No announcement yet.

Things you DO and DON'T want to see / happen in Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as there's plenty of Tesla awesomeness not much else matters.

(It would be nice to do away with Abby though...)

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      I just realized I'd love it if Will's insomnia and spotting abilities were investigated further. Or if they just played some role in 4th season.

In the first episode his insomnia seemed so important but after that he just mentioned once he was able to sleep better. With Watson he spotted things, and Watson hinted that Will had some talent he would some day be able to use. I want to see that day in 4th season
      I figured his insomnia had a lot to do with his life(style) and the nightmares about his mother. Since joining the Sanctuary he has learned about the "monsters lurking in the shadows" and that he didn't imagine what happened to his mother when he was a little boy. I assume that discovering the truth about what happened to his mother would let him sleep better because he finally knows the truth. He doesn't have to lie anymore to people and his talents are recognized by the Sanctuary crew.

As for him spotting things, I believe AT and RD said (at Dragon Con) that the network suggested it but they felt it was becoming too gimmicky with the special effects lighting up on things he saw, etc.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i think that will need to use his psych thing more often this season. and there should be some explanation to how he does this.

as for the insommia could be do because he wasn't happy with his old job, but now likes his job a lot better. of course he was having issues sleeping after being dead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
          Apologies for probably being a little dim but what does BAMF stand for?
          Lastrequest - BAMF stands for Bad Ass Mother **** Basically just a total badass.

And yeah, with Helen/John following the season finale - I'm not really sure what I want to see happen there, but I definitely want there to be some progression/change. Maybe that means they'll actually deal with their issues and get to a better place - or things will get much worse and John will go off the deep end and it will be very bad for everyone. Both options might be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I figured his insomnia had a lot to do with his life(style) and the nightmares about his mother. Since joining the Sanctuary he has learned about the "monsters lurking in the shadows" and that he didn't imagine what happened to his mother when he was a little boy. I assume that discovering the truth about what happened to his mother would let him sleep better because he finally knows the truth. He doesn't have to lie anymore to people and his talents are recognized by the Sanctuary crew.

As for him spotting things, I believe AT and RD said (at Dragon Con) that the network suggested it but they felt it was becoming too gimmicky with the special effects lighting up on things he saw, etc.
            I thought the same. It is just, somehow the first episode showed a a very different Will than what he turned to be and the chance happened just like that. I think Will as a character lost something when his insomnia and ex-gf disappeared practically at the moment he set his feet in Sanctuary. It would be nice to see the past catching up with him too.

And the effects, I liked them I liked to be able to make my own speculations, when now I just have to wait Will to draw them because there is little to no camera work that gives away the hints. I know it is a bit silly reason, but...

Comment

I would like to see something along the lines of Helen changes the future and Tesla's plans to dominate the world worked. She has to find a way to undo it all. That'd be a fun multiple part episode, as long as Tesla is heavily featured, of course

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                do:

1. keep the timeline the same, pull a lost type of thing with the two going on at once (if necessary).
                2. give henry more screen time! (maybe kate as well).
                3. get rit of abby! (shes annoying!)
                4. will go back to his pychology nerdness of earlier seasons.
                5. a bit more nickola .
                6. flash back involving ashley?
                7. more on henry's childhood/history (actually this is where 6 would fit in)

don't: pretty much the opposite of what i wanted.

though i do have to say:

don't continue focusing only on will and maginus, there are other characters .
                I'd amend #5 to A LOT more Nikola. And agree with #7. I'd also like to learn more about Henry's history. I think in some eps they've taken the focus off of Will and Magnus, and it'd be nice if they do more of that. The more fully realized the characters are (both the main characters and regularly recurring ones) the more interesting they are and the better the show can be.

FromOutside: The only thing I really don't want to happen is Tesla dying
                I don't EVER want that to happen. Not for as long as the show runs in any way, shape, or format including movies after the series is done. I think that covers it.

lillypilly:
                Don't:
                - Character deaths. D: I'm still not over Ashley and I love everyone in the main cast...
                I really don't want to see any of the main or recurring characters killed either. Some I'd be downright upset about, a few I wouldn't like it but I might get over it provided it was not meaningless or done just to boost ratings or because of the network's whims.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Do:
                  - More of the Five historically.
                  - More Helen/Nikola. Just... more Helen/Nikola.
                  - Lexa Doig to guest star
                  - A Titanic episode

Don't:
                  - Waste time with some pointless one ep romance for Helen. (if they want a romance arc for Amanda there's Niko or even historical stuff with Watson)
                  - Don't make Tesla evil.
                  - Don't kill Tesla.
                  - don't do a musical episode just for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                    Do:
                    - More of the Five historically.
                    - More Helen/Nikola. Just... more Helen/Nikola.
                    - Lexa Doig to guest star
                    - A Titanic episode

Don't:
                    - Waste time with some pointless one ep romance for Helen. (if they want a romance arc for Amanda there's Niko or even historical stuff with Watson)
                    - Don't make Tesla evil.
                    - Don't kill Tesla.
                    - don't do a musical episode just for the sake of it
                    when if first heard this (i think it was a comicon video) i was hoping they were joking. but now i'm not so sure .
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                      Lastrequest - BAMF stands for Bad Ass Mother **** Basically just a total badass.
                      This might be totally random, but I just thought about how cool it would be if we got to see Magnus say "mother f******" on TV. Even if it was a "Mother ---" cutaway before she actually swears, I think it would be totally hilarious and would totally fly in a fluffy episode like Hangover. With that accent... ho-yeah.

and I might have said this already, but I would love to see Kate witness Magnus' BAMFness first hand. I mean, so far we as an audience have seen Magnus go all BA on someone (Breach, Pavor Nocturnus, etc), but I don't Kate fully realizes yet the epic-ness of who Helen Magnus is.

I'm sure she respects Magnus just fine, and certainly as mentor-type figure, but I think in large part Magnus is simply Miss Money-bags, and the woman with all the power. If Kate ever fully realized how Magnus amassed the respect and power in the first place, it would add another layer to their relationship to make it even more solid, and help Kate fit into the Sanctuary mold even further.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        when if first heard this (i think it was a comicon video) i was hoping they were joking. but now i'm not so sure .
                        Musical episode!

Now, when I first heard about it, I had the same reaction as you. I was like, here's the show, there's the shark, and ho boy, it's jumped. But the more I hear about it, and the more I see the actors get excited about it, I find myself becoming intrigued. And at this point I'm simply curious to see how they're going to try to pull it off. I do think it will be better than most shows (as some use dubbing, or refuse to use original music, or it seems totally forced). But at the same time, I'm kinda like... Ho boy. I'm nervous for them!

If anything, I take it as a good sign that they feel comfortable enough with their show to feel like they could play around and do the musical episode. It certainly bodes well for my view of things-- a musical episode implies that ratings are high enough that they'll succeed in the season even if the episode itself sucks, and there'll be more episodes.

So, in conclusion, where at first this musical idea straddled the "do/don't want to see in season 4" line, I have to admit that I DO want to see it in S4, if only to see how they're going to pull it off

Comment

yeah, i'm worried about if they are going to be able to pull it off. if they do it'll be good, but if not it'll suck.
                          sigpic

Comment

On one hand I hope they don't autotune it to death, making it sound like it's actually someone else singing the song, but on the other hand I hope their 'singing' doesn't damage my hearing
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              On one hand I hope they don't autotune it to death, making it sound like it's actually someone else singing the song, but on the other hand I hope their 'singing' doesn't damage my hearing
                              Okay this might seem off topic, but this convo is reminding me of Mamma Mia, with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan... and a lot of people slammed it because Pierce Brosnan and some of the other singers sounded "off"/"not quite in tune" but to me that kinda made it better for me. Because it was refreshing to see people *actually* singing, and it reminded me of going to see a show on a stage, rather than sitting in a movie theatre.

So even if they sound a little off, I think it'd sound better than if they sound totally horribly fake. But I'm hoping it won't come to that, because they seemed so proud that they didn't need any voice overs or dubbing for the songs. And I know for a fact that some of the actors on the show do sing in RL

Comment

Yeah, I ain't looking forward to the musical episode. I was actually rather horrified when I heard it was happening. I fully expect it to be incredibly awkward and just... bad. I REALLY hope they surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X