The Depths (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I kept hoping htat the water was like an 'anti source blood' or something....where it made will stronger but helen weaker. Course I also had the thought that, when i saw the promo of the speedy healing that maybe it wasn't will but a doppleganger but that was wrong

I do agree that the angle of helen hurt and will healthy would have been neat and different. I think this is a lot of set up for the finale.

What if sanctuary for none means
    Spoiler:

will is instrumental in getting the sanctuaries shut down? gets helen locked up somewhere and gets the sanctuaries turned over ot sciu?
    The way Will's been acting lately I fear Magnus wouldn't have made it out alive if she'd been the one severely injured and heavily affected by the water instead of him...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

What if the water made the change in Helens DNA from source blood reverse? Is that possible? Gosh I hope not.

Comment

It was OK. Probably the reason I didn't really love it is because of Will and his constant whining and harsh words aimed at Magnus. I can't stand him this season. ME ME ME...WILL WILL WILL...aarrgghh. You would think he would just enjoy having the opportunity to work w someone like Magnus and try to learn as much as he can like he was in the first couple of seasons. Now he just wants to know what Magnus' big "secret" is and question every move Magnus makes.

From seeing the previews for next week...I think Will's quest to find Magnus' secret and his persistent inquistions of it is his mission for SCIU and or Abby's request from the FBI or something and when he finds it out will use it to get his perfect life w Abby running the Santuary for some government/private agency. But until he finds out her secret he has to keep putting his life and trust w Magnus and keep going on missions that might end his life and that's why he is so cranky and cold t Magnus...wants his high end desk job w Abby at his side. Maybe Magnus suspects something bc he's always asking and now suggests being partners...?

Why can't Declan be Magnus' protege? He understands abnormals and the Sanctuary's mission statement, is smart and respects Magnus overall. If I was Magnus he would be my choice and not Will for sure. Plus Declan already oversees the London sanctuary full-time and has that experience to add to his resume.

Comment

Love it how Henry is always the one to make a reference to Tesla in Tesla-less eps this season!

Is there a reason for Helen kissing Will on his right cheek? I think kissing a person on their left cheek is more common for a right-handed person. Like crossing the legs with the right leg over the left leg, actually. But we saw in Chimera that Helen crosses her legs like a left-handed person, too Anybody remembers whether Carter/Helen/AT aim with the right eye? Maybe AT is a right-handed person with the dominant left leg, lol
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Was thinking the same thing...whatever the mineral is might remove the effects of the source blood since it seem to possess healing powers and might remove the source blood form Helen. Did the Kabal use all of source blood on their "super soldiers"? There has to be an underground cell of the Kabal still around...Magnus may need to steal it back.

Comment

When the camera was on the other side lol and Will smashed is left side on the floor when he colapsed.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                Edited to add: Forgot to mention - Will's whining was irritating, we all agree. I am sure he can be frustrated to have his suggestions shot down a lot by Magnus, but can he really believe she doesn't know better than he??? There was a moment when I wasn't hating Will - at the very end when he mentioned how Helen carries the weight of the world by herself. I thought he would be reaching out to her, asking her to open up and not shoulder it all alone. But when he suggested being Helen's partner, I almost laughed out loud. Helen's reaction ("Ah.") made me think she's been through this before with proteges.
                I think "The very young do not always do as they're told" might apply to Will throughout this.

After watching this again for the fourth time, I can't help but see how much this episode is such a mother/child story. Wise mother (who's covered it all in her five lifetimes) putting up with the rebellious antics of her teenage child (who thinks he knows best, and ends up putting them both in more danger than they needed to be) and the mother sticking to her guns, keeping them both alive (and finding a way out), while taking his verbal lashings with a grain of salt.

If the writer(s) (Gillian?) were trying to convince me that Will was starting to finally be a grown-up and a partner to Magnus - it definitely backfired, and made me think that he's even more juvenile than I previously thought.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                I love how Magnus, despite having drunk the water also, didn't go in complete meltdown/complain/whine-mode like Will and still had the presence of mind to not bash his skull in. She has a lot of wisdom and Will seems to be too stubborn and/or obtuse to realize that and learn from her. He keeps complaining how everything has to be the Helen Magnus way but always ends up having his ass saved by her (with hardly a thank you for her in the end). Even now, when he tried to do it his way he totally screwed up and I don't just mean with how it played out (Magnus once again risking her own life so she could save him) but by drinking all that water! His body was far more damaged than hers and his 'withdrawal' seemed to be much worse than her (although that could be down to their personalities too) so it would have made a lot more sense for Magnus to drink all the water and become totally smart to find a way out for them because she wouldn't come crashing down as hard as he would. Yeah, her ribs would hurt and she'd be grumpy, but his wounds were severe and his organs would fail without proper medical attention. But hey, I guess all that doesn't matter in Will's world.
                at first I feared Helen testing the water was going to make her ill and she'd have to rely on Will to be the one to get them out. Thank goodness that's not the case. Like the good soldier...uh, worldy woman, she is, Sam...uh, Helen, soldiered on without much fuss towards her own injuries.

I just have to say that I saw so much "Sam Carter: Soldier" in Helen Magnus for this episode. I think this is one of Amanda's finest efforts of portraying both the physical & emotional strength of Helen Magnus. Yes, in Breach she got whumped a lot, but in this one, Helen took not only a physical beating, but an emotional beating as well from someone she considered a very close friend, all the while trying to get them out alive.
                Last edited by KayLyne; 17 December 2011, 11:51 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

This was an okay episode. It would have been so much better if it wasn't the 'whining Will hour'.
                  I am so sick of listening to him moan throughout this season. Why isn't he the quiet, thoughtful chap we had in the first couple of seasons?
                  I can't believe he's still whining at Helen about the way she saved Abby's life. What a jerk.

I enjoyed the moments with Henry. They were lighthearted with a bit of seriousness towards the end. I'm sure the rocks Helen brought back from the cave will be used as a power source for Henry's invention.

I couldn't believe that Will no longer wants to be Helen's protégé, but wants to be her partner. Partner! There's no way he is partner material. Declan has more experience working with the Sanctuary than Will, plus he doesn't whine.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    I can't believe he's still whining at Helen about the way she saved Abby's life. What a jerk.
                    Almost makes one wish she hadn't done what she did to save Abby and left Will down in the angst cavern too... Ah, if only

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    I couldn't believe that Will no longer wants to be Helen's protégé, but wants to be her partner. Partner! There's no way he is partner material. Declan has more experience working with the Sanctuary than Will, plus he doesn't whine.
                    It was a good thing I wasn't eating or drinking because I snorted when he said that, but at the same time I feared the writers may have gone completely insane and have Magnus agree. Thankfully her answer was very noncommittal and to me it seemed to lean more towards "hell no" than a "maybe".
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      It was a good thing I wasn't eating or drinking because I snorted when he said that, but at the same time I feared the writers may have gone completely insane and have Magnus agree. Thankfully her answer was very noncommittal and to me it seemed to lean more towards "hell no" than a "maybe".
                      I'm also thankful her reply was noncommittal. I honestly don't understand what the writers are trying to do with Will. If they are trying to show me he is able to take over from Helen, then they have failed. If they are trying to make me dislike him then they have succeeded.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a theory, everyone...

You know how Helen said she spent 113 years not knowing whether she'd see any of them again? That she didn't know if something she did in London had changed the future? What if it did? What if something changed and THAT'S why Will is acting bat sh** crazy?

I'm not sure what might have changed or how it changed him, but there it is. Some semblance of rationality behind the descent.

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking about writing an alternative to this episode, but I'm not sure how I'd want it to end... Hmm...

Comment

What if will's not will? somewhere along hte line he was compromised some way and Helen is waiting for him to reveal himself and who's pulling the strings
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ooooh.... Another good idea... Well, they did just kind of do the Magoi storyline in Icebreaker... d'you think that's why they needed to refresh our memory of Kush?

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              I think its because Tesla is immortal so he'll actually live longer then her so she can get close to him without fearing that.
                              Hmm. I thought magnus was the only immort- OH, vampires are immortal.........*awkward silence*... still not watching twilight in my lifetime!

It seems as if Magnus wants to take the risk of losing him..like Will said, you only act a certain way towards people because you are afraid of 'losing them'
                              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                              - Doctor Who (series 7)
                              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                                Does anyone know why the writers changed Will so extremly? I started watching in the 3rd Season, so I just witnessed the downward Spiral that resultet in the Will we have now.

But when rewatching the first 2 Seasons its not the same. At first he was a positive and talanted profiler who could piece together the most difficult Puzzles. Even Watson was sure that Will might get better than him at some point.

Ever since then they stopped showing that part of him and I dont understand why, they can write good stories for everyone, but Will keeps getting "Boo, I am so poor and Helen is so evil sometimes".
                                I reckon its the water... I mean he is revived, but if you notice when he started taking the water his attitude spiraled...
                                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Working...
                                X