No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know he went on a sabbatical this year? What happened???

And I totally adore this last picture of him in that red leather chair! I drew a picture of another vampire in such a chair this summer, and it's such a SQUEEEE to see NIKOLA in this armchair now!!!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

It's hard to maintain that kind of a performance schedule. The concert pianist I studied with takes at least two sabbaticals a year and usually does something fun - at the moment, he is on a cruise headed to New Zealand!!! Breaks are necessary when you are in such a demanding career.

*purrs and ruggles*
      Signature by Glitch33.
      sigpic
      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Oh, ok, so nothing out of ordinary! *phew*

Comment

Yea him and Kim both did together because of the stress of being owners of ECT and working in all the shows and with Sanctuary and stuff he just got a little too stressed, would explain the gray hairs he has .... Anyway they took a well needed sabbatical and handed ownership of ECT to Kevin ffor the time being

*purrs and ruggles Elor*
          On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Oh, so these are the grey hairs! I saw pictures of him with gery hairs above his ears (dunno how to put it better ) but I thought it was a part of the make up for the play...

Comment

Nah they're natural

sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

I meant this picture in particular:
                (I hope you can see it)
                Spoiler:

37 is VERY young for so much grey hair...

Comment

I'm only 20 and I have quite a few, not very many but I was born with them so *shrugs*

sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

Yeah I know it's a genetic thing, I'm just surprised at the pattern in JYo's case...

Comment

I have forgotten to comment on this post re: The Score:
                      Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                      YAY! Hope you enjoy it and tell us who haven't seen it what you think!
                      I am certainly eager to discuss the movie but I don't know whether ppl who saw it would be interested, or ppl who didn't see it wouldn't mind to be spoiled...
                      If you, Star, want to talk about it, we could take it to visitor messages or PMs

Comment

I thought the Score was amazing especially

Spoiler:
                        The nightmare scene

That scene was awesome

Spoiler:
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Back to Jon's busy schedule for a second:
                          I am curious how he's gonna handle Sanctuary's season 5 (knock on wood) if Nikola "will become a part of the team"... it sort of... translates into many eps with Tesla... not that I mind... but I'd hate to blame Sanctuary for JYo's burnout

The Score:
                          (major plot spoilers)
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree, there were many interesting and plain awesome scenes.
                          But you know what keeps bugging me after watching the movie? That JYo played a part of a guy who immediately assumed that his girlfriend will have an abortion Not that I am judgemental of such things or anything, but I was terribly disappointed to hear that from a character played by JYo... for naively romantic reasons, lol!

Comment

Yea .... All we can do is hope for the best I guess *shrugs*

The Score:
                            Spoiler:
                            Yea but he seems to play those kind of characters a lot, apart from Tesla, but he still got some yea?

I've only seen it twice though, The Score I mean, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't remember something *ducks*

Spoiler:
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                              The Score:
                              Spoiler:
                              Yea but he seems to play those kind of characters a lot, apart from Tesla, but he still got some yea?
                              The Score spoilers:
                              Spoiler:
                              What do you mean "those kind of characters"? I certainly agree if you mean scientists, genii, and random nerds But it's the first time I see any of his characters assume with such a certainty something like that. I don't know the male point of view, but I think it's a major turn off for girls...

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                                I meant this picture in particular:
                                (I hope you can see it)
                                Spoiler:
                                [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387591_10151044767190068_832175067_21934989_1309347735_n.jpg[/IMG ]

37 is VERY young for so much grey hair...
                                Well, my mum got grey hairs in her early 20's so it's not all that unusual for me to see lol
                                I quite like JY with grey hair, its like Jack O'Neill, his hair looked even more amazing when it went grey!

I have forgotten to comment on this post re: The Score:

I am certainly eager to discuss the movie but I don't know whether ppl who saw it would be interested, or ppl who didn't see it wouldn't mind to be spoiled...
                                If you, Star, want to talk about it, we could take it to visitor messages or PMs
                                Oh, I just wanted to know what you thought, I don't really want any spoilers til I see it! lol Was it good? Of course it was...this is J-Yo after all!

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                                Yea .... All we can do is hope for the best I guess *shrugs*

The Score:
                                Spoiler:

I've only seen it twice though, The Score I mean, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't remember something *ducks* [/SPOILERS]
                                I thought you'd seen the movie more than that for some reason! :/

The Score spoilers:
                                Spoiler:
                                What do you mean "those kind of characters"? I certainly agree if you mean scientists, genii, and random nerds But it's the first time I see any of his characters assume with such a certainty something like that. I don't know the male point of view, but I think it's a major turn off for girls...

Major turn off? (Bearing in mind I haven't seen the film) Is it? I know some people are STRONG against it, while some are completely OK with it, but I think (IMO) that it depends on the circumstances, sometimes it's the right thing to do... :/
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                                'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                                : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X