, i'm sure she's more than happy to let the other actors have lines while she takes the time to edit or produce or other stuff
              Well said, that's Amanda for us. I mean, she could be a snotty actress, and after all she was on the a show that ran for 10 years, but she's not like that at all. She's thankful for every single thing and I think that's one of the things I admire most about her. She's not in the business for the money, she enjoys what she's doing and that's the reason for it. Needless to say, it's allowing her to stay in the city she's lived in for the past 12-13 years and raise a family as well, that's the other bonus she's mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Great review.

Well, she's smart so I imagine she's been saving for over 100 years. But how does she keep these accounts and change them? I mean after a while she has to do something with them? Also, what about her drivers license, how does she get it renewed and what not?

They should do a spin off show, "The Helen Magnus Show".

Well said, that's Amanda for us. I mean, she could be a snotty actress, and after all she was on the a show that ran for 10 years, but she's not like that at all. She's thankful for every single thing and I think that's one of the things I admire most about her. She's not in the business for the money, she enjoys what she's doing and that's the reason for it. Needless to say, it's allowing her to stay in the city she's lived in for the past 12-13 years and raise a family as well, that's the other bonus she's mentioned.
                I never meant that Amanda Tapping was an actress who just wants to dominate the screen just that the characters should be embraced beside the lead. Its a problem I've noticed in the past with Sanctuary. Neglecting the supporting in favor of the lead. Luckly so far S3 hasn't done that.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

so i started to review the ep, but i realized i needed to see it again to do a good job. (and that staying up late is murder for me with my work schedule)
                  Makes it all worth it, eh?

just random:

i didn't get the 'twilight' reference, b/c 1- i haven't seen the movies , and 2- i have a LOT of trouble hearing dialog on this show (or) channel. so does my mom. it might be my tv... just very muffled sometimes. anyhoo, i couldn't hear what biggie said, and then after reading here, i still wouldn't have known.
                  CH was in the movies, and played the character of Marcus.

LOVED helen catching that baseball! mom laughed out loud.
                  I loved that. Did you see the face Helen made walking down the hall to her office before that happened? She made a crooked grin that reminded me of Sam.

helen's cleared, she's officially head of house, and wexford's got a spanking and doesn't get to play in the sanctuary sandbox anymore!
                  That was the main thing I wanted to see this season. And Wexford got pwned.

oh, did declan 'know' that this verdict was coming, and that's why helen called him a cheeky ba**ard?
                  Maybe he didn't know for sure, but had a gut feeling since he knows who Helen is, and all the facts that happened with Kali. Loved Helens line.

poor will. but very nice seeing him in his boxer briefs. i didn't know robin was so defined.

wexford's not done with helen. ah oh.
                  If he comes back, she'll own him again.

very interesting in this mini, magical city. can't wait to find out more about it.

oh, and more helen.
                  I can't wait to read your review for Breach.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Wexford can hardly go to the general public. Can you imagine the reaction of the clueless peeps!

I'm more thinking of him going to work with those who whose to compete with the Sanctuary network. Compete or want to tear down. And he totally would. I'll bet HE feels betrayed.
                    Hmm, I wonder if
                    Spoiler:
                    he'll end up teaming up with Ian Tracy's character, since he's suppose to be the new bad guy this year.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Glad I'm not the only who was regarding when/how often Gregory was seen in the past.

I'm not so sure that the abnormals were trying to erase Will's memory. Though they might have been, if they hadn't wanted Gregor to get that information to Helen. Hmmmmmm. Something to discuss/anticipate! Yay!
                    Well I figured they were targeting Will for a reason. If it was to just get useful information I'd think Helen would be their primary target, but they chose Will who was the only one with memories of what happened in that temple. Considering the settings on their device they were either going to induce Will to recall those memories, or erase them. I think they were trying to stop Will from remembering Gregory's message, probably to protect the power and technology of that city from being found.

Declan did set up that conference call, I figure he arranged the vote to kick out Wexford and more firmly reinstate Helen.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Yes he did! Wondering how many understood the reference beyond Canadians? For those of you who don't know, Sidney Crosby is a famous hockey player and just happened to score the winning goal in overtime to win the gold medal for Canada in Olympic Mens Hockey. Wonder if that was scripted or ad-libbed and what the timing of writing or filming the episode was in relation to the Olympics.
                      Acctually, I'm a rabid hockey fan that was born and bred in Ohio and grew up a Pittsburgh Penguins fans. Somebody with have to ask RR at a convention about it.
                      Last edited by mandogater; 23 October 2010, 10:05 PM.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I never meant that Amanda Tapping was an actress who just wants to dominate the screen just that the characters should be embraced beside the lead. Its a problem I've noticed in the past with Sanctuary. Neglecting the supporting in favor of the lead. Luckly so far S3 hasn't done that.
                        Oh, I know, I know, I just felt like saying it.

Comment

A great episode. Loved seeing wexford get what he deserved. You guys think wexford will cause more trouble this season? Loved the city at the end. You guys don't think they will end up naming the city atlantis do you?

Comment

Ahhhh! what an awesome episode! Where to begin. i'm so much more impressed with this one then i was with last weeks

Pro's:
                            - the whole frist camera pan from Helen treating Declan all the way to the end talk with Will.. Great shot!
                            - Kate knowing all the accounts.. cracked me up
                            - Will's mood swings and the baseball to the wall....which leads to me to Magnus catching that awesome baseball throw
                            - Kate : "I need money".. cracked me right up
                            - Biggie reading Twilight.. such a fanboy and Reading Nicholas Sparks
                            and biggies "Sweet Dreams".. oh oh! and the fact that he WEARS GLASSES! XD
                            - The conferance call and the "Cheeky *******" line.. was great
                            - "can you feel that?" "your finger in my ear?!" ahaha loved the humor
                            - "and the crowd goes wild!.. three words please?!" "well done Henry!"
                            - The end scene witht he semi -holigraphic city.. was awesome!

Cons:
                            - the costumes for the creepy dudes lol
                            - and the burning scene! ahhhh horrifically werid!
                            - theme music.. still can't get used to it!!

i am a little confused about the whole seeing Gregory a few decades before Warriors... that just seems strange to me becuase Magnus's reaction to seeing him, so did not match that... and to be honest i thought he was cro frozen that's how the Cabal got to him....

overall fantastic episode can't wait for next week!!!
                            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Having just watched the newest episode, I thought I wasn't going to be wowed - boy was I wrong.
                              Think my favourite line was when Helen looked at Declan and said "Cheeky *******"...way better than cheeky monkey but I somehow don't think that would be appropriate to wear on a t shirt!
                              Three words - Well done Anthem! The graphics are just wicked.
                              Kinda liked Helen's reference to the coffee again - but really....comparing drinking coffee to political favours?? No comparison.
                              Biggie was brilliant - loved his glasses and the Twilight reference...even though I have never seen/read the series.
                              Terrance getting put in his place - he is so not a happy camper and it wouldn't surprise me if he had something devious up his sleeve...I wonder if it's more a personal vendetta against Helen rather than just his hunger for power? Either way, it was so cool to see him pulled down a peg or three. So glad he's no longer head of any house.
                              Henry and his doohickeys - gotta love Henry and how he just lights up with his big boy toys! Loved the "Magnus slinger"...hope they keep the name.
                              Kate - cute...simply cute.
                              Helen - what can I say...full of "naw-ness" for Helen is me.
                              I didn't really like the little white abnormals....reminded me of the little white peoples from the SG ep "False Step". I'm kinda wondering if they live a little like a phoenix...maybe them burning up was a way for them to escape...burn up and go invisible and leave the crispy shell of their bodies behind....perhaps we may yet see them again. Were they bad abnormals?? Or just misunderstood? Who knows.

But all in all, I loved the episode. Am hoping to be totally wowed again next week.
                              Um jel....you do realise that Sally was saying that as a joke...in jest...not seriously...in fun?? Just thought maybe someone should point that out. I'm sure there was no intention of offending anyone who likes the other characters or any suggestion in any serious way to imply that other characters not be given the same opportunity to shine as Helen does. Sally just loves Helen....a lot...and was just having fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tesla return. And John. *sighs*
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Jel

I never meant that you or anyone was saying Amanda was 'bad' in any way. I just think of shows like CSI MIami, where Caruso inserts himself in as many scenes as possible, where he's dong things that aren't his job, just so that his character 'saves the day' in any and every way imaginable...honestly if his people were so incompetant that they couldn't do their jobs without horatio's input, they shouldn't have them.

IMHO, caruso is a glory hound and ego mongerer

amanda is just the opposite, and i think this is why Helen is in a scene when she needs to be there, and if she doesn't need to be there, then she isn't.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X