Monsoon (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steff View Post
    It doesn't go both ways on Sanctuary FB.... They delete your arse unless you agree with their point of view...... Why is this bothering me? Doesn't everyone have the right to their individual feelings? Even those opinions a person doesn't agree with?

i still think that if they wanted to make helen bi, it should have been right from the beginning of the series. no surprises, especially 4 years into a series.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i still think that if they wanted to make helen bi, it should have been right from the beginning of the series. no surprises, especially 4 years into a series.
      Now I still don't think this one kiss makes her bi. Don't you think she just misses intimacy of a human being? I do. Plus the other girl kissed her first and we have no indication of sex. Does everyone out there have sex with every person they have ever kissed? I am very conservative but a kiss is not sex. I'm a kissing person and glad I wasn't required to sex up every kissing partner out there.

Comment

You know....in helen's life I'm sure she's seen humans pairing up with abnormals...which, in the view of VIllanova and the UN, would be deemed bestiality since they don't see abnormals as human.

In her nearly 300 years of life, 1/3 of which was in some sort of solitude, 1/4th of which was in the strict confines of victorian england, where she wasn't even deemed 'human' enough to vote. She fought prejudice and bigotry to be allowed to study medicine. She's seen her friends live and die for her cause. She's seen abnormals slaughtered just for what they were (think Jews and WWII for that kind of genocide). She' seen the best and worst of humanity. In fact, I'm sure she's seen humans treating abnormals worse than animals. She's apparently lived and experienced tons of cultures and lifestyles.

A woman kissed her and Magnus kissed her back.

The prospect of Will/Magnus creeps me out more....personally speaking (no offense to those shippers)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

this kiss was shown in a comcast promo (like for dvr or something), and shown at the nbc new york promote your show thingie recently.

also, yesterday, damian kindler reminded ppl to watch the show, and 'Tune in and don't miss the very end!'.

not a huge promotion, but not total ignoring it either.
          I never said they ignored it, but there's a massive difference between a mention and ratings stunt IMO. Having the Edge in Into the Black was a ratings stunt, the episode promotions made special mention of it. That wasn't the case with this episode. The Comcast promo was for S4 in general, not just Monsoon, and DK has what 7000 followers on twitter? That's a drop in the bucket in terms of ratings, esp since many of the followers aren't in the US (or have Nielson boxes).

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I was a little taken aback by the kiss but then remembered they had talked about something like that happening. I agree with those who said it sort of came out of the blue in the episode, but on the other hand how often do we see shows where members of the opposite sex go through hell together and the episode ends on a kiss? I'm not a big fan of it, but at least I kind of liked Lemur Lady.
          much better than the Will and Abby stuff.
          I definitely felt the absence of Bigfoot and Kate in the B story. bleh.
          I will rewatch this one, but with my finger on the FF button for the b story...
          Yeah, while I didn't care much for the Kate/Henry stuff in Eulogy at the time, it was much better done than the Steno hunt in this episode. For all of Will and Henry's talk of being experts while Abby and Gavin were the amateurs, they were less than impressive in their attempts to capture the Steno.

No surprises? Not very interesting, IMHO, if we know everything about a character right from the pilot...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            No surprises? Not very interesting, IMHO, if we know everything about a character right from the pilot...
            i love surprises, but to me, this one should have been introduced from the beginning, so viewers would know, and know whether they'd want to watch.

but that's just my opinion.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i love surprises, but to me, this one should have been introduced from the beginning, so viewers would know, and know whether they'd want to watch.

but that's just my opinion.
              I'm just kinda wondering where, in Sanctuary for All, DK should have included a mention by Helen of 'oh by the way, I've had relationships with women before,' without it seeming wildly out of place considering the storylines in that episode.

sigpic

Comment

the women kissed her first, and from what i saw (only saw the ep once), helen was surprised by it. then says something about that felt good and kissed her back. now that i've had a few hours to think about it, i think it was a great surprise. though:

Spoiler:
                i was happy to read a few pages earlier that she is just in one ep. would have taken away the kick ass magnas
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  I'm just kinda wondering where, in Sanctuary for All, DK should have included a mention by Helen of 'oh by the way, I've had relationships with women before,' without it seeming wildly out of place considering the storylines in that episode.
                  In my opinion, the only way a comment like that could have been in an episode without being OTT, would be if they were dealing with some sort of abnormal acting out and them having to track down him/her because their mating drive causes some change to draw the attention, or something like that. Like...oh if biggie's 'every five years' was a plot line. And it'd be some.....'the blankey blank abnormal actually requires three to breed. the male, the female and the incubating partner' 'so, like, it's a threesome every time?'(someone would just have to quip), then magnus could make some remark about the frogs that change gender or the komodo dragon that literally had a virgin birth (no males were in her enclosure, she fertilized her own eggs and made baby clones of herself). The comment would come about how something as 'simple' as reproduction being so complicated. Then helen could say something about 'if you think that's complicated we don't even want to go into the complicated nature of sexual attraction.

or the comment could be made about those examples of male free reproduction and helen could quip back 'yes, and sexual attraction sometimes defies the constraints of heterosexuality.....'

so, theoretically, sure, they could have mentioned it. But since there's never been an episode about reproduction and attraction so....no easy way to toss that in there.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    In my opinion, the only way a comment like that could have been in an episode without being OTT, would be if they were dealing with some sort of abnormal acting out and them having to track down him/her because their mating drive causes some change to draw the attention, or something like that. Like...oh if biggie's 'every five years' was a plot line. And it'd be some.....'the blankey blank abnormal actually requires three to breed. the male, the female and the incubating partner' 'so, like, it's a threesome every time?'(someone would just have to quip), then magnus could make some remark about the frogs that change gender or the komodo dragon that literally had a virgin birth (no males were in her enclosure, she fertilized her own eggs and made baby clones of herself). The comment would come about how something as 'simple' as reproduction being so complicated. Then helen could say something about 'if you think that's complicated we don't even want to go into the complicated nature of sexual attraction.

or the comment could be made about those examples of male free reproduction and helen could quip back 'yes, and sexual attraction sometimes defies the constraints of heterosexuality.....'

so, theoretically, sure, they could have mentioned it. But since there's never been an episode about reproduction and attraction so....no easy way to toss that in there.
                    Just sent your ideas off to Damian and Gillian. Everyone be patient for the Season 5 Reproduction Episode. hehe... You know if it is at the end of season 5 the end of the episode could climax with the birth of Henry and Erika's Hap baby...

But for a real place they could have had a subtle admission from Helen would have been the Dinner on the roof where Helen talks about waking up with "A Beatle".... Could have been waking up with... *Insert famous Female from history here*

Comment

A few non-kiss thoughts:
                      --Will: "He's our underground ally." Henry: "Lawless island? Sounds dogdy." Will: "Oh, come on. For "Bullets And Leather" Magnus? She can handle it."
                      --Helen: "Whatever fantasies you have about you and I are not going to happen." Such a classy way to say, "Keep dreaming."
                      --Love that the Canadian photographer promises Helen he won't hit on her and says, "but only because I have a killer deadline to make." And her good-natured reply, "Good enough."
                      --Wasn't Brad frisked early on (just like Helen)? How did he conceal a gun to shoot the lead bad guy with?
                      --Did anyone else shake their head when one of the baddies trying to hijack Helen's plane exclaimed, "Miley Cyrus!"? Or did I mishear it ever time I've watched this episode?
                      --Someone else mentioned the bandage on Helen's arm. I didn't notice it the first time I watched the ep, but did the next time. She doesn't have it when she is in the radio tower talking to the bad guys, but then she has it in the next scene when she looks thru the wreckage to find the EM pulse generator.
                      --I like the fact that there isn't any info to be found online on Helen Magnus. I've often wondered how Helen has to change identities and/or her information so no one notices how old she is. It would make sense to keep her off the grid from the general world as much as possible.
                      --Along those lines, I didn't have a problem with the fact that these abnormals didn't know Helen. Every single abnormal in the world can't possibly know her!
                      --I'm pretty sure the voice of Feliz's pilot is Martin Wood. Anyone else think so?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        A few non-kiss thoughts:
                        -
                        --Did anyone else shake their head when one of the baddies trying to hijack Helen's plane exclaimed, "Miley Cyrus!"? Or did I mishear it ever time I've watched this episode?

--I'm pretty sure the voice of Feliz's pilot is Martin Wood. Anyone else think so?
                        What does that mean? Miley Cyrus? I'm not up on my Bad-guy lingo.

I listened and maybe hear a bit of Martin Wood's accent but not clear.

Comment

Better way, Helen, citing those examples could trigger the comment that not all reproduction requires a male. Which wold lead into 'yes, and neither does exert example of sexual attraction' which would make the guys squirm and lead to one of them abruptly changing the topic ( likely Henry) 'and now that I feel totally useless how about.......)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Better way, Helen, citing those examples could trigger the comment that not all reproduction requires a male. Which wold lead into 'yes, and neither does exert example of sexual attraction' which would make the guys squirm and lead to one of them abruptly changing the topic ( likely Henry) 'and now that I feel totally useless how about.......)
                            Lil Henry was raised by Helen like a Mum. No boy wants to think of Muma having ANY SEX.

Comment

Yep. And I meant every example ( danged auto correct)

But nothing would make Henry squirm more than the thought of Magnus getting jiggy with anything.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                                What does that mean? Miley Cyrus? I'm not up on my Bad-guy lingo.
                                Miley Cyrus doesn't really make any sense to me. She's famous for being Hannah Montana (and a recording artist and daughter of "Achy Breaky Heart" singer Billy Ray Cyrus.) Why would a bad guy say her name?

A little off topic, but does anyone know why the episode Monsoon is available to purchase on iTunes BUT it won't download to my iTunes account? (I bought a season 4 pass and each episode is supposed to download as they are available.)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X