Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
    Ditto!!

I always kinda liked Will, but when you compare him to the Five, he is just underwhelming.

I think it has something to do w/ the century and a half of history that the Five have, as well as the Awesome awesome actors
    Hehe, yes, that might just be a good reason to start with
    Backstory! Backstory!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yes, we do get above ourselves Watch out for that
    Ah, but I am not an artist. I'm a splash and dasher!

Oh I don't think Will will ever be awesome like the other, just that I felt in ep 1 he was more of a character than he was before, if that makes any sense

*huggles Henry to bits*
    Drat, I think we're on the same page. We need more conflicting opinions or we will never be able to get into a Will-centered The Five fight.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Hehe, yes, that might just be a good reason to start with
      Backstory! Backstory!

Ah, but I am not an artist. I'm a splash and dasher!
      Yeah, that's how we all started, but before long you'll be up in the lofty heights of 'Artist', and nought but the poshest fonts will do for you

Drat, I think we're on the same page. We need more conflicting opinions or we will never be able to get into a Will-centered The Five fight.
      I blame Martin, be makes them all awesome

Comment

Xenotron isn't standard on my pc, but I've nabbed it from dafont.com

Comment

omg i've SEEN that bear story - now i totally have to watch it again!!!!

and - not a huge update today - ladies and gentlemen - but if anyone wants to know what nikola/helen karaoke looks like to achieve your squee quota send me a PM

Spoiler:

Helen frowned, following Nikola's lead through the catacombs. It wasn't beyond reason that he'd acquaint himself with them while in Rome. Hadn't she herself done the same thing with the closed off undergrounds during World War II?

"Should you vanish again for a century," Helen warned in a very serious tone, "it will only be because I'm testing what precisely will succeed in killing you." That's her way of saying, 'you'd better not!'

After the tease she’d just given him? For once he wasn’t in a hurry to retreat into the shadows.

“Wouldn’t want to be your enemy...” he observed, as they neared the end of the catacombs.

Whoever had been playing with the lights in his lab hadn’t managed to find them – with any luck they were lost, huddled like frightened rats in a corner somewhere.

“It would be a shame to depart Rome without your purpose for coming here,” he said, pausing to sniff out the way ahead. Her bookstore was not far from where these tunnels emerged.

It was by far his favourite escape route – coming up under the great Pantheon. From there it was a leisurely stroll through the cafe courtyard to Hamish’s alleyway.

There was a set of heavy doors a dozen metres in front of them with three other passage ways meeting at their foot. He listened to the other tunnels carefully for any hint of life.

Helen simply gave him a stare, one of complete agreement. "I don't intend to leave without my book." The question is how angry will Nikola be when he realizes said book is a rare first publication of short stories by Ray Bradbury?

Must be some book, he mused. His heart was still beating irregularly. He had not forgotten those moments in his lab. They were surreal – utterly so. The only evidence that they had transpired was Helen’s hand in his and the slightest stain of red lipstick on his mouth.

They crossed the last tunnel together. Nikola pushed the door open and the ruckus of the Pantheon could be heard as a distant haze of noise. The late afternoon was peak tourist time in Rome – those few hours before sunset when the soft yellow light caressed the streets and the café’s became bars with their iron chairs and tables littered over the giant courtyards.

Helen and Nikola ascended the stone steps – the background noise rising as they came to a second door. This one was brand new and, as he opened it, a blur of people came into view along with the lofty dome of the beautiful ancient building.

They found themselves inside the Pantheon, emerging from a door labelled, ‘Fire Exit Only’.

Helen's grip on Nikola's hand never wavered as he manoeuvred the tunnels. Her eyes narrowed, adjusting to the brighter light as they depart the underground catacombs. Her free hand lifted to shield her eyes from the glare of afternoon. Blinking while her sight adjusts, Helen paused to peer at her surroundings.

Impressive, Helen thought. Nikola's knowledge of the catacombs must've come from years of exploration. That photographic memory of his can't have hurt the process. Nikola may have taken note of the slight in-take of breath at the sight before her while they moved away from the Pantheon.

"Hamish's shop isn't far," Helen finally murmured at length. "I'll check your bandages there."

“Ah yes, the great and alluring Hamish,” he teased, wading through the sea of tourists.

Out in the safety of the streets they almost forgot the chaos of before. To any casual observer they were simply two travellers, hand in hand, wandering through the twilight of Rome.

And then there it was – the time-ravished shop front of the bookstore, huddled away in the gap between two buildings.

Nikola brought them to a natural stop and then turned to her with an amused smile. Without a word, he set his briefcase down and then reached forward, brushing a smudge of dirt from her cheek.

“First impressions are key,” said Nikola, before retrieving his case.

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

you guys have seen this - right?

Spoiler:

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
              you guys have seen this - right?

Spoiler:
              OMG
              SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where is that from???
              Spoiler:
              Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

right here: http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/TheSh.../Season2/2.php

Comment

Oohhhh
                  sigpic

Comment

did everyone pass out from FLAIL or something??????????????????

Comment

-sniffs- I'm sure I would have passed out, but I'm the only Sanctuary fan in the house, so I am relegated to Hulu and thus have not seen the episode yet. -sniffs again-

(And I'll post some pics from the books I have as soon as I can liberate the scanner. )

Write - it's good for the mind. Do you want to go crazy?

Comment

I'm pretty sure I passed out a few times... especially when Tesla made the comment about
                        Spoiler:
                        tiny tim being his assistent...
                        and "I'm not british that tally ho crap doesn't work on me" LOL

But my favorite
                        Spoiler:
                        "I'll need wine, the good stuff, nothing cheap"

Actually I'm pretty sure almost every scene Niko was in I just stared at him. I hope they show a lot more of him.
                        sigpic

Comment

*helen and nikola continue their preening - also, nearly finished the nubbin fic - should be up shortly !*

Spoiler:

Helen smirked, tipping her head slightly away from the coolness of his fingertips. They felt so cold against her skin after their flight through the ancient tunnels.

"Whatever impression Hamish has of me was made long ago," informed she. However, she did run her fingers through her tussled hair to shake free some of the dirt and dust. Then, she reached forward, her thumb gliding lightly over his lower lip to wipe away the tell-tale smear of lipstick lingering there.

He held her gaze through the small gesture, smiling against her finger as it lingered a fraction longer than was necessary.

“Clearly not the impression you’re after,” he joked.

Eventually his eyes drifted to the shopfront.

“We should probably...”

Helen simply gave him a smirk, turning her attention toward the shop. "I have a reputation to maintain, at the very least."

Nikola kept his thoughts in check as he strode over to the doors and peaked through the dark windows. Ordinary one tried to make a shop look open and inviting but Hamish wasn’t like that – he preferred his clients brazen and curious.

“He’s open all right,” Nikola turned the large door knob and pulled the rickety thing toward him. An old bell tingled as he did so, strung from a nail on the back side of the door. “I’d say, ‘ladies first’ but you’d only scorn me.”

Instead, he ventured into the poorly lit shop, tilting his head up to the surprisingly tall tiers of bookshelves. They looked like throwbacks to ancient Rome with netting wired over them in case of earthquakes or passing thieves and dust, god the dust...

Just to keep Nikola's suspicions up, as they she walked through the door she pulled a key that looked easily as old as they were from her pocket. "It doesn't matter if the shop is open for business. Hamish's doors are always open to me, Nikola." Yes, now she's just being cruel.

The way that Tesla winced as the dust danced in the last beams of afternoon sun making their way into the shop brought a small, nostalgic grin to Helen's face. One had to wonder how the man managed to survive with his aversions and predilections before the modern era he did so much to usher in.

At the tinkling of the bell, the heavy footsteps of Hamish sounded from behind distant shelves. Helen put on a bright smile as he emerged from a cloud of dust. A quick embrace and a kiss to the cheeks served as greeting. "I'm here for my book," she crooned as if there could possibly be some other reason she'd come to see this man.

Nikola knew that she was playing him but could do nothing but mind his manners and keep a safe distance as Hamish embraced Helen in welcome. The old man was very Italian, and went in for a second peck. Nikola’s eyes rolled at the exchange and he made no effort to acknowledge his presence.

He was infinitely more curious about Helen’s key. It is not common practice to bring keys to bookstores, especially decorative ones like hers that bared all the trappings of age – a dull sheen, hairline scratches and that distinctive layer of silver sulphide.

Comment

Thoughts, Plots and Misuse of a Taperecorder chapter 4 - The Dangers of Live Feeds

(delivered as promised) and now i'm going to stop spamming you guys lol!

Comment

Hey, I'm a Nikola Tesla fan! A new one at that! For a few months...actually. Anyway, new to this thread!

Spoiler:
                              Tesla had some nice scenes in this last sanctuary episode! He seems more interesting in this season. I hope we see more of him!

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
                                Hey, I'm a Nikola Tesla fan! A new one at that! For a few months...actually. Anyway, new to this thread!

Spoiler:
                                Tesla had some nice scenes in this last sanctuary episode! He seems more interesting in this season. I hope we see more of him!
                                Welcome to the thread SciFiGeek17! Please tell me there's a shorter nick name we can use!
                                I hope you really like it here, and decide to stick around!

Yeah, Tesla just keeps getting better. Maybe you already know, but ep 11 is supposed to be centered on him!

Also, I have pics from EoN pt2!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X