Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    May I ask something?
    Why does their new show, ATWH, run only for one week? Isn't it too much preparation and rehearsals for such a short run? Or is it normal in Vancouver, not enough people interested in theater or something like that?
    How do they fund their plays then? I remember hearing/reading somewhere that their turnover is like CAD 1 Mio per year? Where does the money come from? Tickets don't bring much in, apparently Are there on public funding?
    Sorry that was more than one question
    They obviously have a quite a lot of supporters and partners who support their works by funding and donation. I don't have a clue about how to run a theatre business but I think the more awards/prizes you won the more funding and subsidy you can get, from government at least. And I think they do not live on ticket sales from public performances alone. A rough calculation of the total income for the week-long running of ATWH brought only CAD31,500. I doubt if it is enough to cover the venue booking fee alone.

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
    That wasn't exactly a new show, the next show is called Intimate Apparel and it runs from Feb. 9 to March 10
    Is it true? I couldn't find anything on their website. Do you have any details on the show? Perhaps I better get my leave application and air-ticket ready.
    sigpic
    Sign by me

Comment

You can find info on my fan site Jonathon Young Fan site

On the edge of breaking down
      sigpic
      Banner made by me

Comment

*purrs and ruggles back*
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
          The next show is called Intimate Apparel and it runs from Feb. 9 to March 10
          For those who are interested:

Intimate Apparel, 9 Feb to 10 Mar 2012, Vancouver

Stockholm, 11 May to 3 Jun 2012, Toronto
          Last edited by Dinoman; 17 January 2012, 06:22 PM.
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*

sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

*ruggles and purrs*

sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

*purrs and ruggles back* I'm bummed, I don't get to have my dressage lesson tomorrow because the horse I ride hurt her leg and needs a few days off.
                  Signature by Glitch33.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awe *purrs and gives extra ruggles*

sigpic
                    Banner made by me

Comment

Yeah. At least she should be better next week, and definitely before the big clinic next month... *purrs and ruggles back*
                      Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic

Comment

*ruggles and purrs*

sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                          I don't know why he always casted as a geek on TV shows (except those 5-minute appearances in "Da Vinci's Inquest" or "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants"). If you were able to cast him in any shows, what character would you put him in?

And thank you, NumberSix!
                          I don't either, since I think he'd be capable of a wide range of characters. Maybe the casting people tend to look at an actor's past work and just envision him in the same type of role for their own project? I don't know which character specifically I'd put him in, but I'd love to see him in anything that's very different from what I've already seen him in.
                          And you're welcome.

es!:Why does their new show, ATWH, run only for one week? Isn't it too much preparation and rehearsals for such a short run? Or is it normal in Vancouver, not enough people interested in theater or something like that?
                          No idea. Maybe since this was the first time they've done something like this, where the audience sits among the performers, they wanted to see how it went before committing to a longer run? *shrug*
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Well he seems to do a lot of work in Canada obviously but I wouldn't mind seeing him in something like Law and Order SVU or CSI: Las Vegas just to see how well he'd actually play a criminal type

sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*

Signature by Glitch33.
                              sigpic

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*

sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X