No announcement yet.

Instinct (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nothing that special, just another monster movie. I liked it, the presentation and no music score was something different. The beginning was quite boring, but as the action began I didn't notice was there music or not. I don't know what kind of movies you prefer, but "Cloverfield" had its moments, an enjoyable movie. Official trailer

Just like with "Instinct" I had no problems with nausea or such, then again I watched it at home.
    sigpic

Comment

Not a big fan of the shaky camera stuff, but otherwise this was a very good episode.

Liked seeing the human side of Ashley, her interaction with Zack was sweet and I was really sorry to see him bite the dust.

Liked the team feel to this and liked seeing Henry on his first op. But then I like seeing Henry anytime.
      sigpic

Comment

was Henry carrying an human made ARG at the start? Couldnt find pics but will try.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

1. Reporter angle seemed a bit cliched to start with but did have some original elements. Liked the Amy-Zack interplay.

2. Interesting to see an ep from a not-very-sympathetic viewpoint.

3. Really had though Amy had a change of heart, just made me dislike her more when she didn't.

4. However, Helen knows 'all' the tricks!

Solid ep, even if it took me till now to catch it on ITV catchup!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yes, that was the same prop used for ARGs. Damien Kindler produces both shows, so they likely borrow a lot of props from their bigger-budget uncle.

Comment

Thought it was, thank you
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I just saw this ep for the first time...

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                Not a big fan of the shaky camera stuff, but otherwise this was a very good episode.

Liked seeing the human side of Ashley, her interaction with Zack was sweet and I was really sorry to see him bite the dust.

Liked the team feel to this and liked seeing Henry on his first op. But then I like seeing Henry anytime.
                and I was about to say everything that is written here ^

Plus the abnormal was really cool

And... while I naturally didn't like Amy for trying to cross the team I kinda hope we see her again.
                Last edited by AtlantisRules!!!; 18 April 2009, 03:05 PM.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                  And... while I naturally didn't like Amy for trying to cross the team I kinda hope we see her again.
                  I actually hope we don't, but I have a feeling they may decide she makes another good enemy for the Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I actually hope we don't, but I have a feeling they may decide she makes another good enemy for the Sanctuary.
                    Yeah.
                    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                      Yeah.
                      Needed bigger guns but still one of my 3 favorite episodes.

I so want to see what a .50cal M2 does to one of those .
                      sigpic
                      In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                      "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

This was by far one of the best episodes ever. What a gutsy move to have to shoot like that. Everything was in long takes and if one person messed up they had to start over. I thought the two guest actors of Amy and Zack were great. They fit into the story with easy.

Great team work, not so much just MAGNUS, MAGNUS! I was so happy to see Henry in the field, nervous and trying to do a good job. It was an awesome story for him. Also I loved the glimsp we saw of Ashley and how she does not date much because she is so busy.

Was it just me or did will seem green when that guy was asking her on a date. I mean he kinda laughed at her, but why was he being so nosey!

I loved the commentary on this episode, its prolly the best one on the whole DVD set.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

This was an alright episode for me. Not brilliant, but not bad either.

Comment

not exactly a fan of this kind of episodes...with shaking camera and background comments
                            I felt quite akward watching it
                            IMO Henry on the field saved the episode

Comment

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the first season. Kind predictable though, but entertaining nonetheless. I liked the moment between Ashley and Zack.

Comment

Instinct was the only Season 1 episode I didn't like. The reporter (who should have been working with the tabloids) really turned me off.
                                ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X