Sanctuary Fanfic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    I had kind of considered that as flaming. If you are going to point out a flaw in the story or plot it should automatically come with a few pointers and a reason you dislike it.

I wish more people would follow that rule Ive had so many people say "I don't like it " and its just like "That's too bad because I wrote it and I like it."

I think another good 'rule' is to not to ask for the writer you review your story in a review. It's just tacky. I've seen it asked outright hinted and kind of nudged and altogether it's tasteless. I think the only classy way is "Oh I was writing something kind of like this! great job."

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, as I think a word or got scrambled in the bolded part, but as far as asking someone to review your work? In my own experience, which may or may not be pertinent to your rules, I've received a few treatises to review their work. Many times its been in PM form, after the reader has already submitted a proper review. That seems to be the most tactful way to get it done.

I myself have kept to PM or even straight up email (if I'm familiar enough with the author) and I've kept it to asking for a fellow writer to critique unposted work. Usually, once I get to the posting stage, I'm okay with it enough to not *need* reviews or critiques.

If that makes any sense whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, as I think a word or got scrambled in the bolded part...
      Something did get scrambled there. I am still getting the hang of this computer. Sometimes I put one thing and it types another thing altogether.

Rule of Etiquette Do Not ask for reviews of your own work in a review I have had complete strangers who I never spoken to at all leave a review on my story that was pretty much just "I wrote a story. Will you read it?"

I always respond to every signed review, good or bad. Always. I don't know if it is etiquette or my concept of socializing. If you write back a few times then of course go ahead and ask after something but just out of the blue we never spoke before but I want reviews and your name came up

It is tacky, I think. And more than a little bit desperate.

I understand the need for feedback as a writer. but I like to go to someone whom I know well.
      sigpic
      Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

Does that include me?
        On the edge of breaking down
        sigpic
        Banner made by me

Comment

Yes absolutely Koala. I bounce a lot of ideas off you because I know you wont sabotage my writing. Even when I drive you nuts with it you are still helpful. I think all in all we had a very natural evolution from passing acquaintances to close friends/siblings and you are the perfect IR for me. Dg makes for a good spotter.
          sigpic

Comment

Well it's better than what I can write to be honest.
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

No it isn't. I read your stuff and I loved it. I am never satisfied with my own writing. Maybe my brother was right
              sigpic

Comment

Who was right? Ben? He's a moron, don't believe anything he says. Besides I love your stories.
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

Been a LONG TIME since I wrote a fanfic for this show that tore my heart to tatters..... but here are two fanfics

DOWN THE ALLY is set right after NORMANDY: Helen/John/James

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8377115/1/Down-the-Alley

HOLIDAYS AND FAMILY is a short X-mas fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8803517/...ays-and-Family

Helen and John! lol!
                  sigpic

Comment

Would expect nothing less Ares although have to admit wasn't into the John/James shipping in Normanday
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by me

Comment

I was!! Hehehe!! The way CH and PW played it was subtle but noticeable and that is what I LOVED about it. It wasn;t in their words, it was in their eyes, in their body language....
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea I noticed, made me shiver .... ugh. Anyway I'm trying to write a Loki fic ..... Thanks to Avengers I don't have much Sanctuary muse x_x I'd have to watch it again, but I can't cus I don't have a way to.
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

I would not mind if John and James ran off into the sunset together and leave Helen to the tender care of one serbian sanguine vapuris

and of course I mean Ben. My stories are never what i want them to be. And I'm sure your Loki story will be wonderful once its done Koala. Cant wait to read it
                          sigpic

Comment

Technically you're already reading it cus I wouldn't be writing it if you weren't there to help me Lena
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                              Technically you're already reading it cus I wouldn't be writing it if you weren't there to help me Lena
                              Yeah but Koala you should know with how often I bash my head against the wall it will ALL be new to me by the time you post it. And anyway as you said countless times I know nothing about 'Thor'
                              On top of that I have my own stuff to write.
                              sigpic

Comment

I know you know a lot about Norse Mythology and you've seen the movie now so yes you do know .... Anyway! We're getting off topic
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X