Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i know! it's like you can't even do guess-work on the ratings.
    Yep. It wtill worries me that the ratings have been so low for a few weeks. I hope it's not too late! Maybe if it remains stable next week it will give Syfy hope for good ratings next season! What do you think?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
      Yep. It wtill worries me that the ratings have been so low for a few weeks. I hope it's not too late! Maybe if it remains stable next week it will give Syfy hope for good ratings next season! What do you think?
      i have no idea!!

but i hope syfy's looking at it as 'you're doing good enough, so you'll get at least one more season to finish things up, if need be.'

of course, they wouldn't say it that way.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

No, the director would say "If you do good enough for me to go to the restaurant every day next season, then you deserve to be renewed"
        sigpic

Comment

yes, it was great news!

there really doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to these ratings, in that they don't seem to be reflective of the episodes themselves.
          I know. I still can't help feeling bad about Chimera's low ratings, even though I blame it on the decision to air it on Tuesday. It was such a good episode. Arrrrrrrrr.... but anyway I'm glad to see Acolyte's ratings went up and hopefully the remaining eps will do just as well if not better.
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
            I know. I still can't help feeling bad about Chimera's low ratings, even though I blame it on the decision to air it on Tuesday. It was such a good episode. Arrrrrrrrr.... but anyway I'm glad to see Acolyte's ratings went up and hopefully the remaining eps will do just as well if not better.
            Absolutely! But as I told Majorsal earlier, even though Acolyte was not as good as Chimera, it was still much better than the few episodes which aired before Chimera, so I'm glad people gave it a shot when Acolyte was aired, and not Fugue or Icebreaker. I hope new viewers (if there were any) liked the episode as much as I did and will be there next Friday. I'm pretty sure if the ratings stabilized next week it could be enough for a renewal.

Fingers crossed
            sigpic

Comment

Forever Knight OT:

Spoiler:
              Took me a lot of emotions and thoughts and religious guidance, but the finale totally made sense for me in the end

majorsal,
              the show was cancelled twice! lol
              We are talking about the very last show finale, after season 3.

i know! it's like you can't even do guess-work on the ratings.
              I love it. There are so many factors that influence an ep's ratings, it's so exciting to think them thru. No chance to guess anything of course, but I think we could explain much of the ratings' volatility after the fact, like thru external factors (day of week, other shows etc.) or the quality of the previous ep (which is of course hard to determine because tastes differ)
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post

I love it. There are so many factors that influence an ep's ratings, it's so exciting to think them thru. No chance to guess anything of course, but I think we could explain much of the ratings' volatility after the fact, like thru external factors (day of week, other shows etc.) or the quality of the previous ep (which is of course hard to determine because tastes differ)
                i wish sometimes, though, that a specific ep's rating *did* reflect the episode! like, 'breach', which, for me, should have been a 10 billion viewers, with a 50.5 adults 18-45 thinger.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

OMG I didn't see that coming! I'm speechless!...
                  Seriously, the show's stability keeps surprising me. It always rebounds after consecutive weeks of low numbers when you no longer expect it. Phew!
                  To be honest, and I've said this before, I did not expect such a big uptick. I was expecting at the highest, a 1.3, but to get this... I'm grinning as I type this. Last night was a proud time for me, and this is what I expect from Sanctuary, because they've had higher ratings, and... this is how I always want it.

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  Absolutely! But as I told Majorsal earlier, even though Acolyte was not as good as Chimera, it was still much better than the few episodes which aired before Chimera, so I'm glad people gave it a shot when Acolyte was aired, and not Fugue or Icebreaker. I hope new viewers (if there were any) liked the episode as much as I did and will be there next Friday. I'm pretty sure if the ratings stabilized next week it could be enough for a renewal.

Fingers crossed
                  @NumberSix If you take into account it aired on Tues with not a lot of promotion, it has a lot of bigger shows on that night, and that it was short notice, it did surprsigly well. I really believe that if Chimera aired on Fri (the way it should have) it would have been a good rated episode.

@Abnormal Another thing makes me so proud is that, after the totally, completely and UNNECESSARY controversy about Monsoon and how some fans felt about Fugue, I read something from someone on another board saying that the show could have bruised it's ratings a lot, and they actually expected another drop this week. And I'll admit (and this is ME saying this) I was worried, and I was getting down from it all, but to see the show get a season high, and not just a season high, but ratings that we used to see, THIS is the Sanctuary I know. By that I mean, for it to rebound like that, after not so great ratings, it proves that it still has fans coming, and that Monsoon and Fugue didn't hurt the show.

Though, I can't see why eps like Monsoon and Fugue would hurt the show.

Comment

Are we seriously going to keep up with these snide comments and dissing of other fans???? Honestly?

What happened to kindness and respect? Instead of respecting peoples' rights to be upset and unhappy we're going to take digs at them, taking the low road to make ourselves feel superior and righteous and oh so super duper fan, cutting down others to make ourselves 'look' and feel more better and prove what a 'true fan' we are?????

Bah humbug.

Now, I'm putting my mod hat on...the topic is a person's feelings on whether or not there will be a season five. It is NOT, i repeat NOT open season on other fans. You'll notice that the topic is not 'my opinions on others opinions'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, one thing a network looks at is how steady a show is in ratings. Sanctuary has been pretty steady all season, even when they were moved to Tuesday for one night they still maintained a 0.4 18-49 demo, and even had a couple of 0.5's this season. I've always said, that I think 1.5 Million viewers on a live+SD basis should be enough to get a show like "Sanctuary" renewed, but I am not going to blow smoke up anyone's....um well you know what, but it all really depends on how much "Sanctuary" is costing the network. If they can have a budget to make Season 5, that still makes a profit for the network based on their ratings, well they could renew the show.

5 Seasons seems to be the life span for most shows on Syfy. So we shall see what happens. I do think we will know before the new year Sanctuary's fate.

My opinion, I think it will be renewed for one final season, with a reduced episode order.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

My opinion, I think it will be renewed for one final season, with a reduced episode order.
                        I'd like that, and it would be quite coherent (though I can understand why they would cancel it as well) but my only hope then would be that they don't renew the show for less than 10 episodes...
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, one thing a network looks at is how steady a show is in ratings. Sanctuary has been pretty steady all season, even when they were moved to Tuesday for one night they still maintained a 0.4 18-49 demo, and even had a couple of 0.5's this season. I've always said, that I think 1.5 Million viewers on a live+SD basis should be enough to get a show like "Sanctuary" renewed, but I am not going to blow smoke up anyone's....um well you know what, but it all really depends on how much "Sanctuary" is costing the network. If they can have a budget to make Season 5, that still makes a profit for the network based on their ratings, well they could renew the show.

5 Seasons seems to be the life span for most shows on Syfy. So we shall see what happens. I do think we will know before the new year Sanctuary's fate.

yay, and

i hope it'll get a 13 ep order, but i'll be happy for *any* new sanctuary stuff.

thanks, brian.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

yay, and

i hope it'll get a 13 ep order, but i'll be happy for *any* new sanctuary stuff.

thanks, brian.
                            Will you please stop repeating what I say?
                            sigpic

Comment

Will you please stop repeating what I say?

*tries to think of something to say*

i bet the sanct ptb were when they saw the ratings!

( @ obvious observation)
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Good insights, Brian, well done. Though, I read your last sentance, and I think back to my meeting with WHR. They said that 13 is, like the max number of episodes, and they told me that if they get a S5, it won't be 20 eps, but most likely 13.

I remember how I was when the show got 13 for S4, and I don't know how I'd be with a lesser episode order than that.

Oh, and in other news-

Once Upon a Time drops again, Sanctuary jumps and 13 other shows

"This week, Once Upon a Time continued its alarming downward slide, while Chuck picked up a few viewers and Sanctuary got a very encouraging numbers spike."

"Sanctuary finally got a numbers jump this week with the highest viewership of its season so far. The rating score stayed the same, but at least the numbers tell a story that might end with an encouraging season finale."

Last edited by Rocky89; 13 December 2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X