Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind if I stop in for a second?

Though I very rarely ship, I've really liked the interaction between Nikola and Helen, and have been thinking about them more and more. I have to say this most recent episode put a damper on my thoughts about their relationship, however. It wasn't the Druitt scene, but rather the scene between Nikola and Will towards the end.

Nikola says "And if we [don't find a treatment], she dies, Adam dies, we don't get into the city, and all its secrets are lost". And just the way he said it, it seemed as if the city is what was really important to him, not Helen, and that was the reason he went to get the charter. That got me thinking, if he had a choice between learning about some completely unknown, advanced technology like the city or saving Helen's life, I'm not sure that would be an easy decision for him.

So yeah, I was just curious to know what your thoughts are on that scene.

Comment

As an EARLY Holiday present, I give you your December Teslen Wallpaper Calander.

To download:

http://emengeecupcake.deviantart.com/#/d3493m3

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Emengee; 05 December 2010, 12:34 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
        As an EARLY Holiday present, I give you your December Teslen Wallpaper Calander.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ke-d3493m3.jpg

To download:

http://emengeecupcake.deviantart.com/#/d3493m3

Enjoy!
        Aww that's so cute
        sigpic
        My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post

Though I very rarely ship, I've really liked the interaction between Nikola and Helen, and have been thinking about them more and more. I have to say this most recent episode put a damper on my thoughts about their relationship, however. It wasn't the Druitt scene, but rather the scene between Nikola and Will towards the end.

Nikola says "And if we [don't find a treatment], she dies, Adam dies, we don't get into the city, and all its secrets are lost". And just the way he said it, it seemed as if the city is what was really important to him, not Helen, and that was the reason he went to get the charter. That got me thinking, if he had a choice between learning about some completely unknown, advanced technology like the city or saving Helen's life, I'm not sure that would be an easy decision for him.

.................................................. *word*

It hit me the first time, and then I though about it, Nikola really tries to hide his emotions, and what scares him the most is the lose Helen. But to not show this, he talked about losing Adam and the secrets of the city. Got it? =D

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
            .................................................. *word*

It hit me the first time, and then I though about it, Nikola really tries to hide his emotions, and what scares him the most is the lose Helen. But to not show this, he talked about losing Adam and the secrets of the city. Got it? =D
            Yea. But I mean remember in The Five? He did admit he loved her..then said it might not work. lol but STILL he said it!
            I have a feeling he wants to find the lost city so bad like the rest of them but then again......he doesn't want Helen to die. He cares for her. I mean duhh why wouldn't he?? They've been friends for over 100 years.
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post

Actually I totally agree with you. It's part of the reason I find it so hard to be a Tesla Trooper AND a Teslenite. XD Part of Nikola's awesomeness is the fact that he is so obsessed with discovering things and getting as close to perfection as is abnormally-possible. I think he cares for Helen ALMOST as much. A choice between the two might just tear him in half--or cause him to freeze up for once in his life.
              Also, though, I think his main defense mechanism is to cover his emotions and just tackle things with his mind--since it's so powerful.
              Remember in "End of Nights" when he's talking to Will after the webchat with Clara? I actually wrote down the conversation. I'm that lame.

Nikola: “Young love is so heartbreaking to observe. As a scientist. So passionate, so innocent, and yet so utterly doomed.”
              Will: “Huh. So, I’m guessing you’ve never been in love, then.”
              Nikola: “Countless times, my friend. See, the difference is, I recognize the emotion for what it is. An irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy.”

He admits to falling prey to the very emotion he so analytically dismisses. His mind might hate it, but his heart is utterly Helen's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                He admits to falling prey to the very emotion he so analytically dismisses. His mind might hate it, but his heart is utterly Helen's.
                +1 I totally agree, couldn't have say better!

Comment

This ship is very... odd. And I mean that in a good way, of course
                  I's like AT said. The relationship between Helen and Niko is interesting, in a way that you'll never know what you'll get. (Because ''Teslen is like a box of chocolates...'' ) One moment the athmosphere surrounding them is carefree and fun 'n' flirty and the next it's so tense that it makes you wonder why in earth they put up with each other (because really, it's not just Nikola who has issues ). It's a little... manic. So when you see Tesla making decisions that contradict the way he usually is with Helen in the name of science it, IMHO, isn't too weird. I also believe that he does care about Helen's health without showing or even admitting to that.

Read this FKaC review, and there's this bit

''Other things I enjoyed included
                  Spoiler:
                  the shippy moments from Helen and Tesla to Tesla and Hank. There were sooo many that the fan-girl in me swooned. Did all the guys just up their crushable hotness? Because of this episode, I want to have Damian Kindler’s love child and name him/her Sanctuary. I loved Tesla’s concern for Helen’s injury.
                  And, if they continue to tame/mature him, I’ll definitely see him as a viable love interest.''
                  What do you guys think about the bolded part? Would a more mature/tame Niko be a better half of the ship?
                  Last edited by DutchIndeed; 06 December 2010, 03:11 AM.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                    I agree too AND I don't believe he really feels this way now..

“See, the difference is, I recognize the emotion for what it is. An irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy.”
                    He knows that he cares for her, and that he will always
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

This conversation was interesting and ..
                      Spoiler:
                      and we can see that he really minds if Helen dies.
                      Will: We will find the treatment.
                      Nikola : And if we don´t, she dies, Adam dies, we don´t get into the city and all of the secrets will be lost.
                      Will : So it happens. We will deal with it.
                      Nikola : I don´t think so.

I think that his last line belongs to Helen. I want to believe
                      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Nikola : And if we don´t, she dies, Adam dies, we don´t get into the city and all of the secrets will be lost.

well said mon amoureuse! <3 xD you totally true, I think he just doesn't want to give up Helen that easily, that's why he really wanted to find the Sanctuary charter.

Comment

Flying by to drop this:

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            This ship is very... odd. And I mean that in a good way, of course
                            I's like AT said. The relationship between Helen and Niko is interesting, in a way that you'll never know what you'll get. (Because ''Teslen is like a box of chocolates...'' ) One moment the athmosphere surrounding them is carefree and fun 'n' flirty and the next it's so tense that it makes you wonder why in earth they put up with each other (because really, it's not just Nikola who has issues ). It's a little... manic. So when you see Tesla making decisions that contradict the way he usually is with Helen in the name of science it, IMHO, isn't too weird. I also believe that he does care about Helen's health without showing or even admitting to that.

Read this FKaC review, and there's this bit

What do you guys think about the bolded part? Would a more mature/tame Niko be a better half of the ship?
                            It would certainly make a more stable relationship, yes? lol Right now there's not really a relationship because of their mutual issues (Niko's being his other passions competing with his love for Helen). So, I guess if he was more focused on her, that would work, but I think he'd lose a lot of his charm if he was more mature/tame. I like snarky, slightly wild Tesla.

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                            Spoiler:

I agreeeeeee!

Comment

Flying by to drop this:

Nicely done ^^

Comment

Flying by to drop this:

Beautiful!!!! Love it, Nad!!
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment