X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    And I know for a fact that some of the actors on the show do sing in RL
    Yeah, but I'm not a fan of Abby, whether she sings or not

But I liked the Grey's Anatomy musical ep too, so I hope this one won't be bad either. Although I'm still not happy about Abby having a big role, unless of course it's the last we see of her
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I haven't heard a thing about the musical episode before reading this thread so... But I have to say, I have liked many musical eps I have watched. It is a different way to tell the story, and even remotely decent musical ep has so many interesting ways to interpret what actually happened when we saw the characters singing

I like the thought. I just hope the ep won't be a pointless filler. 13 episode season doesn't have enough time to do pointless, not even incredibly amusing pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
        Yeah, I ain't looking forward to the musical episode. I was actually rather horrified when I heard it was happening. I fully expect it to be incredibly awkward and just... bad. I REALLY hope they surprise me.
        me too...

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
          I haven't heard a thing about the musical episode before reading this thread so... But I have to say, I have liked many musical eps I have watched. It is a different way to tell the story, and even remotely decent musical ep has so many interesting ways to interpret what actually happened when we saw the characters singing

I like the thought. I just hope the ep won't be a pointless filler. 13 episode season doesn't have enough time to do pointless, not even incredibly amusing pointless
          Oh no!!! I'm so sorry if we spoiled it for you! I thought everyone in the fandom had heard about it by now. I know I hate to be spoiled, so I'm sorry if we ruined it for you.

And I agree about the pointless filler eps. For me, the only pointless filler eps are clips shows (I hate that Sanctuary did one in their first 20 episode season-- such a waste). One Night may be pointless filler in some people's books, but I don't count it as such. It was just a bad episode (though the camera shots were cool, but that's another story).

But yeah, even if the musical is terrible, at least they TRIED. Clips shows don't try-- they just suck. Majorly. A clips show is a cop out, straight up.

Comment

selene0789, no problem if I was afraid of spoilers (or "spoilers", knowing something about storytelling style hardly is a real spoiler) I wouldn't be reading these

Clip shows! A clip show is another thing I really don't want to see in s4!

Comment

One thing more I'd love to see: the humans in Sanctuary facing the 'unexpected gifts and curses' that come with the job, and I mean permanently. Will has surely seen a lot of gifts that come with curses, like the makri, but non of them very permanent.

Comment

One thing more I'd love to see: the humans in Sanctuary facing the 'unexpected gifts and curses' that come with the job, and I mean permanently. Will has surely seen a lot of gifts that come with curses, like the makri, but non of them very permanent.
                What kind of gifts and curses do you think that might entail? I mean, there's the obvious route of giving someone a prominent scar, but the big "gift/curse" in the webisodes was Helen's longevity, but they changed that story around a bit, so that's such an issue anymore...

Do you have anything specific in mind? I'm curious... And it's an intriguing idea

Comment

What kind of gifts and curses do you think that might entail? I mean, there's the obvious route of giving someone a prominent scar, but the big "gift/curse" in the webisodes was Helen's longevity, but they changed that story around a bit, so that's such an issue anymore...

Do you have anything specific in mind? I'm curious... And it's an intriguing idea
                  I have no idea :3

Or, actually, I have one. I'd love to see Will actually gaining something, maybe following James' footsteps of noticing stuff. And I'd love to see Helen's true gift revealed. (In The Five John said to Ashley that Helen's gift was the most elegant. Longevity might be elegant, sure, but if you compare it to, say, Nikola's relative immortality, it kind of sucks. Specially when you take account that everyone but Nigel lived to see the the 21th century, and Helen's father did too. I don't believe for a second that Helen's true gift was that she'd age slowly. I am still waiting for big revelations )

Comment

Or, actually, I have one. I'd love to see Will actually gaining something, maybe following James' footsteps of noticing stuff. And I'd love to see Helen's true gift revealed. (In The Five John said to Ashley that Helen's gift was the most elegant. Longevity might be elegant, sure, but if you compare it to, say, Nikola's relative immortality, it kind of sucks. Specially when you take account that everyone but Nigel lived to see the the 21th century, and Helen's father did too. I don't believe for a second that Helen's true gift was that she'd age slowly. I am still waiting for big revelations )
                    Oh boy. I can see that going down real well with Will. Remember how he got about Worth, with the whole "I had one condition when I signed on here: No Secrets-- blah blah blah, this is all about me" (the last part wasn't actually said, I know, but it's what I was thinking at the time ) Anywho, I can totally see him wigging out when Magnus goes "Oh yeah, by the way, the longevity is only half of what the Source Blood changed about me..." Hahahah! I should write a crack!fic about it. Or you should.

What would you want Magnus' gift to be, if there is something more to her longevity?

Comment

Oh boy. I can see that going down real well with Will. Remember how he got about Worth, with the whole "I had one condition when I signed on here: No Secrets-- blah blah blah, this is all about me" (the last part wasn't actually said, I know, but it's what I was thinking at the time ) Anywho, I can totally see him wigging out when Magnus goes "Oh yeah, by the way, the longevity is only half of what the Source Blood changed about me..." Hahahah! I should write a crack!fic about it. Or you should.

What would you want Magnus' gift to be, if there is something more to her longevity?
                      The bolded part made me giggle

Again, I have no idea of what Magnus' gift would be :3 If the question was asked in some exam, I'd go something to do with relative immortality/hard to kill. It seems to be something common for the five and after all her job is dangerous. For example, when she was infected with a parasite in a submarine and went slightly crazy, and when

Spoiler:
                      Will killed her

I was waiting her true gift to be revealed

Fanfic... I have more than enough plot bunnies harassing me at the moment (I am translating a fic to English at the moment), so if you have an idea, please go ahead and link the final version to me

Comment

Random question, but Helen does age slowly? I always assumed she is immortal, so that she is not aging at all. So what does aging slowly mean? 1 Year all 10 years?

And I think too that she should have another gift, that is something they could introduce in season 4.
                        Was it mentioned in the series that she aged somewhat after she was injected the source blood?

Comment

The bolded part made me giggle

Again, I have no idea of what Magnus' gift would be :3 If the question was asked in some exam, I'd go something to do with relative immortality/hard to kill. It seems to be something common for the five and after all her job is dangerous. For example, when she was infected with a parasite in a submarine and went slightly crazy, and when

Spoiler:
                          Will killed her

I was waiting her true gift to be revealed

Fanfic... I have more than enough plot bunnies harassing me at the moment (I am translating a fic to English at the moment), so if you have an idea, please go ahead and link the final version to me
                          I'll write it! I just need a "power" for Magnus. Oh man! I got it! Hahahah! I'll send it to you when I've got it done, for sure! Heheheh... this is gonna be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                            Random question, but Helen does age slowly? I always assumed she is immortal, so that she is not aging at all. So what does aging slowly mean? 1 Year all 10 years?

And I think too that she should have another gift, that is something they could introduce in season 4.
                            Was it mentioned in the series that she aged somewhat after she was injected the source blood?
                            No, it wasn't mentioned that Helen aged after injecting the blood. I just assumed that her longevity means she'd age slower but age anyway In the flashbacks of The Five she does look younger but, then, so does Nikola. Maybe it is just life that seems to have aged them. I wouldn't be surprised.

selene0789, please do I can't wait

Comment

Helen`s gift being longevity is pretty lame tbh. In "Revelations II" her power seemed to be "being Gregory`s daughter" (which she reminded us of every 5 seconds). Maybe the writers don`t want to create a deus ex machina by giving the main character a useful superpower. But it`s kind of unfair especially when someone like Nikola has 6 different powers. (magnetism, electricty, regeneration, heightened senses, claws/fangs and increased physical capabilites.)

Comment

I agree with Mackandal, a little bit. In comparison to the others, what does Magnus offer the Five? But then of course, because I can't help it, I kept thinking about it...

What *does* Magnus offer the Five? Watson's observations are keener, and the rest have offensive/active powers. And yet Magnus assumes the leadership position of the Five, for seemingly no apparent reason.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Magnus' "gift" was appropriate. She's not overbearing in her physical presence, and it seems her greatest is her charisma. People are drawn to her, and not just for her physical beauty, but her intellect and fearless quest for greater knowledge of the world, especially at the disregard of her own social standing.

That part of her isn't something we see a great deal of, nowadays, because she's seen so much that very little of it is new anymore. We saw a glimpse of it when they went to Hollow Earth, but beyond that, it's been reserved for tiny snippets of flashback episodes.

Personally, I like that Magnus isn't a superhero, per se. That would make it too easy, I think, and paired with her longevity, it might've made her too... detached, I guess from the rest of the world. Instead I think it leaves her with a grounded persona that's stable and rational (sometimes to an extreme extent) and is altogether a character completely enigmatic.

But that's just my two cents

But adding something like regeneration would be an interesting plot twist. Cuz that would mess with her headspace, too, cuz then that would mean she pretty much would never be able to die, and after Ashley, I think she very much considers death as a sort of relief. She wouldn't seek it out, or cause her own death, but I think she might welcome it when it did come.

Comment

Working...
                                X