X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Season 3

.....Total........Total....A18-49....Viewer**...Syfy
    Ep...Viewers.....HH..Shr...HH..Shr...Change %...Ratg.
    .1 - 1,787,000...1.1..2....0.6..2....+19.7......1.30
    .2 - 1,380,000...0.9..2....0.4..1....-22.8......1.06
    .3 - 1,479,000...0.9..2....0.4..1.....+7.2......1.06

** from last ep

Comparison to Syfy Weekly Average Primetime households
    ................Total.....................A18-49
    Week ending..Syfy....Sanctuary..% dif..Syfy....Sanctuary..% dif.
    17-Oct-10...859,000..1,274,900..+48.4..D.N.R....695,400
    24-Oct-10...875,000..1,043,100..+19.2..594,000..463,600....-22.0

D.N.R. = did not rank in Top 10

S3 averages (to date) -
    Total viewers - 1,548,667
    National HH ratings : Total - 1.0, A18-49 - 0.5

Looking at the numbers from last week and this week, although the viewer numbers were slightly higher, there was no differnce in the HH and share numbers, like Rox and Jelgate were refering to.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Why are people predicting ratings for next week? Is there a pool I don't know about?
      it's kind of like a sport, from what the sgu ratings thread does. we're just trying to see who gets the closest to the actual viewer numbers.

well, it's fun*ner* over there, but there's more ppl over there.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        it's kind of like a sport, from what the sgu ratings thread does. we're just trying to see who gets the closest to the actual viewer numbers.

Not a fan of SGU so I don't care what they do in their threads, this is a Sanctuary thread.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh.

Nah, sorry.

I don't like tempting fate.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Anywho, I am quite happy it seems Sanctuary got more viewers. Tis the first step to those numbers actually changing the rating.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Guys, let's all agree on one thing, we're all fans of the show, we want it to succeed, and it has so far, so lets all *just* be happy for it and continue to enjoy the show, and be proud of its success. I'm very glad and relieved it went up from last week, and that's cause alone to be happy and be proud. Is there a chance the ratings can go down? Yes. Can they go down a lot? Yes. ALL shows everywhere go down and up, and since day one I've been ready for the bad times, ratings-wise, and when things do get bad, I'll be ready.

I have no idea when that will happen, and I don't know how low the ratings it'll go, but I do know 2 things. Today is not that day, and like I said before, right now there is NO immediate trouble, or cause for concern. So for the moment, lets all be happy for the show, the cast and crew are, so us fans should be happy as well.

Comment

Oh.

Nah, sorry.

I don't like tempting fate.

that's kind of why i'm afraid to participate myself.

Anywho, I am quite happy it seems Sanctuary got more viewers. Tis the first step to those numbers actually changing the rating.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

This is a quick recap of basic rating terms :

Sanctuary
                  - 1.479 million viewers
                  - 0.9/2 HH
                  - 0.4/1 A18-49

First line
                  Viewers above are the total number of viewers watching, it is an average for the duration of the show. Paid subscribers can get breakdowns of the show duration down to the minute by minute level in some cases.

Second line
                  The total household rating followed by the share.
                  The Household rating is expressed as a percentage and is calculated by dividing the number of households watching by the total number of households possible (often referred to as a universe).
                  Households Watching / Total Households * 100 = HH rating percentage

The share is also expressed as a percentage and is calculated by dividing the number of households watching by the number of households with TV's turned on for that particular time period.
                  Households Watching / Households Using TV * 100 = HH share percentage

Third line
                  Is similar to the second line but is specifically for the sub group of people in the Adult 18 to 49 years of age range.

/ = divide
                  * = multiply
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    This is a quick recap of basic rating terms :

Sanctuary
                    - 1.479 million viewers
                    - 0.9/2 HH
                    - 0.4/1 A18-49

First line
                    Viewers above are the total number of viewers watching, it is an average for the duration of the show. Paid subscribers can get breakdowns of the show duration down to the minute by minute level in some cases.

Second line
                    The total household rating followed by the share.
                    The Household rating is expressed as a percentage and is calculated by dividing the number of households watching by the total number of households possible (often referred to as a universe).
                    Households Watching / Total Households * 100 = HH rating percentage

The share is also expressed as a percentage and is calculated by dividing the number of households watching by the number of households with TV's turned on for that particular time period.
                    Households Watching / Households Using TV * 100 = HH share percentage

Third line
                    Is similar to the second line but is specifically for the sub group of people in the Adult 18 to 49 years of age range.

/ = divide
                    * = multiply
                    So if I have this right….

1, 479, 000 viewers watched the show
                    0.9% of all possible households watched the show (even if they had their TVs off that night)
                    2% of the households actually watching TV Friday night at 10 EDT watched
                    0.4% of all adults aged 18-49 watched (even if they had their TVs off that night)
                    And 1% of the adults actually watching TV Friday night at 10 EDT watched.

I think Sally and a lot of other people are probably wondering, “Are these good ratings?” Unfortunately, it's not a simple answer. "Good" depends on a lot of other factors that we know nothing about including the subscription cost for Syfy, C3 ratings, the ratings in other key demographics, and Syfy’s primetime average ratings.

But considering Sanctuary not only got renewed with these kinds of ratings last season but got a 20 episode order, I would say that Sanctuary is doing just fine for now. I would only start to worry if it dropped below 1,000,000 viewers. It would be nice if it would go up a bit in the household ratings and the 18-49 demographic, but even there it is still doing about what it was during the second half of the last season.

In fact, the share ratings really have remained fairly steady from last season to this one. But like suse, I'm just glad the viewer rating are going up a bit. Maybe by the end of the season, the household ratings and share will be up too.

Comment

People, we are ALL Sanctuary fans, we all have the same goals, and want to see the same things. We want to see the show do well, grow, evolve, succeed, and for the ratings to go/stay up, and it did tonight. We got what we wanted again, and this is NOT the time to argue, or whatever, this is a time to come together, and be proud of our show, just as the cast and crew our. They work very hard to bring us this show, all we have to do is sit back, and enjoy it. When the ratings go up, it's a time to celebrate and be proud, and when they go down, we still come together and talk about how bad it is, or how good it can be and so on.

This is our show, our show to enjoy, and be proud of, ratings going up is definitely a reason to be proud, NOT to cause... *this*. Sanctuary fans should NOT be fighting or arguing about something that we should be celebrating over, this is cause to be happy, and feel comforted that for this week, we're safe no cause for concern. The ratings are up, so lets enjoy that, and worry when they go down. Enjoy now, worry later.

Comment

i'm... predicting...

it's tiny, but up!
                        Just to throw my 2 cents in (or, a few viewer numbers), I predict 1.490 ... just for the heck of it.

Comment

Honestly, I don't really care what the numbers are just what they mean. Divide, multiply, whatever....tells me nothing really. They're just numbers. Unless I can put them into some kind of context, they mean nothing. Anyone able to do that? As someone just said, is this good, bad, neutral compared to other Syfy products, or is it simply too early to tell?

Bottom line: Are these good enough "numbers" to get the show renewed, or, again, is it simply too early to tell. And when are we likely to tell?

Thanks for the info!
                          Last edited by NoCleverSig; 02 November 2010, 10:25 AM.
                          sigpic
                          A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

The ratings debate has gone on for years - but really no one knows which ratings are considered good or bad. We don't know what SyFy is looking for. The ratings could be exceeding their expectations, could be right on target or it could be lower than they hoped. How much money is Syfy pouring into Sanctuary and how much return on their investment are they getting? We don't know.

Bottom line - We can't control it, other than to watch and tell others about the show. As a fan all we can do is celebrate when we see the numbers go up. Don't panic if then numbers go down. How much is enough - Again we don't know (see a pattern yet ). People can can give their opinion of what they think is bad or good, but in the end - it only matters what SyFy decides.

So why not celebrate that more people are watching whether that's 10 people or 100,000 (which is the population of a small city). So just have fun with the ratings ... and don't get too wrapped up in them.
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 02 November 2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              The ratings debate has gone on for years - but really no one knows which ratings are considered good or bad. We don't know what SyFy is looking for. The ratings could be exceeding their expectations, could be right on target or it could be lower than they hoped. How much money is Syfy pouring into Sanctuary and how much return on their investment are they getting? We don't know.

Bottom line - We can't control it, other than to watch and tell others about the show. As a fan all we can do is celebrate when we see the numbers go up. Don't panic if then numbers go down. How much is enough - Again we don't know (see a pattern yet ). People can can give their opinion of what they think is bad or good, but in the end - it only matters what SyFy decides.

So why not celebrate that more people are watching whether that's 10 people or 100,000 (which is the population of a small city). So just have fun with the ratings ... and don't get too wrapped up in them.
                              Most excellent advice: Let go of things I cannot control....Now can you help me with the rest of my life? Seriously, good advice. Just watch, spread the news, and enjoy. Thanks for the reminder!

nc
                              sigpic
                              A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

Here some new numbers release today...

SyFy's Primetime average for Week of October 25-31, 2010'

1,286,000 Million viewers

Sanctuary - Bank Job

1,479,000 Million viewers

+15%

*In a nutshell a show that performs above the network average is usually in good shape unless other factors like costs get into the way. My opinion, Sanctuary is doing well, and a renewal should happen if they can keep building from this audience. That is just my opinion of course. Not trying to mislead anyone, but having numbers above the network average is always a good start.*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X