Monsoon (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Now, I've read a lot of people lauding her "kissy face" response to the "Make you *my* dog" line from Blondie... but is it really a Kissy Face or is she just making a condescending tsking expression (read: you wouldn't be able to handle me if you tried)...

I can't decide.... Thoughts?
    I agree with the 2nd interpretation. I didn't read that as an actual "kissy face" but a sarcastic "ooh-you're-scaring-me" expression.

This episode really did have a Die Hard feel to it. I loved it - Helen showing the many reasons why she is AWESOME. Ignoring the b-story entirely (and I know some people really want to) it felt like an action movie. If Helen's character were a man played by Bruce Willis, it would be a no-brainer that the saved damsel fell for him. and so it goes with Helen. I didn't think Charlotte's interest in Helen came out of nowhere. They were having friendly conversation at the beginning and Helen gave off a scientist vibe which seemed to intrigue Charlotte. And dubbing her a doctor of ads-kicking sounds pretty admiring.

I also got the sense that Richard Feliz may have a bit of a crush on Helen. There was a scene where he smiles and says something like, "She is not just a woman with cash." The rest of his line is in VoiceOver ad we watch Helen: "She has you all scared." Definitely sense admiration there. And at the end as well. Oh, I think he is a Magnus fan now.

I KNOW I AM!!!

Others posted how the ending felt kind of sad - hearing Helen admit how long it has been since she'd been kissed like that. Anyone think Nikola's kiss in The Five was like that? Another unexpected kiss, though she wasn't interested in continuing that one.

Kinda OT: I haven't been kissed like that in a very long time, too! I think that's part of what made it so sweet to me.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
      I agree with the 2nd interpretation. I didn't read that as an actual "kissy face" but a sarcastic "ooh-you're-scaring-me" expression.

This episode really did have a Die Hard feel to it. I loved it - Helen showing the many reasons why she is AWESOME. Ignoring the b-story entirely (and I know some people really want to) it felt like an action movie. If Helen's character were a man played by Bruce Willis, it would be a no-brainer that the saved damsel fell for him. and so it goes with Helen. I didn't think Charlotte's interest in Helen came out of nowhere. They were having friendly conversation at the beginning and Helen gave off a scientist vibe which seemed to intrigue Charlotte. And dubbing her a doctor of ads-kicking sounds pretty admiring.

I also got the sense that Richard Feliz may have a bit of a crush on Helen. There was a scene where he smiles and says something like, "She is not just a woman with cash." The rest of his line is in VoiceOver ad we watch Helen: "She has you all scared." Definitely sense admiration there. And at the end as well. Oh, I think he is a Magnus fan now.

I KNOW I AM!!!

Others posted how the ending felt kind of sad - hearing Helen admit how long it has been since she'd been kissed like that. Anyone think Nikola's kiss in The Five was like that? Another unexpected kiss, though she wasn't interested in continuing that one.

Kinda OT: I haven't been kissed like that in a very long time, too! I think that's part of what made it so sweet to me.
      I dunno about you guys, but after Untouchable, I'm so glad that Team Magnus has someone in their corner. With everyone and their mother turning against the Sanctuary, I was thrilled to see that Feliz was both a fabulous personality and a fabulous personality who was clearly head over heels for Magnus (non-romantically, of course. That would have been a cliche. And we all know how I feel about those... ). They needed an ally, a good one, and Feliz is going to be awesome to have around.

And I get the feeling that while he's kinda funny and eccentric, he has a wicked edge. And I grin as I think that that edge will be on MAGNUS' side. Addison is gonna be blown away... (Literally, I hope, kinda like how the baddies were this week )

Comment

I liked the episode. Magus is so 100% bad ass it's awesome. And I liked the kiss, it makes sense she'd be open to it after 300+ years, even if she's more into men as a rule. And Charlotte was a good character I thought.

Onto the B plot. I find Abbey incredibly meh and boring in general so I wasn't imclined to be interested anyway, but I found Will totally unlikable for the first time in this ep after usually not minding him.

Comment

Guys

I'm speaking as a mod at the moment. Whatever is going on over at the Sanctuary Facebook page....is going on over THERE. Keep it off of here.

As a mod I don't care what they're doing, not doing.

We've always had a 'keep stuff with other sites of of GW' rule, so please, take your issues with them elsewhere.

thank you
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            I dunno about you guys, but after Untouchable, I'm so glad that Team Magnus has someone in their corner. With everyone and their mother turning against the Sanctuary, I was thrilled to see that Feliz was both a fabulous personality and a fabulous personality who was clearly head over heels for Magnus (non-romantically, of course. That would have been a cliche. And we all know how I feel about those... ). They needed an ally, a good one, and Feliz is going to be awesome to have around.

And I get the feeling that while he's kinda funny and eccentric, he has a wicked edge. And I grin as I think that that edge will be on MAGNUS' side. Addison is gonna be blown away... (Literally, I hope, kinda like how the baddies were this week )
            Ditto. Feliz is gonna be one nifty ally, and a pretty unorthodox one from his reaction to the near death goings-on. I want to see what's on that plane he lives on! And something tells me he'll have some cool Ops guys/resources to keep his Helen safe. Think I'll start rooting for his recurring return now, and avoid the Christmas rush.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

what'll be interesting is if Feliz and magnus partner up in a way....as in, think x-men. He's supporting her and her abnormals, and he 'employes' some of them. NOt all the time of course, but it would be a 'way to get into trouble so the sanctuary team can get out of it'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
                I liked the episode. Magus is so 100% bad ass it's awesome. And I liked the kiss, it makes sense she'd be open to it after 300+ years, even if she's more into men as a rule. And Charlotte was a good character I thought.

Onto the B plot. I find Abbey incredibly meh and boring in general so I wasn't imclined to be interested anyway, but I found Will totally unlikable for the first time in this ep after usually not minding him.
                I've been unimpressed with Abby since her first intrusion - oops, - appearance. I just don't like her with Will. She seemed to bring out a boy in him when he was just gaining more respect and responsibility with the Sanctuary. And yeah, this ep didn't show him kindly, although to be fair, young love don't show kindly on most!

I like him, liked how he saw his place helping Helen and the others keep a vulnerable albeit frightening populace safe. They need space. Maybe Abby will grow in her own new career role, and Will can get back to being Helen's main man. I miss his ability to reach and counsel Abnormals.

And oh, Abby is so not allowed to say, 'Boys!' Whenever Helen says, 'Be careful, boys" when they're on a mission, I smile because she says it so naturally - they ARE boys to her! But when Abby said it to Will and Agent Yuck Guy, I cringed. OK, eccentric but there it is.

I hope Will takes the hint and decides he's a Sanctuary man and Abby ain't his kind of gal.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  what'll be interesting is if Feliz and magnus partner up in a way....as in, think x-men. He's supporting her and her abnormals, and he 'employes' some of them. NOt all the time of course, but it would be a 'way to get into trouble so the sanctuary team can get out of it'.
                  Cool! An Abnormal Ops team - AOT? They come out of the woodwork - or become the woodwork - when needed! Helen and the Sanctuary Team would never know who they are until they save their tails from certain defeat. And of course sometimes the Ops Abs would be impatient for action but have to refrain and we'd see their 'darn it!' reactions.

Well, maybe not. But as long as the surprises keep a-coming I'll keep a-watching. Definitely like the partnership angle.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know, there was a time when TPTB censored Petula Clark (who is white) touching the arm of Harry Belafonte (who is black) during a TV special when they sang together. It was Star Trek who brought us the first inter-racial kiss on TV. Star Trek also showed a woman on the bridge and eventually a female captain, as well as a mutli-cultural crew. Sanctuary at its basic level is about acceptance. Given what I have read about comments on Sanctuary's FB page I guess we haven't come as far as I thought.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Guys

I'm speaking as a mod at the moment. Whatever is going on over at the Sanctuary Facebook page....is going on over THERE. Keep it off of here.

As a mod I don't care what they're doing, not doing.

We've always had a 'keep stuff with other sites of of GW' rule, so please, take your issues with them elsewhere.

thank you
                      Sorry, Sky, didn't see this until after my post. If you feel it necessary to delete my post, go ahead but I would prefer it stays so I won't delete it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Anyone know why this was called Monsoon? I didn't pay very close attention to the previews after last week's episode and from the title was expecting Helen stranded in a storm with some enemies.
                        DDC

Comment

I'm thinking it's a reference to the unreliable weather purported to be in Mozambique... I think the Monsoon here is the hostage situation. ::nods::

That sounds about right...

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                            Anyone know why this was called Monsoon? I didn't pay very close attention to the previews after last week's episode and from the title was expecting Helen stranded in a storm with some enemies.
                            Maybe they were in the monsoon season.

sigpic

Comment

Or it´s referring to the stuff what´s going on after the kiss.

Comment

pretty good episode

loved all the die hard stuff

and magnus's plane, that paint job, looked kinda military, and the pop out turrets a bit millennium falcon

as for that kiss, i thought there was some chemistry between them the whole way through, actually seemed like pretty much everyone there was a bit keen on magnus

Comment

Working...
                                X