X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say

SANCTUARY ROCKS!

HELEN MAGNUS ROCKS!
    and I WILL BE WATCHING THIS SHOW EVERY WEEK.

Just had to get that out. OK, feeling better, now. Oh, wait:

AMANDA, YOU ROCK ON: here's to MONSOON, Season 4 and beyond!

Hmm. Maybe I should tweet that...
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
      Just want to say

SANCTUARY ROCKS!

HELEN MAGNUS ROCKS!
      and I WILL BE WATCHING THIS SHOW EVERY WEEK.

Just had to get that out. OK, feeling better, now. Oh, wait:

AMANDA, YOU ROCK ON: here's to MONSOON, Season 4 and beyond!

Hmm. Maybe I should tweet that...

I'm not sure we understand what you are saying. You like Sanctuary?

Comment

I enjoyed watching this episode and seeing Magnus kick some serious butt. In my opinion something bad is going to happen to Abby now that she is chasing Abnormals. I didn't mind the kiss at the end it seemed kind of forced, but even Magnus needs to have a little fun every once in a while.
        My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun View Post
          I was disappointed and confused by "the kiss". Confused, because it seemed to come out of no where. I didn't see any hints of Charlotte being attracted to Helen during the episode. Disappointed, because of my personal beliefs regarding sexuality. Personally, I'm taking Helen's reaction as being surprised (didn't see it coming) and that she has missed the intimacy of being in a relationship.
          I think where it came from is Charlotte not being a person who is used to being in life-and-death situations on a regular basis like Helen is. We saw as the episode went on, Charlotte started to develop more hero-worship towards Helen (i.e. Die Hard reference, Doctor of "ass kicking", etc) and when it was all said and done, Charlotte seemed deflated that Helen wasn't going to stay around. Therefore, she acted on her emotions for her "hero".
          Last edited by KayLyne; 29 October 2011, 11:44 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

i'm wondering if the writers have been watching too much Torchwood??!?

for a show that i recently got into because it seemed to have "grown-up" and their mythology was now more interesting (and because of Tesla) it was just a bit lame really.

Co-incidentally i recently listened to the commentary for "breach" and Wood et al were talking about having "action for the sake of action" and how that just wasn't enough in itself....this felt like that to me (and a little Dawson's Creek from Will and Abby)

....bring on Tesla!!!

eccs

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post
              Personally, I'm pure hetero and have a 14 year old daughter. I just feel the world is much better off if non-traditional relationships aren't relegated to pay networks like HBO and Showtime as that might be construed that there is something wrong with them. These sorts of things don't need to be hidden when done tastefully - as this episode was.
              I can't agree more! I personally think we need more exposure as it will only help those coming out to brave the rough waters of bullying by others. Making it seem like it's 'wrong' or 'dirty' or even a 'sin' is just backwards IMO. Love is love no matter the gender. Scifi is supposed to look toward the future so the lessening of the segregation in this genre just seems logical to do. I applaud Sanctuary for not being afraid to break barriers and showing the actual kiss of Helen and Charlotte rather than just implying it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i love surprises, but to me, this one should have been introduced from the beginning, so viewers would know, and know whether they'd want to watch.

but that's just my opinion.
                You'd choose not to watch a new show just based on a characters sexual orientation?!

Comment

~edited to add: is there more blue on the forum now? wait, isn't the black borders gone?
                  That's why my eyes are burning! Its so bright!
                  Sky..forum bosses...I hate blue, cant you try red?

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun View Post
                  My favorite part of the episode was Helen's plane, sad to see it blow up.

I was disappointed and confused by "the kiss". Confused, because it seemed to come out of no where. I didn't see any hints of Charlotte being attracted to Helen during the episode. Disappointed, because of my personal beliefs regarding sexuality. Personally, I'm taking Helen's reaction as being surprised (didn't see it coming) and that she has missed the intimacy of being in a relationship.
                  I got a vibe from her when Magnus is being hit on by CIA dude.
                  Plus after that whole adventure with a kick ass, strong women...it really didnt need to be from the start.

i still think that if they wanted to make helen bi, it should have been right from the beginning of the series. no surprises, especially 4 years into a series.
                  What makes you think she wasnt? She's only mentioned lovers. The ones you know for sure are Druitt and Watson way back in the day. And the dude from Nibbins, the ones that gets killed. There was a hint there. What do you expect? She should carry a sign? Vamp lady sure was hitting on her. Very sexy

i love surprises, but to me, this one should have been introduced from the beginning, so viewers would know, and know whether they'd want to watch.

but that's just my opinion.
                  Its a kiss. Its not like its Torchwood. I dont understand. Ok Sanctuary is somewhat familly friendly but its not like it all of a sudden went all Walking dead or Torchwood on us. What is the big deal? I really dont understand.
                  Could someone explain to me what is so wrong with a kiss?! What are you all afraid of?

EDIT:
                  Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  --Someone else mentioned the bandage on Helen's arm. I didn't notice it the first time I watched the ep, but did the next time. She doesn't have it when she is in the radio tower talking to the bad guys, but then she has it in the next scene when she looks thru the wreckage to find the EM pulse generator.
                  You dont see her putting it on. And once you see it, it doesnt disappear again like the shirt. So no mistake.
                  Last edited by kes; 30 October 2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Hummmm... I'm really in two minds about this whole episode, and after reading loads of post here and on F/b, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

First of all though, total kudos to Amanda for being so comfortable in herself and in her working and personal relationships to do that, for I must say that was one of the most 'comfortable' same sex kisses I've seen on any program. Although still a little forced, I've seen much, much worse.

However, I can help feeling a little dissapointed and maybe even a little betrayed. I studies warrior women closely for my disertation, and every single strong female character had to have a flaw or something to totally separated them from normal men and women. What I LOVED about Magnus was that she was so normal (even if she was a little on the immoral side!) I could see so many elements in her that I see in people in my every day life, even down to being called a Cheeky Monkey by my own Mum! Now, by adding this kiss is, she's been catapulted into the realms of 'different' strong female characters (which are perhaps arguably creating a genre/ genre conventions of their own) thus lacking her original orginiality.

I'm not offended by it, nor do I think its totally unacceptable for the character (come on, surely after 270-odd years, Magnus has tried out a thing or two?!) but it just stuck out in the uncomfortably unsure way. I will emphasize, that I am leaning heavily on being willing to see just where they will write this, how far it will go and how they will generally deal with it (if they do) before forming my decisive opinion. I just sincerly hope that everyone involved in the production will be comfortable with this character beat *not* to place it in EVERY episode from now on *just* to draw attention and make-sure-the audience-doesn't-forget.

On the other side-- some BRILLIANT moments in the episode!! LOVED the 'alpha-dog' response especially-- go girl!

Comment

Originally posted by aerogoddess View Post
                      On the other side-- some BRILLIANT moments in the episode!! LOVED the 'alpha-dog' response especially-- go girl!
                      Now, I've read a lot of people lauding her "kissy face" response to the "Make you *my* dog" line from Blondie... but is it really a Kissy Face or is she just making a condescending tsking expression (read: you wouldn't be able to handle me if you tried)...

I can't decide.... Thoughts?

Comment

kes - ah yes, the bandage just appears, but it doesn't disappear. You're right, not a continuity error.

One thing had been bothering me, why did Charlotte say, "I can't do this" and end up explaining about the deadly virus? Where exactly was the danger at that point? I went back and watched it keeping track of the shirt/no shirt scenes and I think maybe the scene where Helen gives Charlotte a gun and Charlotte asks if she could do this without having to shoot anyone or get shot is supposed to come right before the part where Charlotte says, "I can't do this." Maybe the whole getting shot thing was worrying her mainly because of the deadly virus she was carrying?

Oh yes, and I echo Traveler Enroute1: Sanctuary Rocks! Helen Magnus Rocks! And I will be watching this show every week.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I love the way Magnus can handle herself physically, but more important, she is always thinking and using her brain to get out of tough situations.

I also liked that we did see that she was a bit wobbly--dropping to her knees at one point, despite saying "I've had worse." She may have amazing abilities, but she is human.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I love the way Magnus can handle herself physically, but more important, she is always thinking and using her brain to get out of tough situations.

I also liked that we did see that she was a bit wobbly--dropping to her knees at one point, despite saying "I've had worse." She may have amazing abilities, but she is human.
                            Yeah... That super sonic scream has got to scramble your brains a bit. Even brains as awesome as Magnus'!

Comment

Charlotte has a tatoo on her left arm. Can anyone read what it says?

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                                Charlotte has a tatoo on her left arm. Can anyone read what it says?
                                Uhm, looks like "Nic..."... "Nicola"? :-/

Anybody noticed the cover of the magazine Helen's reading in the beginning? "Fountain of youth?"
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Working...
                                X