No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANDOM OT (not really, it has to do with the JY vid)

Does anyone know how to convert wmv, mpg, avi, etc files into a format that iMovie will accept?
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      RANDOM OT (not really, it has to do with the JY vid)

Does anyone know how to convert wmv, mpg, avi, etc files into a format that iMovie will accept?
      I have real player SP and it comes with a converter that changes files to ipod format, I don't know if that will work though...
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Okay...
        well, I'll try something out once I figure out what's wrong with my Rhapsody subscription :/

EDIT:

Made a new banner w/ the spoiler pic from "Sleepers"
        Spoiler:

Last edited by Mimzy; 03 December 2009, 08:26 PM.
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          Made a new banner w/ the spoiler pic from "Sleepers"
          http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Vampy250-1.jpg
          I love it!!! That is just so adorable!

Also, quick note from me: due to very minimal interest in my latest chapters, I intend to take a brief hiatus on my story for the next few weeks. After the Nikola episode on December 18th, I plan to resume posting. [The entire plan may be subject to change at any point.]

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai_Tesla View Post
            Also, quick note from me: due to very minimal interest in my latest chapters, I intend to take a brief hiatus on my story for the next few weeks. After the Nikola episode on December 18th, I plan to resume posting. [The entire plan may be subject to change at any point.]
            Aww.

Just remember that not everyone who reads reviews all the time.
            Personally, I always try to actually give feedback, so that you can tell I actually read it from the review; and if RL is being evil, I'm probably to tired to do that coherently.

Since I'm actually on earlier in the day I'm gonna go leave a review now.
            I also know that some people on fanfic are wary of WIPs because a lot of us have gotten really into a story and then had the author lose interest. That can be really disappointing, and some people just wait for things to finish before reading them.

Spacing your updates out a little more is probably a good idea, if you want more reviews. I know that personally if I come back to a story and find multiple new chapters, I'll only review the last one.

I hope you keep going with this story, we all need more Niko goodness, and you're really good at writing it.
            Spoiler:
            Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
              Aww.

Just remember that not everyone who reads reviews all the time.
              Personally, I always try to actually give feedback, so that you can tell I actually read it from the review; and if RL is being evil, I'm probably to tired to do that coherently.

Since I'm actually on earlier in the day I'm gonna go leave a review now.
              I also know that some people on fanfic are wary of WIPs because a lot of us have gotten really into a story and then had the author lose interest. That can be really disappointing, and some people just wait for things to finish before reading them.

Spacing your updates out a little more is probably a good idea, if you want more reviews. I know that personally if I come back to a story and find multiple new chapters, I'll only review the last one.

I hope you keep going with this story, we all need more Niko goodness, and you're really good at writing it.
              Thanks so much for that perspective! And I realize my last post made me sound like an angry review-monger, which is really not what I intended at all. It just seems that readership is tapering off lately and, since it seems like a busy time for many people, I thought I'd hold off for a few weeks until people have more time for an update. I realize reading my fic isn't exactly high on peoples' lists of priorities. I absolutely will finish the story, though, whether or not many are reading.

<3

Comment

Thanks so much for that perspective! And I realize my last post made me sound like an angry review-monger, which is really not what I intended at all. It just seems that readership is tapering off lately and, since it seems like a busy time for many people, I thought I'd hold off for a few weeks until people have more time for an update. I realize reading my fic isn't exactly high on peoples' lists of priorities. I absolutely will finish the story, though, whether or not many are reading.

<3
                OK, so this is getting really OT

I totally sympathize with the need for feedback! To me you came across as someone who really wasn't sure how their story was being received. I've only written a few things, and only one is up anywhere, but I know that when you don't here from other people it can be really discouraging. Its not like RL where you can get a feel for things from seeing another person's body language when they say hi to you or whatever.

I try to find a good balance between giving feedback and info in reviews and simply letting an author know I'm still following, but sometimes it can be difficult. I don't want to leave a review that just says 'cool!' or 'awesome', because it tells you nothing; but I want to review often enough let you know that I'm reading. Its hard to do both if I'm too braindead to write a coherent review.
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

First there was Team Edward, then there was Team Jacob, now there's:

Spoiler:
                  "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

<3
                    I'm sad to hear that but I understand your point of view.
                    Personnaly, reading fic' IS high on my list of priorities, 'cause it's like my little "dream moment" of the day, when I come home after work, it helps relax and not think about the events of the day...But it's cool that you're gonna finish it...otherwise I'll hunt you

Back on topic : I really miss Nikola...I'm looking forward to X-mas
                    sigpic

Comment

ahoy ! i am sorry i'm like, not here - but i've been really ill of late HOWEVER just wanted to drop you a note saying that Rome will be updated on its official site tonight.

HOWEVER little voyeurs, if you're are inclined to stalk the lj thread, you might just squee.

*much love from a very zombly and absent elly*

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Mimzy your new banner = squee

Nikki i lovedd your updates. however like you idk when i'll be able to update my story either

on another note, i was thinking maybe we should do something to count downt the days until the Tesla Eppie? make instead of "25 days of christmas" the "25 days of nikola" or something? haha idk just an idea
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                          on another note, i was thinking maybe we should do something to count downt the days until the Tesla Eppie? make instead of "25 days of christmas" the "25 days of nikola" or something? haha idk just an idea
                          If its actually airing on Christmas that would be neat.
                          But I heard something about a hiatus? I guess I should go check that out, see when its actually going to air.

EDIT: found this on one of the other threads, looks like its a little to late for those of us in the US to do a 25 day count down.

USA
                          ----
                          Next Tuesday 4-Dec-09
                          Penance 11-Dec-09
                          Haunted 8-Jan-10
                          Sleepers 18-Dec-09
                          Unnamed Finale 15-Jan-10

UK
                          --
                          Next Tuesday 7-Dec-09
                          Penance 14-Dec-09
                          Haunted 21-Dec-09

Canada
                          -------
                          Next Tuesday 4-Dec-09
                          Last edited by OboeTheres; 02 December 2009, 04:23 PM.
                          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

If its actually airing on Christmas that would be neat.
                            But I heard something about a hiatus? I guess I should go check that out, see when its actually going to air.

EDIT: found this on one of the other threads, looks like its a little to late for those of us in the US to do a 25 day count down.

USA
                            ----
                            Next Tuesday 4-Dec-09
                            Penance 11-Dec-09
                            Haunted 8-Jan-10
                            Sleepers 18-Dec-09
                            Unnamed Finale 15-Jan-10

UK
                            --
                            Next Tuesday 7-Dec-09
                            Penance 14-Dec-09
                            Haunted 21-Dec-09

Canada
                            -------
                            Next Tuesday 4-Dec-09
                            OMG HIS EPPIE IS SOO SOON !!XD AAAAHHHH!!!! thank you thank you thank you *huggs you* maybe we could still do a countdown anyways?? lol

but...wait. is Druitts epp oficially before or after our dear Nikola's??
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              OMG HIS EPPIE IS SOO SOON !!XD AAAAHHHH!!!! thank you thank you thank you *huggs you* maybe we could still do a countdown anyways?? lol

but...wait. is Druitts epp oficially before or after our dear Nikola's??
                              You're Welcome.
                              *hugs you back*

I have no idea which ep is coming first now! I guess that in the US its sleepers, but in the UK its haunted? I guess we'll find out by the time they air at least.
                              Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

You're Welcome.
                                *hugs you back*

I have no idea which ep is coming first now! I guess that in the US its sleepers, but in the UK its haunted? I guess we'll find out by the time they air at least.
                                arrgg. thats frustratingg. i kinda really want all the angsty druitt nonsense done with haha oh well im just happy that his episode airs soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X