Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, so continuation:

We walked to Rockefeller and did the "Top of the Rock" tour thingy, and we went up to the top of the building (the elevator ride felt like flying in the Tardis ) and took pics of the view. It was SOOOOO gorgeous b/c all the lights were lit up b/c it was nighttime, and then I seriously felt like crying again because it was so beautiful and the only thing I could think of was how none of that would've been possible had it not been for him. All of those lights...it was ridiculous. And there were radio antennae on top of the building and I took pics of those and I was getting all emotional looking at them. (And then because we were on top of a building with a pretty view, my thoughts went ALL Teslen and yeah ...divert to other thread...).

And then after that we went to see the lobby of the Waldorf. Unfortunately, its current location is NOT the original one It used to be at 34th and 5th, but now it's at Park & 49th. It moved to that location in 1931 and I think that was around the time that Niko actually moved to the New Yorker, so yeah But despite that, it was still AMAZINGGGGGGGGG Seriously, that hotel is GORGEOUS. I have never seen anything like it; it's ridiculous how beautiful it is. And even though it's not the original building, they had this clock in one part of the lobby (which is really subdivided into like, 3-4 lobbies or something), which was specifically built for the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, which was lit by whom, I wonder? So that made me extremely happy. Not to mention I had all these images of Niko going to fancy dinner parties
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

awwwwhhh Mimzy that was great! I'm so jealous, I wish I'd visit Nikola's room/s one day
      one can hope...
      I can't wait to see the pics

Comment

Thanks for sharing the story, Mimzy!
        Sounds awesome
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
          awwwwhhh Mimzy that was great! I'm so jealous, I wish I'd visit Nikola's room/s one day
          one can hope...
          I can't wait to see the pics
          I'm jealous too ... but one day ... maybe ...
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

Mimzy, welcome back on board ( I mean here )
            I am so looking forward to pictures .. so .. donť let me wait too long.
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

The sad thing is, though, there really should be way more stuff around NYC dedicated to him. There's like, 2 statues at Niagara Falls but none in New York City...they seriously need at least one. I'm waiting for somebody to make an epic biopic about him and then there will be a gigantic movie poster in Times Square and all of a sudden everyone will be interested in him. It'll be like the new Titanic except better. (Someone please make this movie before J-Yo gets too old...)
              "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyKewl
                I so want to go to New York!
                We all want it so badly ...
                The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                  We all want it so badly ...
                  i can go anytime i waaant XD
                  sigpic
                  thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                    i can go anytime i waaant XD
                    you don't have to be that mean you know

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                      The sad thing is, though, there really should be way more stuff around NYC dedicated to him. There's like, 2 statues at Niagara Falls but none in New York City...they seriously need at least one. I'm waiting for somebody to make an epic biopic about him and then there will be a gigantic movie poster in Times Square and all of a sudden everyone will be interested in him. It'll be like the new Titanic except better. (Someone please make this movie before J-Yo gets too old...)
                      LOL .. your ideas are cool, Mimzy. Biopic ? Are you sure ? I think that it would be too small to be interesting to other people. I think that we will have to make a gigantic picture of him.
                      He would surely desrve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                        LOL .. your ideas are cool, Mimzy. Biopic ? Are you sure ? I think that it would be too small to be interesting to other people. I think that we will have to make a gigantic picture of him.
                        He would surely desrve it.
                        LMAO
                        I wonder what Jon would do if he'd see a gigantic picture of him in the middle of the Vancouver?
                        he'd probably try to hide or something

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                          LMAO
                          I wonder what Jon would do if he'd see a gigantic picture of him in the middle of the Vancouver?
                          he'd probably try to hide or something
                          Or he would be as arogant as his character Nikola Tesla and he would stare at this and tell himself :
                          "Hm, it is me. It is a pleasure to be there, to be hanged there, ubove all the people.I look just like a God."
                          I can see him now ..

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                            Or he would be as arogant as his character Nikola Tesla and he would stare at this and tell himself :
                            "Hm, it is me. It is a pleasure to be there, to be hanged there, ubove all the people.I look just like a God."
                            I can see him now ..
                            I think Jon is actually a very non-arrogant person he'd most probably blush or something like that

Comment

Mimzy,that was a great story and thanks for sharing..they need to have a Nikola Tesla museum in NYC..and the movie idea sounds great..if only they would make it...There is a need for more originality as far as movie screenplays go..all I see lately is a remake of another movie or sequels..and once in a while you get something worth watching LOL
                              sigpic
                              artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                              My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                              When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                              And I held your hand through all of these years
                              But you still have
                              All of me..." Evanes
                              cence
                              [/CENTER]

Comment

ok all this talk of Tesla Museum in NY is seriously pissing me off cuz WHY THE FRAK ISN'T WARDENCLYFFE A MUSEUM?!
                                sigpic
                                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Working...
                                X