No announcement yet.

Firewall (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps that will be answered in later episodes. Season 3 is not meant to have fully self-contained episodes.

I do wonder about Wexford. He knows an awful lot about the Sanctuary. He could really do some damage, even with protocols changed.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Perhaps that will be answered in later episodes. Season 3 is not meant to have fully self-contained episodes.

I do wonder about Wexford. He knows an awful lot about the Sanctuary. He could really do some damage, even with protocols changed.
      I'm sorry if that sounded like a compliant. It wasn't. It was a acknowledgement of liking the mystery.

I don't think the general public would believe him if he said anything. Nothing more then a crackpot. Like those people who say they are abducted by aliens
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        This one was even better then last week. It answers those curious questions from Kali III but their is still a lot of ambiguatory of what all this means with a mystery occuring. Why is Gregory in the afterlife? Is he dad? Why is the importance of the city? So many question. So few answers. The one major compliant is not knowing where the invisible abnormals came from and why.
        That was the only thing that bugged me too. But not enough to effect my overall enjoyment of the episode.

Comment

Originally Posted by suse

I really enjoyed all but the last 5 minutes or so of the episode. I had a hard time swallowing the whole Michelangelo drawing/crystal thing working, but as soon as Mandy <<waves and thanks>> reminded me this was steampunk, I was okay
          The writers expected this and I thought it was funny how they dealt with it in a very tongue in cheek manner by having Will tell Henry,
          "Just go with it Henry" and Henry's reply that it was impossible.

Comment

I loved how Terrance got the boot so hard there are probably still tread mark on his butt!! and he looked so shocked it was priceless!!
            sigpic

Comment

Like I said on another thread: Wow, what an amazing episode.

It started off strong, and it ended strong. The one thing I wanted to see was Helen become HOH again, and she not only did, but one female HOH made Helen sound great, and the thing I loved seeing just as much was Wexford getting his ass handed to him! And Helen's "Cheeky bas*** line was awesome.

Go Helen.

Boo Wexford!

I liked how the team was doing their best to hide their insecurity about Will, and how they didn't want to hurt him. The scene with Helen and Will alone in her office was cool, because I liked that crooked grin, and how she caught the baseball. Another thing I thought was cool to hear was hearing Biggie make that Twilight/Marcus reference. Those abnormals were creepy, and I like that they had that "out of phase" ability.

Overall it was a fantastic episode, great story, fun, effects and a great ending. I'll review more in my replies.
              Last edited by Rocky89; 23 October 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Holy self-immolation, batman!

I *loved* the character interactions in this one! So many very fast one-liners that are just said, not said and left hanging so we can 'get it'. It's assumed we will. I love intelligent writing.
                That struck me too in this episode. All of the character dialog and character interactions seemed come smoother and with a bit more ease than before to me. Especially in those quite talky opening scenes from Helen and Declan in the infirmary to Helen and Will in his room.

I was a bit confused about Henry saying that previous to Warriors they hadn't seen Gregory in decades. True, but it made it seem less than TEN decades. A century. It was just... odd. Meh, just me.
                Yeah, Henry says the last time they saw him was in Warriors, and then again a couple of decades before that. Doesn't quite match with how Helen reacted to Gregory in Warriors, I hope they explain this funky timeline with him somewhere down the line.

Overall, I thought this ep was wonderful. I loved the follow up with the HOHs with Declan helping to solidify Helen has the head of the network again. 'Currying political favor? I'd rather drink coffee.' Hee. The bits with Kate knowing Helen's bank accounts were also funny, as was Bigfoot apparently being a Nicholas Sparks fan.

The two abnormals were very creepy, esp with the self-immolation part. I think they're maybe connected to the two other super abnormals Will saw and were trying to use that device to erase Will's memory to protect the secret of that cool city. Hats off to Anthem for the effects in that last scene, it looked amazing.

They weren't kidding in those interviews when they said Sanctuary raises the bar this season, I can't wait to see where this arc goes.

sigpic

Comment

Why was this episode named firewall? That was the only thing out of place for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                    Why was this episode named firewall? That was the only thing out of place for me.
                    Will had to break the "firewall" in is subconscious to get the memories and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      the interactive 3d city was awesome!
                      It was amazing, and it looked so real.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      that was great

and i think we have our s3 plot arc
                      Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Excellent Episode! It seems Sanctuary has raised the bar this season. The character interaction was great, we got a great plot, and now a story arc for S3.
                      Duh. I can see the arc of S3 is off to a great start, and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      Totally loved the episode! A terrifically creepy episode which also had a lot of humor in it. Just a few things that stood out to me off the top of my head and in no particular order:
                      --The other heads of house correctly put their faith in Magnus and let her know that by unanimously voting her to stay in charge. Also, they wisely removed Wexford from any command. (That was a no brainer.) But the best - right after the conference call, Helen's "Cheeky *******!" to Declan and her huge grin. GORGEOUS!
                      --My initial thought at watching last week's episode was that the two beings on either side of Kali were like her - abnormals with great power that were probably thought of as gods (just as Bertha was Kali). But maybe these beings aren't equated with gods.
                      --Wonder if we'll get to the bottom of the Creepies. (That's my own nickname for those creatures that were after Will.) Were they simply trying to erase Will's memories? Why come two weeks after the event to do it? Was Will supposed to simply not remember and when someone realized he seemed to be struggling to bring the memory back, the Creepies were sent out to delete it permanently? Could it be possible they were trying to help Will bring the memory back? Deleting the memory seems much more likely. As if the other beings that spoke to Will wanted no trace of their existence.
                      --Loved Helen catching the baseball. Sweet!
                      --So cool to bring back Gregory Magnus! But does his presence in Will's after death experience mean Gregory is dead?!?! NO!
                      --That 3D city was AWESOME. I can't wait to find out more about it.

I'll definitely be watching this episode many more times in the coming week!
                      Damn, great review. I feel a lot came together in this episode, little things from the past, and what not. I loved how Helen caught that ball, it was so cool, and how she knew that baseball player. What was his name?

Holy self-immolation, batman!

I *loved* the character interactions in this one! So many very fast one-liners that are just said, not said and left hanging so we can 'get it'. It's assumed we will. I love intelligent writing.

I really enjoyed all but the last 5 minutes or so of the episode. I had a hard time swallowing the whole Michelangelo drawing/crystal thing working, but as soon as Mandy <<waves and thanks>> reminded me this was steampunk, I was okay.

I was a bit confused about Henry saying that previous to Warriors they hadn't seen Gregory in decades. True, but it made it seem less than TEN decades. A century. It was just... odd. Meh, just me.

I really liked the scene(s) that followed Magnus from the conference call, on to the elevator and into the scene with Will. Well done, Martin!

Did anyone else see the 'alien' thing and think that at some point the legs wold contract and dig in? Glad they didn't go that would.
                      This hour went by faster than last week, because the episode was so cool. As for the orb, and reminded me of a Goa'uld shock grenade, then a Replicator.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                      I loved how Terrance got the boot so hard there are probably still tread mark on his butt!! and he looked so shocked it was priceless!!
                      I was watching that scene, and I was like: OWNED! I even clapped my hands.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      That struck me too in this episode. All of the character dialog and character interactions seemed come smoother and with a bit more ease than before to me. Especially in those quite talky opening scenes from Helen and Declan in the infirmary to Helen and Will in his room.

Yeah, Henry says the last time they saw him was in Warriors, and then again a couple of decades before that. Doesn't quite match with how Helen reacted to Gregory in Warriors, I hope they explain this funky timeline with him somewhere down the line.

Overall, I thought this ep was wonderful. I loved the follow up with the HOHs with Declan helping to solidify Helen has the head of the network again. 'Currying politic favor? I'd rather drink coffee.' Hee. The bits with Kate knowing Helen's bank accounts were also funny, as was Bigfoot apparently being a Nicholas Sparks fan.

The two abnormals were very creepy, esp with the self-immolation part. I think they're maybe connected to the two other super abnormals Will saw and were trying to use that device to erase Will's memory to protect the secret of that cool city. Hats off to Anthem for the effects in that last scene, it looked amazing.

They weren't kidding in those interviews when they said Sanctuary raises the bar this season, I can't wait to see where this arc goes.
                      I was happy to see Declan working with the team, and that he stood by Helen's side when she was face to face with the other heads of the Sanctuary network. Sanctuary most DEFINITELY raised the bar, it's off to a strong start, and I can tell this is gonna be a GREAT season.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      Now the title makes sense to me.
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 23 October 2010, 06:56 AM.

Comment

fantastic episode!! woohoo, so excited about this season. "and the crowd goes wild!" lol. definitely agree with earlier posts -- they hit their stride; they seem comfortable and clearly are having fun with the viewers. love it.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        Damn, great review. I feel a lot came together in this episode, little things from the past, and what not. I loved how Helen caught that ball, it was so cool, and how she knew that baseball palyer. What was his name?
                        Joe DiMaggio! (i'll forgive you if you're canadian )

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        This hour went by faster than last week, because the episode was so cool. As for the orb, and reminded me of a Goa'uld shock grenade, then a Replicator.
                        ya, but even creepier than a replicator with those brain sucking fangs! i thought it was a spider and started thinking it was kali/bertha/makri related, but i checked...only six legs. not sure what to call it. brain bug, or maybe memory mite.
                        Last edited by antigravity; 23 October 2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Biggie's glasses, and how gently he rested them down on his book! I have just started a job in optics, so I was all "nice frame choice... how did they find a bridge wide enough?" Then I started wondering about what optometrist Biggie goes to
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

That was great. Creepy creatures!
                            I cant wait to see where they're going with this, unfortunatly the ep feels a bit like its the middle of something but the next ep doesnt seem to be related
                            Damn, Daddy Magnus is really cryptic (sp) lol

Comment

Just three words...

"I like Marcus."

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Just three words...

"I like Marcus."

das
                                Yep, I loled.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X