Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I was quite disappointed with the whole Hollow Earth story arc. When they discovered the virtual city in the library and then the actual city in Pax Romana I was like : wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!! But then I felt like it was wrapped up in 5 seconds and they moved on to something else... I think it had potential and I wish it had been developed more.

But I also think that we have to get used to seeing Hollow Earth / The Five and our favourite actors less and less because of budget issues. If we get a season 5, that would probably be with just a few regular characters and more standalones, because that would be cheaper.

And I agree with what you said about Will (and we can add Abby and her colleague to the list). They are just stupid and unbearable. If I were not a fan of the show and just wanted to give it a shot I would probably not try again to watch it because of the new characters (+ Will who's been SO disappointing!).

Still, I think standalones are better for the ratings (if they're good, of course...) but I prefer story arcs. Unfortunately, at that point - after 4 season and especially after all the poor episodes of the 2nd half of Season 3 - I don't see how the show could recover.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
      I just don't want to be left with a cliffhanger and then have it get cancelled.
      About that.... I'm still hoping Syfy would give them like 2 episodes to wrap things up like they did for Eureka.
      sigpic

Comment

prediction Acolyte ratings 1000000 0.4

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
          About that.... I'm still hoping Syfy would give them like 2 episodes to wrap things up like they did for Eureka.
          Me too. Sky said at the end of this season they will be at 59 episodes. Maybe they will get an English 6 episode season. (65)

Comment

Yeah.... You know, it's weird because I do not think we have the slightest chance to get a 5th season honestly (and when I try to find positive things it's actually just because I still wanna hope for a renewal) BUT I also don't think Syfy would let the show go without a proper ending... I try to hold on to this hypothesis.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think networks give a rat's ass about shows' "proper endings". SGU was cancelled just like that. Other shows were cancelled just like that *shrugs*
              I still hope Syfy will let them wrap everything up in order to sell it at some point.
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I am unhappy with the quality of the show this season, but I hope the show gets renewed. I want them to get season 5 and end it.

Personally, (and I realize that what I will say will be very unpopular), I would like to see the rest of the Five dead by the end of the show. Their story is what drives the show, so it should end when their stories do. I realize that I'm advocating killing by favorite, Tesla, and my other favorite, Druitt, but to me, the only time Sanctuary shines is when it involves the Five.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                  I am unhappy with the quality of the show this season, but I hope the show gets renewed. I want them to get season 5 and end it.

Personally, (and I realize that what I will say will be very unpopular), I would like to see the rest of the Five dead by the end of the show. Their story is what drives the show, so it should end when their stories do. I realize that I'm advocating killing by favorite, Tesla, and my other favorite, Druitt, but to me, the only time Sanctuary shines is when it involves the Five.
                  But Tesla is immortal (now that he's been revamped)...
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    But Tesla is immortal (now that he's been revamped)...
                    Or is he? Dun dun duuuuuuuuuun.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I don´t like it when series end with the deaths of the main characters, in this case Magnus and for me Tesla, cause then the series really ended and there is no opportunity for a movie for example and it would be too depressign for my taste and imagine how sad it would be for magnus, she lifed 113 years again and then, when future for her began it already ended, so she lifed 113 years for nothing to life only a few years in the future? I think her life sort of began when she took younger Helens place, for the life she had in those years was hardly a life maybe if she always was afraid to affect teh timeline. They would be really cruel to do that.

The only way I would accept their death (maybe) is when the series finale would take place 100 years in the future and them being a couple for 100 years or so Or maybe better 200 years. Do you think Magnus wants to die soon? After those extra years? *wonders*
                      Last edited by Altariel; 11 December 2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I think Sanctuary is too light a show to kill off their main cast in the finale. Altho I see the point of doing so. (And I definitely loved the finale of Forever Knight where everybody died because it was the only finale that would make sense for that show.)

What do you think, could Sanctuary go back to webisodes (to give the show a couple of eps to wrap things up) in case it is cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                          I think Sanctuary is too light a show to kill off their main cast in the finale. Altho I see the point of doing so. (And I definitely loved the finale of Forever Knight where everybody died because it was the only finale that would make sense for that show.)

What do you think, could Sanctuary go back to webisodes (to give the show a couple of eps to wrap things up) in case it is cancelled?
                          All they need is the funding to do it. I see Syfy and the other networks, buying them if they get made.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            All they need is the funding to do it. I see Syfy and the other networks, buying them if they get made.
                            Webisodes are way cheaper to make, right? Where did the funding for the original webisodes come from?

But... I mean, what is the point for Syfy to cancel the show 2 eps shy of its "proper" end, let them bring the last web eps online, and buy them later? Gah, I really hope it won't come down to that.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                              Webisodes are way cheaper to make, right? Where did the funding for the original webisodes come from?

But... I mean, what is the point for Syfy to cancel the show 2 eps shy of its "proper" end, let them bring the last web eps online, and buy them later? Gah, I really hope it won't come down to that.
                              Well Syfy buys the eps to air. Even if they cancel if the MAD team can get the funding they can still make the show. So if they make just 1 or 2 eps to close the story, like a movie, I can see Syfy buying that.

The original webis were payed by the MAD team.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                                The original webis were payed by the MAD team.
                                *faints*
                                Like, out of their own pockets? Quite a costly hobby!
                                *faints again*

Comment

Working...
                                X