Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    Have to say that I admire them all for fighting for so long for things, even more so now after the weekend..

Also Tom McBeath's incredibly intelligent and informative view on how tough things are for those actors and artists who choose to remain based in Vancouver and the sheer lack of any decent work and/or opportunities for work for the large majority of them...it painted a very sad look at Tinsel Town and it's LA bias and the industry as a whole...

Deeds xx
    Ditto on all points

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Thanks for the information. Not sure whether it helps me to remain hopeful or not.
      Considering the 6ish weeks for pre-production and 5ish months for post-production Sanctuary's had in the past, if there is going to be a S5 premiering this Oct as usual I'm thinking that they'll need the greenlight by mid-March so they can start filming by May at the latest.

If Syfy wants to maybe move the show to different time of year or maybe do a mini-series instead of a full season, then it could still be a while. I'm thinking a mini-series/TV movie is more likely than a new season myself, but who knows.

sigpic

Comment

Well, there's still a possibility so I won't totally give up hope. I think I'll just try to be patient and wait & see.
        Moving to a new building/studio sounds like something that they think is do-able & I can see why Beedie didn't want to pay for a year at an increased price when they don't know what's in the cards.

Comment

Hello everyone

I promise I tried to read the whole topic.... but I would probably need 113 years to do that so I gave up around the 50th page

I managed to watch the series for 4 weeks, roughly a week per season and I am completely in love... And I want Druitt back! And and... I want too many things

Glad to find you here

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
            Hello everyone
            I promise I tried to read the whole topic.... but I would probably need 113 years to do that so I gave up around the 50th page
            I managed to watch the series for 4 weeks, roughly a week per season and I am completely in love... And I want Druitt back! And and... I want too many things
            Glad to find you here
            Welcome to GW & the thread.
            I want Druitt back too...I ship Helen and Druitt but I also ship Helen & Tesla.
            I'd love to see them bring Ashley back or at the very least show more history between the two.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I keep wondering...

Did anyone ask Amanda Tapping about the season 3 finale and her scene with Druitt?? I mean... there was soo much anger in her... I am not caught up with all her public appearance and interviews, but so far I haven't seen her comment on her rage in the season 3 finale... Do you have some interviews or videos and stuff about that?

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                I keep wondering...

Did anyone ask Amanda Tapping about the season 3 finale and her scene with Druitt?? I mean... there was soo much anger in her... I am not caught up with all her public appearance and interviews, but so far I haven't seen her comment on her rage in the season 3 finale... Do you have some interviews or videos and stuff about that?
                Honestly, I'd like to know that too. From what I remember the anger was there before the knowledge that he was willing to change the past.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

If we don't find out soon all sanctuary fan should write to syfy. Nothing mean or threatening just explain how much we love the show and how much it means to us... hey if it's worked before..... And i know there's millions worldwide who would participate..... come on guys they deserve a season 5

Comment

As much as I would love to see a fifth season I have little hope left at this point. Just too damn late to expect anything positive anymore :/

Comment

Originally posted by beautiful_love View Post
                      If we don't find out soon all sanctuary fan should write to syfy. Nothing mean or threatening just explain how much we love the show and how much it means to us... hey if it's worked before..... And i know there's millions worldwide who would participate..... come on guys they deserve a season 5
                      It hasn't worked before and Syfy couldn't careless about the Worldwide bit, they only care about Syfy viewers.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        Honestly, I'd like to know that too. From what I remember the anger was there before the knowledge that he was willing to change the past.
                        Well, I will ask the question if there is Tapping Tuesday again... is there going to be one if Sanctuary doesn't get a 5th season? Like, ever? Because I think Amanda will definitely answer that, it is kind of a big thing for character, that anger...

Comment

Speaking of the things that SyFy cares about is a very short list. I'd say number 1 is advertisers. Sanctuary would be renewed tomorrow if a sponsor would make a big commitment contingent on Sanctuary being on the schedule. I truly believe that the show has enough committed fans that would get behind a company if it would help save the show. I'm thinking of a scenario like Chuck and Subway.

Problem is, rarely do advertisers make show specific buys on cable networks. Of course there are exceptions, take Mad Men for example. On SyFy, I think BSG was charging over the standard per minute rate during the last couple of seasons. I also read in some advertising trade weekly that was left in a airplane seat pocket last week that SyFy along with other cable channels have a couple of premium show packages. As best as I could understand, the advertiser buys "X" minutes at a certain rate across several cable channels. For a premium price, their spots are placed during shows with the highest ratings in a targeted group. It was actually quite interesting and after reading it I understand why networks are so in love with reality programming. They produce a show that is cheap as dirt to put on the air and get the same advertising dollar as a scripted show. In my opinion, they have cut the production budget on Sanctuary as low as they feasibly can go. I imagine that it's all going to come down to how the rest of the bubble shows shake out. It might be another month before all the decisions have been made... Sorry for rambling....

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                            Speaking of the things that SyFy cares about is a very short list. I'd say number 1 is advertisers. Sanctuary would be renewed tomorrow if a sponsor would make a big commitment contingent on Sanctuary being on the schedule. I truly believe that the show has enough committed fans that would get behind a company if it would help save the show. I'm thinking of a scenario like Chuck and Subway.

Problem is, rarely do advertisers make show specific buys on cable networks. Of course there are exceptions, take Mad Men for example. On SyFy, I think BSG was charging over the standard per minute rate during the last couple of seasons. I also read in some advertising trade weekly that was left in a airplane seat pocket last week that SyFy along with other cable channels have a couple of premium show packages. As best as I could understand, the advertiser buys "X" minutes at a certain rate across several cable channels. For a premium price, their spots are placed during shows with the highest ratings in a targeted group. It was actually quite interesting and after reading it I understand why networks are so in love with reality programming. They produce a show that is cheap as dirt to put on the air and get the same advertising dollar as a scripted show. In my opinion, they have cut the production budget on Sanctuary as low as they feasibly can go. I imagine that it's all going to come down to how the rest of the bubble shows shake out. It might be another month before all the decisions have been made... Sorry for rambling....
                            Just a minor point - Syfy can't cut Sanctuary's budget, they don't produce it.
                            -

Comment

Skiffy cutting Sanctuary's budget....all depends on how you look at it. If the model is 'skiffy will pay $XX for a season's show' and if that is less than $XY that it was for season four, then they have in effect cut the show's budget unless the show can find donors or sponsors/investors to make up the difference.

If skiffy's money was enough to make the whole show 2 years ago, say it only was 75% of the show's budget last year and now they only want to pay 50% then it's up to the show to either find more investors or to find a way to make the show for the amount skiffy is going to pay. (you'll note that i'm just making up numbers here since we have no idea how much skiffy paid for, nor are we likely to find out)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                                Just to explain Chuck and Subway, Subway is a product placement. A very expensive, obvious one but a product placement none the less. Studios and production companies organise these, not networks they air on.
                                Actually, apart frok big ticket items no show is specifically purchased by advertisers (big tickets being super bowl, award shows etc). Other than that advertisers by timeslots with promised ratings.

Cable TV don't have bubble shows like network television does, car tV will save a show that rates 0.01 in demos and cancel one that rates 4.5 if it suits their needs. Okay, I admit those numbers are hypo ole, but it gives you a picture.

At this point it's hard to believe Sanctuary will be returning as
                                A series. I think they're just ironing out other potentials.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X