Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Maybe DK could have mini-commentaries on the webisodes - going deeper for those who are interested?...
    Oh I could definitely go for commentaries. We must introduce Damian to the concept of podcasting as well Actually I'd be interested in any of the production people doing some podcasting.
    -

Comment

I watched web 6 on Monday night and thought it was great...not the best but great none the less!!
      Spoiler:
      Actually, I cracked up when I saw Paul McGillion...what a riot!!
      I loved those scenes but...what's the deal with Aurthur and Morgan Le Fay in both SG and Sanctuary??...it does give one the sense of deja vu! I could never get into the whole knights of the round table stuff and hope this doesn't become a drawn out story arc in Sanctuary!...not that it could draw out for too long seeings how we only have 2 more webisodes left. Here's hoping that we won't have to wait too long for some new webisodes!! And so that was my rant for the week...sorry!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying Sanctuary and can't wait to get my t shirt...and who ever posted the link to the pics from Comic con by amandaraesmith...thank you!! They were the best pictures I've seen thus far!! I loved them...had me laughing and cracking up...Amanda is just amazing...yay...thank you!!!!
      Night all!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Research:

I think we underestimate the amount of research that goes on. I have an interest in Victorian hair and fashion. Now, not only is the architechture and the rest perfect for the area in the victorian scenes, but in terms of fashion, Helen's dresses are so accurate they could be lifted from textbooks. You can even tell what season they are from, not just what year. Their attention to detail is fantastic.

Honestly, I agree with someone else's analysis here. They over research and things don't make it into the show. My Mum already declared that there was "too much detail" in the last webisode and that "it dragged too much". For us it doesn't because we like the detail, but for the average viewer of this genre... they prefer the action bits.

I think that an awful lot of research goes into the show and that only little bits get shown on screen, like the attention to the dresses and architecture. And of course, the attention to the history of Montague John Druitt, how he went mad and drowned etc. The drowning reflects the character's love of Twelfth Night, of course.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

my point about every week is...once they really get going, they may want to consider every week.

your average tv show is a 7 day shoting schedule for a 45 minute show. now, this one will have a HUGE GCI delay, so i know that effects stuff...however, if one week's shooting = 3 week's episodes, they could easily keep ahead (CGI issues aside, no idea how long that takes)

Don't get me wrong, i loved it and i need to watch it again.
          Spoiler:

i did roll my eyes at the merlin stuff...just because i'm so scarred from sg1's handling of the plot - but i enjoyed the rest.

I do think, however, that they should consider the ever decreasing attention span of your average adult...cbs has admitted that their 4 month hiatus likely hurt the heck out of jerico, and i would say that the same goes for any show...or product.

what's one of the biggest crits of the fandemonium books??? thier unreliable publishing schedule. same iwth the stargate comics and action figures.

peopel get bored adn they move on.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            What's one of the biggest crits of the Fandemonium books??? Their unreliable publishing schedule. Same with the Stargate comics and action figures.

People get bored and they move on.
            Do not get me started about Avatar Press...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

my point about every week is...once they really get going, they may want to consider every week.

your average tv show is a 7 day shoting schedule for a 45 minute show. now, this one will have a HUGE GCI delay, so i know that effects stuff...however, if one week's shooting = 3 week's episodes, they could easily keep ahead (CGI issues aside, no idea how long that takes)
              My guess would be that by the time they release the next (?) hours, the technical glitches we were plagued with in the first round will have been solved so they wouldn't need extra time between episodes. I would prefer a once per week schedule too. I know they wanted time for us to be able to discuss etc--but we hop on the boards pretty quickly.
              It would be nice if they could do one 4 wep episode to keep us hanging on even if we then had to wait a month for the weekly releases to start up.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                My guess would be that by the time they release the next (?) hours, the technical glitches we were plagued with in the first round will have been solved so they wouldn't need extra time between episodes. I would prefer a once per week schedule too. I know they wanted time for us to be able to discuss etc--but we hop on the boards pretty quickly.
                It would be nice if they could do one 4 wep episode to keep us hanging on even if we then had to wait a month for the weekly releases to start up.

I would LOVE every week, too.

If they plan on shooting 10 more hours when SGA finishes, that would be 40 weeks of webisodes!! WOOHOO!!!!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Originally posted by tagger View Post
                  I would LOVE every week, too.

If they plan on shooting 10 more hours when SGA finishes, that would be 40 weeks of webisodes!! WOOHOO!!!!

I agree weekly would be great! As jckfan said most of us are here pretty fast after seeing the Wep to discuss it

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    I'm thoroughly enjoying Sanctuary and can't wait to get my t shirt...and who ever posted the link to the pics from Comic con by amandaraesmith...thank you!! They were the best pictures I've seen thus far!! I loved them...had me laughing and cracking up...Amanda is just amazing...yay...thank you!!!!
                    Night all!!
                    That would be me that posted those and me that took the pictures. Oh noes! My secret is out. Now everyone knows my real name.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed them I managed to catch some great facial expressions in the panel. ViKitty and I are thinking about making an LJ mood theme with our pictures.

Comment

if they can get 40 weps in the can....how about one wep a week for 4 weeks, then take a week off, then have another four. stagger it out so that - almost - you can have new weps 40 of the 52 weeks, with a break inbetween each wep and a little time off for the holidays

I'm wiling to bet however, that shooting isnt' the whole issue, the cgi is a large part of it. and i have no idea how involved their cgi is and how much of a delay taht there is

now, to the wep - yeah i'm sure y'all have discussed it, but i'm too lazy to search back over amonth's worth of posts

in wep 5 and ashley's issue

Spoiler:
                      i'm still trying to figure out the mother/daughter relationship. we've seen that ashley is very independent. and while helen is maternal, she's also not as maternal as i'd expect. by that i mean...she's not as clingy as some parents. now maybe she's arranging some backup for ashley when she goes off on her little 'prove myself' mission and that just hasnt' happened yet.

It's just a very dynamic but also very different parental relationship that they have.

sigpic

Comment

in wep 5 and ashley's issue

Spoiler:
                        i'm still trying to figure out the mother/daughter relationship. we've seen that ashley is very independent. and while helen is maternal, she's also not as maternal as i'd expect. by that i mean...she's not as clingy as some parents. now maybe she's arranging some backup for ashley when she goes off on her little 'prove myself' mission and that just hasnt' happened yet.

It's just a very dynamic but also very different parental relationship that they have.
                        I like that idea. I think it's clear that Helen cares a lot, but maybe having been so strong willed herself, she understands Ashley's need to get out there and take action. I'm still waiting & hoping for a real heart to heart talk between those two.

Comment

if they can get 40 weps in the can....how about one wep a week for 4 weeks, then take a week off, then have another four. stagger it out so that - almost - you can have new weps 40 of the 52 weeks, with a break inbetween each wep and a little time off for the holidays

I'm wiling to bet however, that shooting isnt' the whole issue, the cgi is a large part of it. and i have no idea how involved their cgi is and how much of a delay taht there is
                          If memory serves me, I believe that the CG for one wep can take up to 3-4 weeks (I was tired at comic con, so I could be remembering the numbers wrong, but I know it was in the 'weeks' range) . I know that the guys were working 24-7 in the end just to get this last wep out on time. I order to keep up with a weekly release, they would have to have several weps 'in the can' before they even begin airing them again, which will make people angry because of an even bigger delay after the 8th wep.

Comment

good point

maybe something to work for and think of is all.

teh download market is a viable one. But i think show makers also have to acknowledge that the human being attention span grows shorter and shorter every year

we literally have hundreds of channels and thousands of inputs begging for out attention. adn it's easy to forget that something is even out there when it 'goes away' for any length of time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              If memory serves me, I believe that the CG for one wep can take up to 3-4 weeks (I was tired at comic con, so I could be remembering the numbers wrong, but I know it was in the 'weeks' range) . I know that the guys were working 24-7 in the end just to get this last wep out on time. I order to keep up with a weekly release, they would have to have several weps 'in the can' before they even begin airing them again, which will make people angry because of an even bigger delay after the 8th wep.
                              Actually once they start establishing the Sanctuary world in CGI, that processing time should come down a little as they can reuse the established rooms for the Sanctuary itself etc. That was one of the benefits they mentioned about the gaming approach to developing worlds if I recall correctly.

Also I expect that as they continue developing that they will come up with ways to streamline the processes and make them more time efficient. Of course with advances in computer technology rolling in every 6 months or so I expect things to advance technically with processing power too.

I'm curious as to what they are going to do to keep people's interest during the wait for new webisodes. If they're smart they'll keep updating those of us already dedicated fans and maybe drop off an extra or two at Sanctuaryfans but I'm thinking that releasing the complete pilot on DVD with extras on it like The Making of Sanctuary and commentaries by the cast and crew in the month preceding the release of new webisodes would be a great way to generate new interest.
                              -

Comment

Yeah, they've gotta troll some fresh meat behind the boat for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X