This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nesais View Post
    sanctuarys lowest this season still better than sgus best for this season. good for sanctuary bad for sgu. thanks for posting that brian. i think sanctuary will do good enough for this season. they'll have some awesome magnus episodes, some nice developments with plotlines leading up to some cool cliffhangers. along with some awesome guest stars. this season will be better than ever.
    I think it would be best to not get anywhere near a Sanctuary / SGU contest vibe here. Try and keep it on an analysis basis for Sanctuary alone. I'm not saying that this is what you are doing here but I can see it heading down that road between the two fandoms if people are not careful and nobody likes a public p@@@@ing contest between fandoms, it brings disrepute on everyone.

Last week was Sanctuary's lowest ever Live+SD viewers and I'd personally feel better if it went up. It still remains above the Syfy primetime average though so that is good but like last season, IMO, it's in the bottom end of "good" and heading down towards "average". However on the upside, based on the first 9 airings last season Sanctuary not only got renewed on Syfy but got an increased ep order, the average (Live+SD) at that point was 1,570,000 and currently the average is 1,475,750 (not including last Fridays). So I think we are still in "good" territory for the moment.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      (snip)

Good news for Sanctuary fans. You have a series that does not cost Syfy as much, and it is in the top 5 of programming. In my honest opinion, Sanctuary is in good shape if they can at least hold their numbers.
      thanks for passing that along, brian!

~brings some relief to my s4 renewal hopes~
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

Last week was Sanctuary's lowest ever Live+SD viewers and I'd personally feel better if it went up. It still remains above the Syfy primetime average though so that is good but like last season, IMO, it's in the bottom end of "good" and heading down towards "average". However on the upside, based on the first 9 airings last season Sanctuary not only got renewed on Syfy but got an increased ep order, the average (Live+SD) at that point was 1,570,000 and currently the average is 1,475,750 (not including last Fridays). So I think we are still in "good" territory for the moment.
        If Sanctuary can have some of their key eps, like mid-season finales, mid-season premieres, and Season finales have a nice uptick, that will help that average stay up, even when the other middle eps dip. This is a new thing for Sanctuary with 20 eps. I do hope we see some steady increases over the next few eps. But to be the #4 show on the network that week, not too bad at all, imo.
        sigpic

Comment

If Sanctuary can have some of their key eps, like mid-season finales, mid-season premieres, and Season finales have a nice uptick, that will help that average stay up, even when the other middle eps dip. This is a new thing for Sanctuary with 20 eps. I do hope we see some steady increases over the next few eps. But to be the #4 show on the network that week, not too bad at all, imo.
          yeah, considering that it was it's lowest so far.

here's a question for you, brian. if the show was renewed on the ratings it's getting now, but for some horrible reason started going down (to caprica's numbers); could the network change their minds and cancel it anyways, even after saying they'd do a 4th season?

and, if sanct stayed right in that 1.2 viewers range, do you think it could still be renewed?

i know i'm asking a lot, but i'll just take your opinion.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

here's a question for you, brian. if the show was renewed on the ratings it's getting now, but for some horrible reason started going down (to caprica's numbers); could the network change their minds and cancel it anyways, even after saying they'd do a 4th season?

and, if sanct stayed right in that 1.2 viewers range, do you think it could still be renewed?

word on 4th season renewal will come in january? apologies if its already been said in this thread my eyes cant handle pages of comments right now

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

They would have to get really low for the network to pull it, but then if they did they would eventually air them. When a renewal decision is made the network basically pays for the season, it's not like they pay as the episode airs. So most likely if Sanctuary is renewed for a 4th season it will air in it's entirely. If the numbers begin to a decline where the show is not making a profit anymore, they will just not renew it for a 5th season. Cable shows and Major Network shows are in two different boats.
              sigpic

Comment

word on 4th season renewal will come in january? apologies if its already been said in this thread my eyes cant handle pages of comments right now
                This is Sanctuary's first time with 20 eps, so they would likely make a decision half way through, which I guess would be Dec/Jan? It should be interesting what happens with the schedule. I am hoping they do what they did with SGA and let it run straight through with no or at least a very little hiatus. But I don't think that will happen.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, word came out that S1 was renewed for S2 on Nov 14, that's when The Five aired. S2 was renewed for S3 on Dec 14, around the time Penance aired.

I know I said Kush once before, and that was my mistake.

Comment

thanks, brian.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Yep, not too shabby at all. That's what I'm hoping will happen that as the back 5 of the first half season air and ramps up to the midseason finale that the ratings ramp up as well.
                      -

Comment

Just posted by Travis Yanan:

Sanctuary
                        - 1.574 million viewers
                        - 1.0/2 HH
                        - 0.5/2 A18-49

I guess majorsal was closest, but none of our predictors were close. I have to say that I'm rather glad about that. Let's hope the number doesn't go down again.

ETA: Ratings for WWE SD -

WWE Smackdown (120 minutes)
                        - 2.696 million viewers
                        - 1.5/3 HH
                        - 0.9/3 A18-49
                        Last edited by Melora; 15 November 2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post

Sanctuary
                          - 1.574 million viewers
                          - 1.0/2 HH
                          - 0.5/2 A18-49

Woo hoo, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Comment

Now that is a nice uptick! eh Realm!?

Sanctuary is in good shape, imo. It shows they can bounce back nicely even after a low. What is that a 300,000 viewer uptick?

Also, to add the 18 to 49 demo went up as well!
                            Last edited by Briangate78; 15 November 2010, 02:09 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary
                              - 1.574 million viewers
                              - 1.0/2 HH
                              - 0.5/2 A18-49

I guess majorsal was closest, but none of our predictors were close. I have to say that I'm rather glad about that. Let's hope the number doesn't go down again.

ETA: Ratings for WWE SD -

WWE Smackdown (120 minutes)
                              - 2.696 million viewers
                              - 1.5/3 HH
                              - 0.9/3 A18-49
                              woot! glad to see it go back to better numbers. grats majorsal. i'm glad all the guess were wrong too

majorsal - 1.359 million viewers
                              nesais - 1.35 million viewers
                              hedwign - 1.31 million viewers
                              chrono trigger - 1.236 million viewers
                              siles - 1.25 mil viewers

i wonder if thats a boost from the tesla ep. last week or what. or do wrestlers get the promo with kate in leather during their ad breaks?

Animus predictions

nesais - 1.49 mil

Comment

Sanctuary
                                - 1.574 million viewers
                                - 1.0/2 HH
                                - 0.5/2 A18-49

Yay for Kate and her cat suit!
                                sigpic
                                A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

Working...
                                X