No announcement yet.

Requiem (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another solid episode from Sanctuary. Very good character moments and some really good acting from Amanda Tapping. The ending was a little predictable. When I saw Will standing next to the Liquid Nitrogen earlier in the ep, I had a feeling they would be using that to save the day or defeat the threat. Overall a great episode. Seems like SGA is not the only one splitting up the team. There was no Ashley in this ep, and only a quick appearance by Henry. I think this show is entertaining because it has a lot of cast and crew from Stargate. It is my cup of Tea afterall.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      On the award thing...if Amanda doesn't get one for her performance in Requiem...then I'll be mighty peeved! There would have to be something seriously wrong with the way the awards are handed out if she misses out here...and I don't say that coz I love the woman...oh no...she was just incredible in the ep. The best!!
      YES!

that's on everything.

I want to see more of this!! Please please please...I want more emotional Helen...in what capacity is no worries...I'll take anything but give me more Helen emotion!! Angry Helen, tough Helen, mad Helen, crazy Helen, happy Helen, sad Helen, tired Helen, frustrated Helen, hurt Helen...you get the picture!
      i love this show, but it's megga strength is helen/amanda. and i want all those things too!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        *cough*Brava*cough*
        ah, you're right! i looked up both words and brava is for the woman, where bravo is for the man.

i don't want to have to remember this!

(edit)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=8&q=bravo

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/brava

the bravo one doesn't say it's for the male, just any performer, but then why have a separate one for a female? oy.
        Last edited by majorsal; 07 December 2008, 08:00 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

This was a brilliant, brilliant episode! I watched it just before bed at 1am and I was worried I might have nightmares! Amanda deserves every acting award I can think of. She was a very convincing crazy. I love, love, LOVED it! More, more, more!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            This was a brilliant, brilliant episode! I watched it just before bed at 1am and I was worried I might have nightmares! Amanda deserves every acting award I can think of. She was a very convincing crazy. I love, love, LOVED it! More, more, more!
            Amanda has impressed me from day one on SG-1!
            sigpic

Comment

About Helen's death and brain damage...I would think stopping breathing at such a depth would give you extra time. Your blood absorbs more gases at that depth. (I'll just ignore what the depth implies for whether a Liq. Nitrogen hose will blow out at that depth when it doesn't even do that at sea level.)

Anyhow, I need to figure out if I'm going to keep staying home with my kids while they are still small or get a job so I can afford Season 1 Sanctuary DVD's when they come out. Decisions, decisions...well, at least I know I'm going to get off the internet and search my son's room for the nightlight bulb he claims he lost before the baby finds it.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

I can't even comment on my favorite parts b/c the *whole episode* was so solid. Dark Magnus was great. AT did a *wonderful* job. It never felt like "here's an actor playing going crazy"--I was totally involved in the character.
                I've commented in the past on Will not being my favorite, but he was really good here.

Comment

OMG I Love Sanctuary Requiem was the best episode so far... the dynamic and everything was just fantastic...
                  I just had to watch it twice

SANCTUARY ROCKS
                  SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

I know I don't comment here much but, I think this episode has just turned me from an interetsed viewer into a full on fan. Don't think a series has ever done that to me so soon after first airing.

Everything about Sanctury is great and, this episode, in particular, just shines.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched it first thing this morning but then I had to go to work...so I was late from watching the ep but I couldn't be that late to post about it...sorry!
                      I think the team out did themselves. I don't know how they are going to better this one. Requiem certainly did not disappoint.
                      Amanda was just awesome. No single word can accurately describe Amanda's performance in this ep.
                      Robin...OMG...I have such a new respect for Robin. It's just grows all the time!
                      Well said Chelle. No way was Requiem a disappoint for Amanda fans, it certainly wasn't to me . I loved every second of it, Amanda just blew me away like never before . I like you said, no single word can accurately describe Amanda's performance, even in my review, and what I've said since, I still don't feel like I've quite illustrated my point . I could on for pages on how amazing Amanda was, but I'd still not quite make my point, also because it'd be considered spamming .

My favourite scene...
                      Spoiler:
                      well I actually have a few favourite scenes but the whole scene where Helen dies...OMG...AMAZING!!
                      And when Helen is fixing the valve thingy and she's got this evil smile...ahhhh!!
                      The scene where Will is reviving Helen...it ended to quickly but it was fantastic!

Every time there is a brilliant episode no matter what the show, it always ends to quickly for me...but that's showbiz...I know they have time constraints but...OMG...Requiem has got to rate the highest for the season.
                      Amanda and Robin both deserve top honours for their performances in this ep.
                      I don't think I can praise the whole team at Sanctuary, high enough.
                      It was brilliant...just bloody brilliant!
                      You're spot on about that one , this wasn't just another ep, this was one of the VERY BEST . and they both derserve an award for this. But we all know Amanda, her reward is that her fans are happy .

Also, like you Chelle, I can't give this episode enough credit, take a look at these caps, and tell me this isn't some of the best acting Amanda's done:

Spoiler:

That woman gave me chills .

On the award thing...if Amanda doesn't get one for her performance in Requiem...then I'll be mighty peeved! There would have to be something seriously wrong with the way the awards are handed out if she misses out here...and I don't say that coz I love the woman...oh no...she was just incredible in the ep. The best!! I want to see more of this!! Please please please...I want more emotional Helen...in what capacity is no worries...I'll take anything but give me more Helen emotion!! Angry Helen, tough Helen, mad Helen, crazy Helen, happy Helen, sad Helen, tired Helen, frustrated Helen, hurt Helen...you get the picture!
                      She should win an award each of those things . Can someone please nominate her!?

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      LOL, hope your head is ok.
                      Yeah it's fine, Amanda made it better .

And, yes, I loved this episode, the acting blew me away.

When we were talking yesterday about all the awards AT and Robin should get for their work in this episode, someone much smarter than me told me scifi is not included in the Emmy categories. How weird is that. I had no idea, but this is Emmy worthy, or some super fantastic award worthy. Then again, doing such a great job is it's own reward, you know when you hit something out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                        Everyone has already said so many wonderful comments. I'll just add, like others, that I thought Amanda and Robin Dunne were excellent in this episode. I loved it. I specifically loved seeing Amanda in this role of someone going over the edge. This episode flew by because the acting was so superb. Sanctuary continues to improve with each episode -- more and more character depth intermixed with better and better storytelling. I am now officially hooked because of all the characters -- I like them all (felt that way about the early SG-1 days of the team and also Babylon 5). I initially watched Sanctuary because of Amanda, but I'll admit that if I just didn't like the show I wouldn't watch even though she is in it. Well, I'm fortunate because I really like the stories and characters so far and want to know more. And although TV has changed in that women are now more likely to be in lead roles than before, Amanda's Helen is somewhat unique in that it is still uncommon to see women in their 40s be a lead of a scifi show. And Helen, like Sam, is another great character to portray. Go Amanda and the Sanctuary team!
                        Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                        It seems like there is a lot of positive response about this episode, but I've read a few comments elsewhere that complain about Will being a "wimp". I don't see him as a "wimp" at all. He is able to make tough decisions and he is smart. He knows Magnus is extremely powerful, and he handled this almost impossible situation very well. I wonder if Daniel was thought by some to be a "wimp" in the early seasons of SG-1. I didn't see him as a "wimp" either. I guess I like these type of characters, along with a Henry-type as well, whatever that is!

Very well put . I know how at first some people had mixed feelings about the show, but it I love how a lot of them are coming around and getting into the show , I've also read a lot of positive comments on this episode here on GW and on other boards, and most of them say this episode was the one that's getting, or may be getting them watching

An article/review said the show's getting better and better every week, and after seeing Requiem, it just took a huge leap forward . And ditto on what you said about Amanda and her being unique to the Sci-fi world . Sam Carter and Helen Magnus have and are changing the world of Sci-fi and how woman are portrayed as strong and brave lead roles.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Another solid episode from Sanctuary. Very good character moments and some really good acting from Amanda Tapping. The ending was a little predictable. When I saw Will standing next to the Liquid Nitrogen earlier in the ep, I had a feeling they would be using that to save the day or defeat the threat. Overall a great episode. Seems like SGA is not the only one splitting up the team. There was no Ashley in this ep, and only a quick appearance by Henry. I think this show is entertaining because it has a lot of cast and crew from Stargate. It is my cup of Tea afterall.
                        Very true , but the more Amanda/Helen screen time the better IMO .

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        YES!

that's on everything.

i love this show, but it's megga strength is helen/amanda. and i want all those things too!!

You always know what to say Sally . IHO, Amanda/Helen's the heart, the soul, the spirit, the brain, the beauty and everything on the show . It's Amanda that keeps Sanctuary going and it's Helen that keeps *the* Sanctuary going .

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        I couldn't agree more . Best episode yet .

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Amanda has impressed me from day one on SG-1!
                        Since I wasn't around for day one of SG-1 I can't say the same, but she bacome the best actor to me on SG-1 and Atlantis soon enough . But I was around for day one for Sanctuary, and she's been #1 since .

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I can't even comment on my favorite parts b/c the *whole episode* was so solid. Dark Magnus was great. AT did a *wonderful* job. It never felt like "here's an actor playing going crazy"--I was totally involved in the character.
                        I've commented in the past on Will not being my favorite, but he was really good here.
                        Helen Magnus, funny Magnus, cute Magnus, hot Magnus, dark Magnus, I like them all .
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 10 December 2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Without reading through everything said already (I'll do that later) I LOVED the episode, it's the best yet and if that's the quality of what we are getting now I'll be extaticly happy.

It was a brilliant episode, Amanda's acting was fantastic, Helen all angry and loosing it was some of the finest acting I've seen from Amanda.
                          sigpic

Comment

The thing i found funny in a serious scene was when she put her hand on his face when Will was tied to the chair.... don't know why just hilarious to me heheh
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                              Edit: it's working now.
                              I love that pic, it's the best cap of Amanda, I love the expresion on her face. She's being bad and loves it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                The thing i found funny in a serious scene was when she put her hand on his face when Will was tied to the chair.... don't know why just hilarious to me heheh
                                lol. I know what you mean. My first though was - ooh I wonder how that will look in an icon.

On another shallow amoozement note, I loved when she pulls the trigger on the gun and it doesn't go off and she says "Oh well."

But yes, I am pretty much in agreement with most folks here in thinking that this was a fantastic episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X