No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon really does the whole "I walk into a room and everyone is frightened by my excellence" thing so well

btw, the "frightened by my excellence" thing is from Arthur
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      LOL

I love it, the way he posed for that pic just defies words. It's so simple and yet I can't describe it. He really had a commanding presence, that guy. I wonder what it would've been like to be in a room when he walked in. If it's anything like how JY portrays it onscreen, I'm surprised how anybody could've thought Edison was better. lol
      I agree with everything you said
      he does seem to have such a commanding attitude and when he walked in to a room people would have probably felt intimmidated by his presence (that including attitude, charming sexy look and not to metion the genius intelligence)

Comment

Alright Troopers. The video of the day will now be the video of the week, since I won't be able to do this every single day. I'll post a video on Mondays to make up for it being that day. And since that's the day everyone needs cheering up.
        "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

As far as Avatar for me, I have no intentions of seeing it. The overtones of the story are to political for my taste (Poli = Many, Tics = Blood sucking creatures). I've also heard that some of the effects were rip offs from the Myst Uru PC games series. So, yeah, not going to see it, EVER, even on DVD.

EDIT And I just brought a new book called Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith which basically takes the eastern Chakra (energy centers of the body) system and puts it in the fame work of western pyschological theory. Anyways I was reading the part about the rigid/achiever "character armor" and thought "hmmm.... I wonder whom this describes"

Wounded at the heart, by lack of approval, this type tends to focus their energy on achievement. They are highly functional, but often afraid of relationships, commitment, and feelings of intimacy.
          Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 06 March 2010, 06:39 AM.
          ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

that really sounds like Tesla!
            nice find kiva

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
              that really sounds like Tesla!
              nice find kiva
              thanks . And you know Tesla actually studied eastern philosophy later in his life and after reading that, I have to wonder that study was Tesla way of trying to deal with his various "issues" he had.
              ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

I agree with everything you said
                he does seem to have such a commanding attitude and when he walked in to a room people would have probably felt intimmidated by his presence (that including attitude, charming sexy look and not to metion the genius intelligence)
                I third what you say here to the nine millionth power

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post

EDIT And I just brought a new book called Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith which basically takes the eastern Chakra (energy centers of the body) system and puts it in the fame work of western pyschological theory. Anyways I was reading the part about the rigid/achiever "character armor" and thought "hmmm.... I wonder whom this describes"
                That does sound a ton like Nikola!
                sigpic
                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I was just watching someone's Let's Play video of Uru: Path of the Shell yes, it's a Myst game and there's these cloths with numbers all over them. Well, 1 says 3:66

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
                    thanks . And you know Tesla actually studied eastern philosophy later in his life and after reading that, I have to wonder that study was Tesla way of trying to deal with his various "issues" he had.
                    yes his study on the eastern philoshophy seems to me like a way to Tesla to expand his knowledge on the world and understand some aspects of his life and feelings.

Comment

yes his study on the eastern philoshophy seems to me like a way to Tesla to expand his knowledge on the world and understand some aspects of his life and feelings.
                      Totally agree with this! i think id love to go back and time and have a philosophical convo with the RL Tesla just because i bet he had some interesting takes on certain things!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello all! How is everybody today? Good I hope
                        sigpic
                        ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Words that are banned from the Sanctuary

1. Cabal Rump
                          2. Son of a Seroslug
                          3. Superabnormal Gas
                          4. Big Bertha's Butt
                          5. Bigfoot's Backside
                          6. Macri Flatulence
                          7. Nubbin Turds.

Please feel free to add to the list.
                          "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

we were talking a while ago about men with gray hair
                            and there was this idea of Jon with gray hair, well I was looking thourgh my pics and I found some where, because of the light or the effects used, he seems to have shades of gray in his hair Please tell me I'm not crazy

Comment

sg4ever i think it is just the lighting effects....id answer you more inteligently but those pictures are totally distracting!!! especially that second one ughh YUMM!!! i think you found the most ruffable pictures of him!!! *tiny squee* i gotta go ruffle my clone now!
                              sigpic

Comment

yes after I posted them I realized the pics are really ruffable
                                *ruffles clone*

that should be enough for now, I don't want to get in the gutter, I still have things to do you know

who am I trying to trick ? my clone just gave me this simle *sighs and yes, makes herself comfortable in the Lounge couch*

Comment

Working...
                                X