Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    for those that haven't got in, part one comes in at about 350 megs

so when you do get in you may need to make sure that the time you choose is a time that you can let the download start and finish.

I have a guy that i work with who is going to try and download it for me
    What version is that? A 'standard' rip of a 44min tv show encoded with dvix is 350mb. An 'HD' rip tends to be about double that at 700mb encoded in dvix.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      What version is that? A 'standard' rip of a 44min tv show encoded with dvix is 350mb. An 'HD' rip tends to be about double that at 700mb encoded in dvix.
      Yeah but wouldn't you have to take into account that it's a 17min video and not a 44min video?? I mean that's nearly 1/3 the time. Longer video would mean bigger file size, no?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Slice of SciFi have a review up for Webisode 1

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/05/...le-sam-review/

Excerpt :

"Written by: Samuel K. Sloan (Farpoint Media Executive News Director)

As a member of the press I was treated to an early screening while on vacation of Webisode I of “Sanctuary,” the much anticipated online series from Damian Kindler, N. John Smith and Martin Wood.

If I may drop the professional facade for a moment and get giddy like a true genre fan, let me say this, Frackin’ Awesome!"
        Thanks for link!

Gotta love it when the press is impressed enough to use fan vernacular!

Also liked this excerpt:

Based on this first webisode of the online series I have to predict a major hit for its creators and a long life should be in store for “Sanctuary.” If it doesn’t happen that way, then the world has truly gone mad.
        The world unfortunately has gone mad.

However, that should in no way should alter the imminent success predicted for Sanctuary. hehe.
        Last edited by tagger; 15 May 2007, 09:04 PM. Reason: speling :)
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          Yeah but wouldn't you have to take into account that it's a 17min video and not a 44min video?? I mean that's nearly 1/3 the time. Longer video would mean bigger file size, no?
          doh. work had killed my brain dead You're completely right. I was even thinking to myself "surely that can't be a high def format' :|.

Comment

Ok, so I finally got to watch it - pretty bloody good Only downfall is it's far too short! Episodic content I can deal with, but if it becomes a case of infrequent or lengthy delays between the episodes (ala Half Life 2: Episode 2) then it'll probably attract a bit of criticism.

I did like the fact that there seemed to be alot of minor characters getting a good screentime. It helps to make the universe more alive. The CG (while not really anything major actiony yet) wasn't too bad, which is good sign after the dodgy CG in the 5min preview. However nothing really happened! I understand there needs to be setup, but maybe it would have been an idea to release the first 4 webisodes in a shorter time span to draw people in, then go to their normal release schedule.

Comment

So how much did the webisodes cost in other countries?

In Australia - Webisode 1 is $3.39 and the SD bundle is $12.99

Someone said the US price was $1.99? Which is about AUD $2.39 and I'm wondering at the difference.

Can we get a worldwide comparison please?
              -

Comment

Currency converter website www.xe.com should be able to help.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Currency converter website www.xe.com should be able to help.
                  Actually I was asking what the price was in other countries. Converting isn't a problem.
                  -

Comment

Ah. I do apologise.

As I said in a previous post, I'm in no hurry to DL the first webisode, so I'm waiting till the dust settles.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

mine was the HD package. so 350 megs for 17 minutes.

the prices i saw was 1.99 for each, or the bundle of 6.99 for all 4
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Format? QuickTime? Windows Media? What?
                        sigpic

Comment

i saw quick time, real player and shockwave icons i believe.

I have a friend downloading it for me so i told him to go for quicktime since that's the least dead end format and i'm pretty sure i can get it viewable on my tv (yes, i'm old fashioned, i actually prefer to watch tv ON tv and not on my puter)
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you. All I need to do now is actually put some money in my PayPal account.

BTW - If anyone's bought a Sanctuary hoodie, I'd be grateful for a picture so I know what they look like before making my mind up.
                            Last edited by BruTak; 16 May 2007, 05:27 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              the prices i saw was 1.99 for each, or the bundle of 6.99 for all 4
                              Thanks Sky. So anyone from Canada, UK or Europe got the cost for their country?

SD.......single..bundle
                              Aus....- $3.39...$12.99
                              US.....- $1.99...$ 6.99
                              UK.....-
                              Can....-
                              Europe -
                              -

Comment

At current exchange rates, $1.99 USD = £1.00385 GBP. $6.99 USD = £3.52605 GBP.

And the $30 USD for the hoodie = £15.1375 GBP.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X