• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No but he was getting there, he got close *ruggles and purrs*

On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Besides he was not 'feeding' on him, just a desperate mean to save Helen and self-defense.
      sigpic
      Sign by me

Comment

Spoiler:

*purrs and ruggles* Yeah.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
          Ah, but if it's an avatar of Adam, does that really constitute breaking his vow? After all, he wasn't really human.

*purrs and ruggles back*

would adam have only become human if he fed on a certain amount of memories/?
          Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
          - Doctor Who (series 7)
          - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
          - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
          - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
          - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I think he would, he got stronger the more he remembered

*ruggles and purrs*
            On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

I've just had the most awesome dream in two parts! It was A Bear Named Winnie with a twist Apparently it was directed by Kim because the visuals were very avantgarde and co-written by JYo because the story got multiple layers all of a sudden And altho it ended in the same way like the original movie, it was so much more fun and excitement.
              Yay for dreams in color!
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                I've just had the most awesome dream in two parts! It was A Bear Named Winnie with a twist Apparently it was directed by Kim because the visuals were very avantgarde and co-written by JYo because the story got multiple layers all of a sudden And altho it ended in the same way like the original movie, it was so much more fun and excitement.
                Yay for dreams in color!
                COOL!!
                were you part of the cast or watching the play?
                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

watching a play from outside thru a window
                  *feels like a stalker*

Comment

How can you still remember your dream when you wake up? What's usually left for me is just a blur outline of the content and nearly nothing when I finished brushing my teeth.

I remember seeing JY in a dream once but that's all, all the vivid details were lost!
                    sigpic
                    Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                      How can you still remember your dream when you wake up? What's usually left for me is just a blur outline of the content and nearly nothing when I finished brushing my teeth.

I remember seeing JY in a dream once but that's all, all the vivid details were lost!
                      Spoiler:
                      They say that people remember their dreams only when they sleep badly. You don't remember anything at all if you slept well. That would explain why I basically remember something almost every night. Waking up every 2 or 3 hours because of an annoying kid has its perks
                      This is how I remember the dream was a two-parter. I moved to sleep in my kid's bedroom after teh first part and I was really pissed that my sweet dream was so rudely interrupted, and I was excited in the morning about the second part
                      And you have to tell somebody about your dream as soon as possible after waking up or it is gone. I know it too well so I even jump out of my bed middle of the night to write down some of the most, er, vivid dreams because I don't want to forget about them in the morning

Comment

Considering the fact that I've no one to tell about my dream except myself, I think I should keep a pen and a notepad ready by my bedside in case of having any JY dream again!

I just finished watching TBNW. Thanks to all you advices I have my tissues and Nikola's pics ready and they just came in handy, although it is not as sad as I expected. It is a wonderful movie, highly recommended to audiences of all ages.
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

Spoilers for the plot of A Bear Named Winnie:

Spoiler:
                          I just couldn't belive Macray did that! I mean, it was totally in character but I think I had my dream exactly because I had problems dealing with his heroic and suicidal move. My dream was about the movie but it focused on JYo's character, and he shot himself in the end

Comment

It's my bedtime now. See if I can meet JY in my dream tonight after watching the movie (I do hope so).
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

Sweet JYo dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post

Spoiler:

Usually people remember their dream only when they are at least partially awake at the some point... That is the perk of waking up multiple times in a night!

But to remember dreams, one doesn't necessarily have an alarm clock ringing at the middle of the night, even when some people do just that when they want to remember their dreams There are some tricks that help, including keeping a diary on what the dream is written. I have never done that (unless there is some really good stuff I want to be able to use in detail weeks later) because I find it not that important if the dreams I had are lost after some days. Most things I do awake are lost too, and I don't think it is healthy to try to remember dreams way better than life actually lived.

For me, it has been more important to verbalize the dream in my head as soon as possible, with as much detail as possible, like I was planning a written scene. Then, even if/when the dream tries to drift out of reach, the memory if the verbalized scene helps me to grasp it again.

But really, nothing has worked as well as sleeping badly. Usually I remember my dreams in much detail after occasions I drink/eat something that has caffeine and/or alcohol in it. This kind of dreams are usually very frustrating and tiring... Last time I had one of these dreams I was trapped in a room with two different teams whose participants were trying to count their finger and toes but always ended on some stupid number and started again so many times it felt like it took hours. "1, 2, 3, ..., 21. No, that can't be right, I have to start again. 1, 2, 3, ..., 27., No, again..."

Another "favorite" of mine was a dream in which I tried to form life insurances to dinosaurs (a stagosaur, a tyrannosaur and three velocirapors) using Excel that at one point turned 3 dimensional and every number in every cell turned to white mist. After I woke up and was startled by an earthworm, I decided once again to reduce my caffeine intake.

Then there was the time I was doing school work (practicing lab work) and the result I had made no sense: molecular mass of a polymer was less than 0 g/mol. I couldn't find the mistake (which was how I used the program) and so I did what every student in her right mind does (not!). I got drunk. Then, when I tried to sleep, the room was spinning unusually much, I felt nauseous and every time I fell asleep I dreamt of determining that molecular mass, and every time it was less than 0. Then I woke up, still nauseous, sweating but feeling cold and thirsty, and the room was still spinning. But at least I was relieved that it was all only a dream! Until a couple of seconds later I realized it was the RL too, and then I went back to dreaming of the same thing.

Oops, a side track Anyway, it isn't a strategy I'd recommend for remembering the dreams

Instead I'd recommend falling asleep when trying to get the control of the dream. When I was a child I had some control over my dream, which I later lost. I believe it was because of the amount of REM sleep diminishes and patterns of REM sleep chance, but I still try to regain that control. In the process I found out that when I try to chance the images conjured up before I am actually asleep, I'll often remember some of the dreams I have that night. The biggest problem is that I tend to get exited about the images, and then I wake up for good and the images are gone. But it is really difficult to be not amused when a soul reaper in a pink tutu appears from nowhere

Haha, me and my OT I guess the point is that if you want to remember your dreams there are some tricks people use for it. Some take more work and time than others but remembering dreams can be both fun and useful

Comment

Working...
                                X