Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gauky_1976 View Post
    And seeing as the Tango is a dance of passion, maybe a kiss which may or may not lead to something much, much more

Comment

I'd almost rather try and get Jon to figure skate you know, he'd be awesome just flying though the air when doing the jumps and the footwork sequences
      ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
        I'd almost rather try and get Jon to figure skate you know, he'd be awesome just flying though the air when doing the jumps and the footwork sequences
        that is something I definetly would like to see

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
          that is something I definetly would like to see
          '

I mean not that he has to do quads or any really hard jumps (triple axels, etc.) I just want to see him skate
          ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

'

I mean not that he has to do quads or any really hard jumps (triple axels, etc.) I just want to see him skate
            he would be very gracious

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
              he would be very gracious
              The only issue I think, would be getting used to the different center of balance skaters have to deal as opposed to dancers.

Comment

The Tango!!

*thunk*
                AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH OMG!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEES UNCONTROLLABLY*
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

LOL, but I have mixed feelings about dancing period, because I know it was something sacred to many cultures that got turned into something solely for entertainment by the cultures the conquered them. So, yeah, kind of a mixed bag of feelings for me.

Comment

Well, I used to dance ballet (miss it terribly), so...

But I think now since it's been so long since that turnaround, there's a separation b/t sacred dances and recreational... I, for one, like the integration of different cultural elements into what have become some of today's standard dances. It's like watching a mural in motion. And, I also view it more of an art form than anything else...I know most people see dancing as something fun, which is fine, but I like to look at it as something sacred in and of itself and I just love seeing the passion that people put into it, no matter what the dance is. It's incredibly beautiful, looking at it that way.

And on the tango...I know apparently Argentine people like to joke around with tourists and randomly dance around with them--I've seen it on a couple of videos It's quite cute, that simple merging of cultures just through something like dance. Part of what makes it an art.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I suppose it's how one views it. I just feel for the cultures whose sacred traditions got trompled on and changed and are now just entertainment to many people.

On a side note, with respect to SGlover & I's previous discussion: Damn: someone needs to convince Jonathon he has the capacity to learn to skate!

Granted I don't see him being able to completely match Yagudin's performance, but still!

Comment

Figure skating is pretty difficult though...WAY difficult...like...really...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I suppose it's how one views it. I just feel for the cultures whose sacred traditions got trompled on and changed and are now just entertainment to many people.

On a side note, with respect to SGlover & I's previous discussion: Damn: someone needs to convince Jonathon he has the capacity to learn to skate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p444o_UEFHw

Granted I don't see him being able to completely match Yagudin's performance, but still!
                          hahaha thanks for the vid kiva gotta tell you though my fav skater is Evgheni Plushenko
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RupZUDcsRIk

Comment

Mimzy True, but it would just be a matter of adjusting to the different center of gravity. It's not like he couldn't do the moves if he weren't on skates. And he wouldn't have to do quad or triple jumops either.

SGLover

Spoiler:
                            Nah, Evgheni Plushenko is over rated. Take Turino 2006 for example. Now, I'm not saying he shouldn't have won, but he won by TOO BIG a margin. Lambiel's spins were WAY better than Plushenko's.

But, if there were ever a rivarly in Figure skating that matched Tesla/Edison it would the Yagudin/Plushenko rivarly
                            Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 13 February 2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Mimzy True, but it would just be a matter of adjusting to the different center of gravity. It's not like he couldn't do the moves if he weren't on skates. And he wouldn't have to do quad or triple jumops either.

SGLover

Spoiler:
                              Nah, Evgheni Plushenko is over rated. Take Turino 2006 for example. Now, I'm not saying he shouldn't have won, but he won by TOO BIG a margin. Lambiel's spins were WAY better than Plushenko's.

But, if there were ever a rivarly in Figure skating that matched Tesla/Edison it would the Yagudin/Plushenko rivarly
                              kiva
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm not saying Plushenko is the best. I'm just saying he's my fav and I'm quite subjective when I say this
                              but I like your idea of a rivarly between Yagudin and Plushenko. It would be an interesting thing to watch.

Comment

The Tango!!
                                Oh my...

...seriously, don't put ideas in my head! Tango is my favourite ballroom dance. Mmmmm...

Drifts off in a wee dream for a few minutes...

Anyway...I came in here for a reason, I'm sure of it...um...what was it...oh right!

Some guy in a Faraday suit getting attacked by a Tesla coil to the tune of the Imperial March from Star Wars. (Woah, that sentence has almost too much awesome in it. )

Comment

Working...
                                X