No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days ...Totally not meant to happen but I never got the email that anyone had posted here, idk why. Anyway my twitter name is glitchie13 even though I want it to be glitch13 it won't let me change it.
    Spoiler:
    On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post

Is it possible to see the power station in Niagara falls? Is there still one that functions? (Oops, I have no idea )
      I don't know. I didn't see anything about the power station on the map or info we saw about it, so maybe it's not open to the tourists??

Originally posted by yorkiemischief View Post

We got international data plans for our iPhones so we used walking directions and Yelp a lot the first couple days, but really, the part of the city we were in was so well laid out that as long as you figure out where the lake is and memorize a dozen or so street names, it's hard to get disoriented. Plus it's Canada so the people were stereotypically friendly and happy to help us without making us feel like stupid Americans. We really only gave ourselves away with the uncontrollable giggling when they said "eh" and "aboat"

I invited my husband to go to Stockholm but he happily backed out the instant my best friend decided to go. My cousin and I thought about having the boys come this time too but it's not worth the whining. Part of the fun of the trip is the total no-sleep, manic fangirl high and without that it would just be a lot of "are we there yet?" and "what is this play about again?" LOL They would not tolerate hours of us trying to decide what to wear and curling our hair and whatnot. We'll just take lots of photos to share when we get home.
      That's funny. I don't think I ever heard anyone say "eh." Practically everyone was friendly though, even though my husband had to act like a dork in Subway and say "we're not from around here." Duh! The only reason I was able to talk my husband into coming with me is we also went to Niagara Falls. He's wanted to go there for years. Plus I paid for most of it.

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
      South Dakota is FLAT with NOTHING to look at. My cousin and I got excited when we saw a clump of trees or a windmill.

Still haven't finished Thor.

Agree. South Dakota and Nebraska are equally boring to drive across.
      I haven't watched Thor yet either.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Banner made by me

Comment

Oh no, I'm being tempted to create a Twitter account ;(

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          I don't know. I didn't see anything about the power station on the map or info we saw about it, so maybe it's not open to the tourists??
          Too bad, those things are often interesting to see, often more than waterfalls, imho. I mean, it is just an insane amount of falling water, and and the only thing it is doing is falling. Yes, it can be pretty, but I fail to see awesomeness It is the same with midnight sun and such. It is the sun, for crying out loud, we see it nearly every day, and then it is suddenly something to travel far away to see because the clock is saying it is midnight? O_o

I tried to google about the power station but I found little info. Strange, I thought there would be something about it in a place like Niagara falls.

Comment

I actually prefer Twitter over Facebook to be honest
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
              Oh no, I'm being tempted to create a Twitter account ;(

Too bad, those things are often interesting to see, often more than waterfalls, imho. I mean, it is just an insane amount of falling water, and and the only thing it is doing is falling. Yes, it can be pretty, but I fail to see awesomeness It is the same with midnight sun and such. It is the sun, for crying out loud, we see it nearly every day, and then it is suddenly something to travel far away to see because the clock is saying it is midnight? O_o

I tried to google about the power station but I found little info. Strange, I thought there would be something about it in a place like Niagara falls.
              So what's stopping you?

Not true. It was also spraying everyone who got close enough (which most people did of course! ) But I understand. I mean the Falls were fantastic, but it would have been nice to see Tesla's impact there too. There are 2 statues of him there though.
              sigpic

Comment

I've always wanted to go to Niagra Falls but don't have the money. That would be cool to see Tesla's impact there wouldn't it?

Spoiler:
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

FO: I couldn't find any information about touring Tesla's power station, but I did find some info you might be interested in:

http://www.teslasociety.com/exhibition.htm

apparently only one of the buildings still remains.
                  sigpic

Comment

Six, I spend so much time on computer I shouldn't find any new stuff to consume my time

Thanks for the link I don't know why I didn't google from that perspective... Tesla, Niagara Falls power plant, who could have guessed there was a connection

Comment

Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

Somewhat unrelated but I was in dire need of engineer jokes

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Please does anyone know a great Sanctuary role play site that I could join? Would love one that is really active please.

Comment

I just started one actually it's about The Five days in Oxford. We're currently accepting Original and Canon characters.

Click here for the url. We just finished it today and tomorrow I'll be advertising on other sites.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by me

Comment

has anyone claimed Helen yet? she's the only female i can think of from that time that shows up later seeing as the only other female isn't even around yet which would be Ashley.

Comment

Working...
                                X